Home

Whats your least favorite level of K2?

thundrfang1

Whats your least favorite lvl of K2?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your least favorite lvl of K2?

• Peragus
    • Malachor V
    • Nar Shadaa
    • Gotos Yaght
    • Other

Well tsl is mostly repetitive and boring compared to kotor.

Clearly you never played the game properly, and paid attention to the characters and storylines. If the best part of your game is the environments, like it was with K1, then you have a pretty bland game, especially when the story was as hackneyed and weak as K1's story was. I never focused much on the levels of the game, the fun of it for me was the dialogues and the characters, and watching new characters bring fresh personalities to the fore while older characters continued to develop dimension. That said, I'm going to have to say that Telos before you make it to the Polar region is the least favourable for me. Not because of a "boring environment" or any of that (get some perspective, people, this was a game all about story), but because most, if not all, of the characters on that planet were bland and uninteresting.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nar Shadaa is a miserable place, so the life there is horrible to go through and the rest of the levels have lots of dead bodies everywhere.

I think that was the point though. Obsidian Entertainment was portraying Nar Shaddaa as a dystopian planet. A city of misery, pollution, and segregation. Though, that might be why a lot of people hate it. (I, however thought it was brilliant.) Because it doesn't seem to fit within the Star Wars Universe.

Also, Kreia isn't a annoying hag. Heck, far from it, she's one of the best, most developed, most original video game characters ever made. I always put her in my party when I leave the ship. The problem is that most people don't seem to ''understand'' her character. You have to play the game more then twice in order to understand the entire complexity of TSL and its characters. Some people (I'm not saying all of you.) just wants to hurry up and beat the game. Most people would rather sit there and listen to hundreds of brilliantly written dialogues to understand the plot and story of TSL. Well, that's my two cents anyway.

Sorry for being a bit off topic.

I think that was the point though. Obsidian Entertainment was portraying Nar Shaddaa as a dystopian planet. A city of misery, pollution, and segregation. Though, that might be why a lot of people hate it. (I, however thought it was brilliant.) Because it doesn't seem to fit within the Star Wars Universe.

Also, Kreia isn't a annoying hag. Heck, far from it, she's one of the best, most developed, most original video game characters ever made. I always put her in my party when I leave the ship. The problem is that most people don't seem to ''understand'' her character. You have to play the game more then twice in order to understand the entire complexity of TSL and its characters. Some people (I'm not saying all of you.) just wants to hurry up and beat the game. Most people would rather sit there and listen to hundreds of brilliantly written dialogues to understand the plot and story of TSL. Well, that's my two cents anyway.

Sorry for being a bit off topic.

I love you.

Nar Shaddaa isn't all that different from Coruscant, to be honest.

lolwut

One thing I really like about TSL is the difference that playing ls vs ds brings to the table; though you'll almost always reach the same conclusion, the means of getting there are far more pronounced than in KOTOR, where usually it was just a difference in whether you got ls or ds points from an encounter. I think that's where Peragus lacks replay value, because ultimately it's only really your influence with Kreia vs Atton that changes. I still like Peragus/Harbinger though, because there is a distinctly different vibe between each of the areas you go through, but it still feels like a bit too much running around to recue a droid you don't even know at that point (I very much appreciate the comments made about climbing the force barriers).

@GTA:SWCity - the thing you can't put your finger on - do you think it's the sense of immediacy which you felt on The Endar Spire that's missing from Peragus? The constant explosions and the fact that you're on a ship which is under assault add a good level of panic factor I feel, even though you could spend as much or little time as you like there, regardless.

Malachor V's (which I've voted for) real weakness to me is it's lack of challenge, evident throughout most of the game but especially pronounced here; short of changing away from lightsabers (not very in-character), it's so linear but without serious threats, and the lack of party interaction being swapped out for two pretty meaningless solo sections makes it a real let-down of an end game. Maybe some restrictions on your FP regen or powers, for some unknown reason, would fix this. Otherwise, fingers crossed for the TSLRP making this whole section feel a lot more worthwhile.

Citadel is annoying as hell, but does at least have the ls/ds choices to spice it up, and I personally love Telos' surface - but probably mainly because it's the first open air section of the game, plus you have your first choice in selecting your party there. It just feels like a release. Also, I've found that Kreia with improved force scream really helps take care of the mercenaries some people mention having trouble with on Telos.

Nar Shadaa is one of my favourite sections in the game, from start to finish. Plus, it's been a long while since I'd originally visited there in the first Jedi Knight game, so it was nicely nostalgic, even though it felt like a very different place (I guess 4000 years will do that to a planet). My biggest complaint, which is more a playing style thing anyway, is making sure you've equipped/unequipped the right gear for each character once you hit the 'meeting the exchange' section through to Goto's yacht.

@the Kreia fans above - add another member to your ranks ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Korriban: I played the same modules already in K1. Lighting things differently was not that impressive, and the cave scenes are just ok for me dawg.

TSLRP will change all of your opinions on Malachor.... a huge improvement, with roles for your NPC's. This is not an invitation to start spamming me or this thread on off-topicness, btw. If you want to discuss TSLRP, PM me.

Peragus is annoying as hell after the first playthrough. It's a lot of hoops to jump over and through as you're sitting there going "when is my game gonna start?"

I liked Taris with its varying sidequests, plenty of interaction, and interesting characters. It was a great place to lay the groundwork for your character. Was she a scoundrel with a heart of gold or a black-hearted merc who'd kill her mum for a few credits?

Peragus didn't offer much in terms of that opportunity. You had to wait until Telos to determine how your Exile operated. It was overly-complicated and not much fun.

Malachor was nothing more than a big hack and slash. It could have been SO MUCH MORE (damn you, cut content)!

The ambient lighting ruined the mood that Peragus was meant to convey. Someone should make a mod for Peragus that lowers the amount of light to a more creepy level.

I voted for Malachor, but none of the areas in KotOR2 was all that interesting, IMO. The main story is what made the game worth playing.

I'd also like a mod to fix Peragus/Harbinger's lighting. Also, it'd be cool if some of the mining droids you encounter have personality, a little dialog here and there would be nice....

Actually, Canderis told me that he's working on a mod that improves existing content in TSL. It's called the TSLECE, and it's one of his side projects.

For me it was GOTO and his ship . The rest were ok but I don't play the game for it's 3D nice looking landscape . Kreia made the game worthwhile for me :D

Add to that , the game kept crashing so it made it hard to play over and over when Kotor 1 has no bug . (so far I didn't see any) . Switching from your Jedi to Atton and so on , made it less fun .

Peragus was awesome. :D I actually liked Telos, except the exterior bits.

Korriban or Dantooine would be my least favorite. Korriban gets a wild card because of the tomb of Ludo Kressh. Dantooine feels like a chore all the way through, partly because it's a recycled KotOR 1 planet. And looking for Vrook isn't particularly motivating.

It's a hard call, actually. There were a lot of planets that weren't very inspired. I liked the game as a whole rather than for any of its individual parts. I'd say either Peragus or GOTO's ship were areas I'd prefer to be able to skip.

First: Malachor is the most annoying.

TSL has bigger areas, but just less then thehalf as much as K1.

Malachor was damn boring, because all stormbeasts got down with one slash, and I had more than 40 wisdom and 500 fp, so all the sith assasins got down with max. two force storms. Malachor is too easy and, that gas mines drived me crazy, because I ha to use master heal/ force breath (or what the force power against poison is named), and it was just using force speed, running, running, running, slashin an enemy down, running, using force, running....

The first power I selected on my second playthrough was force speed because I can't play TSL without it because that damn long ways from A to B and the missing rapid transit system to the Ebon Hawk.

Just my statement :p

Archived