Home

Team Hssiss, A new, open modding Team

Canderis

i'll help with the voice acting

there are alot of our mods that will require voices as of now i still need 3 people to fill these characters in the lost ones

captain talais ( side character)

lord ardolis (miniboss)

rhavarion (revans father)

otherwise there are some other mods like canderous's glory that id imagine would need actors as well, let me know if you wanna play one of the characters listed above otherwise talk to canderis

there are alot of our mods that will require voices as of now i still need 3 people to fill these characters in the lost ones

captain talais ( side character)

lord ardolis (miniboss)

rhavarion (revans father)

otherwise there are some other mods like canderous's glory that id imagine would need actors as well, let me know if you wanna play one of the characters listed above otherwise talk to canderis

I would like to act for the captain :D

Just to let everyone know, we have a new website in addition to our Forum:

teamhssiss.webs.com

It's under construction and the forum is still here:

teamhssiss.proboards.com

Just though I'd let everyone know.

Oh, and thank you for the logo Darth Betrayal. It'll be up on the website soon...provided that you don't have a problem with us using it after making it for us. :D

I actually intend that to be used for the forums. Use it in the website if you wish. It was easy to make anyway.

Well Canderis would have to decide that....but I think it would be a good chatbox back ground but we would have to change the writing to white.

• 5 months later...

Well bump. Due to some... un-expected occurrences The Lost Ones will no longer be made. Yatsuke was laid off due to some other un-expected occurrences. Also a whole lot of mods will no-longer be made. Check our forums to see what remains.

We are no-longer recruiting any people who do not have modding experiences. And any team member who has not checked in on the forums lately shall be removed from the team. This excludes Lordrevan999 and HK-42 as they are gone due to RL issues.

EDIT: We are only recruiting by invite only now.

• 3 months later...

Hey, we are not dead yet. We are still alive and kicking.

Our main focus now is Canderous' Glory.

We decided to make a public group (like what logan23 did for RoR)

Benifits of joining include:

First views of videos, and screenshots.

Opportunities to ask questions to members of the team.

But if this isn't enough you also get access to BETA VERSIONS of our upcoming mods when they reach that stage.

Join here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/group.php?groupid=161

Just wanted to point out a plot inconsistency with the Rescue on the Harbinger mod, if you're still working on that one.

HK47 is already disassembled and has been for some time. The HK model on the Harbinger was a HK50 incognito (whom you later meet on Peragus), disguised as a Republic protocol droid, several were placed throughout the Republic fleet in the hopes of discovering the Exile's location.

This follows with the plans laid out by Atris to draw the Exile back into Republic space so that he can reveal the Sith threat as they followed him. It was probably Atris who posted the original bounty on Jedi with the Exchange in order to find the location of the Exile, G0T0 realised much later the implications of the Exile and Sith running around in the present galaxy only after the Exile returned to Republic space, before this there was just Darth Nihilus sucking the life out of Force Sensitives and G0T0 wouldn't have even been much aware of it, and it wasn't a problem for galactic economics. The Exile's return however signified the Jedi civil war was starting all over again and that was the droid-leader's main problem. Secondly the HK series did not appear to have been under G0T0's direct command but represented a third faction (depending on your point of view, M4-78 or Atris, I've never installed the M4-78 mod but I suspect Atris went to the planet and was behind the HK50's being activated with the task of hunting down any Jedi so she could use their whereabouts to track the Sith).

Nobody had seen the HK series droids before, and HK47 was one of a limited production series prototypes made years earlier, they're rarely encountered. If HK47 had been in working condition and on the Harbinger, the immediate correlation would've been made between this droid and the HK50 posing in disguise.

I think the logical reason for HK47's disassembly was in a light side Revan scenario (which is the intended most popular course for K1 by the game producers of course), as Revan abandoned the dark side, returned to the light side and became the hero of the Republic (at least in the eyes of Carth and Bastila for example, whom became leading members of the Republic and part of its aristocracy), he became subsequently uncomfortable with the integral programming of the assassin droid, which also knew far too much detailed information about him to simply abandon, so he disassembled it during the period between the two game settings and locked it away for safe keeping in the main hold. This was well before the Ebon Hawk was intercepted by the Harbinger.

It appears also logical the Ebon Hawk had been stolen from Revan at Trayus Academy by Kreia and flown into Republic space. Revan probably visited there as he begun his quest to find the True Sith, searching the records for hints at their location, whilst Kreia still injured from her encounter with Darth Sion stole the ship and fled. Sion took chase and fired upon the Ebon Hawk, which at this stage had only Kreia, a disassembled HK47 locked away in the hold, and a very frightened T3M4 probably hiding in the engine compartment.

Revan found his own way from Trayus Academy into the unknown regions, probably in a Sith vessel of some sort, I'm sure there were hyperdrive fitted shuttles and possibly scout class vessels (like Darth Maul's ship) there.

Fleeing the sith warship either Kreia or T3M4 transmitted a distress signal, which the Harbinger picked up and Admiral Onasi recognised as Revan's ship. The Exile was of course on board the Harbinger with the HK50.

The sith warship obviously won the battle and Darth Sion boarded just before the Harbinger arrived, the sith warship, probably just a corvette sized vessel fled (the Harbinger I assume is a battleship), and Sion and Kreia both sensed a Force presence on the Republic ship and entered a stasis before their issues could be resolved (ie. before Sion could kill her and claim the title of master), and the Harbinger tractored the Ebon Hawk.

This would make T3M4 the only functioning crew member or passenger on board, and he was disabled by HK50 soon after being transferred to the Harbinger iirc.

Kreia had already been injured by Sion in their earlier encounter and was being further weakened by his repeated pursuit of her, they probably duelled again just before the Harbinger arrived, her stasis was obviously a much deeper one than his, probably a regenerative one and the entire ordeal severed much of her connection to the Force, so that by the time she wakes up on Peragus she is a low level Consular who uses the Exile to re-establish her own connection to the Force. Much of her memory is obviously intact, just her abilities have waned. She is like a prize fighter being completely exhausted and needing quite a long time to recover fully.

Kreia appears completely dead and isn't even removed from the Ebon Hawk initially, it's just a body and cleaning the vessel might've had a lower priority than discovering what was going on, and healing the only apparently living crew member: Sion, who appeared to be unconscious and badly wounded.

So Jolee could be on the Harbinger, but this would be weird. Any Jedi on the Harbinger would be weird since the Exile is no longer officially a Jedi, his connection to the Force has disappeared. He travels as a "special passenger" and has various diplomatic privelages due to his former role, but has probably just hitched a ride or been sent on one, basically to get dropped off on some backwater world in the Harbinger's travels. He's just wandering around among the outer colonies to put it bluntly, living in exile.

If any Jedi Knights were on board as well, relations would be very cool at best. You could have Jolee I suppose but then there is a bit of complication with his own role in the Jedi Order.

If any of Revan's former companions were on the Ebon Hawk, Kreia would've had to disable them to steal the ship, possible but she had already been weakened by Sion and was probably in need of healing. Essentially this part of the backstory revolves around Kreia fleeing for her life from Sion.

It is basically a coincidence the Ebon Hawk was Revan's ship, that was the one she stole, and the first Republic warship to answer its distress signal had the Exile on board. Of course Kreia would say there are no such things as coincidences, I'm sure she thought it highly fortuitous to have happened upon the Exile, who needed someone to guide him to re-establish his connection to the Force, and in doing so this would repair her own Sith ablities.

You could have some of Revan's old companions unconscious on the Ebon Hawk, brought over to the Harbinger with Sion. Kreia was obviously left on board.

Later after Sion runs wild the HK50 is able to confirm the Exile is a Jedi (or why would Darth Sion suddenly want to hunt him after being brought aboard), but also fears that it may lose its prize bounty, so takes the Exile to the Ebon Hawk (where Kreia's body remains) then realising the navicomputer is voice locked retrieves T3M4 and departs, leaving Sion to chase them after rampaging through the Harbinger and killing all its crew. The Ebon Hawk is already damaged from its encounter with the sith warship so they can only limp to the closest system, Peragus with the Sith Marauder in pursuit.

So basically one premise of the Harbinger rescue mod should be changed, to switch the HK47 roles to a HK50 which can still be player controlled, it's just a matter of using a HK50 skin for HK47 and referring to any dialogue which mentions its model number adjusted accordingly.

If Jolee is aboard the Ebon Hawk he would be incapacitated and in the medbay along with Sion. Perhaps he awakens a little after and has to chase the Sith Marauder throughout the ship. But ultimately I see Jolee as an unnecessary addition to this mod as it breaks the flow of the original backstory premise.

One good thing about TSL is the level 50 cap, but only about 30 levels are normally achieved throughout the game, so there is plenty of room for additional experience for players, especially at the start to give them a little boost for those long Peragus and Telos modules. Any extra experience point gains early in the game help quicken those otherwise kinda boring and repetitive sections and get to the fun part where you're travelling between the planets in the Ebon Hawk, without damaging the later game stages by reaching the level cap too early (like can happen with any K1 expansion mods).

So all up, great mod idea. Just I think a lot of careful thinking needs to go into keeping the canon rather than interfering with it too much.

• 2 months later...

Our team has become unorganized. We are in the process of reforming. We are NOT dropping projects, nor team members.

In order to prioritize we want to know what the community wants most. So I pose to the great people of LF a question: what one of our mods are you looking forward to the most?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Canderis has asked that i announce our open recruitment once again, in this post i will explain what we are looking for, how to apply, and what we expect of new members.

Team Hssiss is looking for experienced modders to join our ever expanding team to work on major projects such as Canderous' Glory and The Lost Ones, at the moment we have openings in all fields except story, and are specifically looking for members that have experience in these fields...

Module Building

3D Modeling

Skinning

Sound Editing and Music

We have open spaces in other fields but these are where members are most needed, the application process is simple, simply send a PM to one of Team Hssiss' senior members

Canderis, LordOfHunger, or Me (Yatsookey)

the application format should be as follows...

Reason for joining:

Modding field:

A sample of your work is also required, use Imagehost.org to attach it to the PM show us your work

Our senior staff will then review the application and contact you if you've been accepted, after joining you must also join the team hssiss social group to look at our rules, regulations, and our development process, thank you for your time and we look forward to having you work with us.

Archived