Home

Whats your least favorite level of K2?

thundrfang1

Whats your least favorite lvl of K2?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your least favorite lvl of K2?

• Peragus
    • Malachor V
    • Nar Shadaa
    • Gotos Yaght
    • Other

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess Peragus. It's a very boring environment for a starting level. KotOR awed you with the awesome art they did on Taris and strolling there was amazing, as was the Endar Spire because it was, like, the first time you were somewhere there.

Peragus felt dull and repetitive, both because of its System Shock-esque scenario and boring textures/area.

Other than that I'll say that Nar Shaddaa could have used a lot more work in the art. NS also looked very bland and uninspiring. I know the Smuggler's Moon is supposed to be all hopeless and stuff, but yeah.

I guess Peragus. It's a very boring environment for a starting level. KotOR awed you with the awesome art they did on Taris and strolling there was amazing, as was the Endar Spire because it was, like, the first time you were somewhere there.

Peragus felt dull and repetitive, both because of its System Shock-esque scenario and boring textures/area.

Other than that I'll say that Nar Shaddaa could have used a lot more work in the art. NS also looked very bland and uninspiring. I know the Smuggler's Moon is supposed to be all hopeless and stuff, but yeah.

I agree. Peragus sucked, and Nar Shadda could have been a lot better than it was, even though it is supposed to be hopeless.

I like NS...I think it had potential to be much better than it was. Damn you cut content! I actually liked its decayed hopeless feel, but maybe thats just the emo in me. :)

Malachor was absolutely my least favorite. The landscape was boring and by the time I get there I'm uber powerful and enemies just fall like rag dolls. The only cool thing was the area where you fight Kreia.

Peragus may be a bit boring but I liked the story. It just needed a lightsaber I think.

@thundrfang1: I would recommend making this a poll. ;)

~HOP

Peragus, no question. But, since I always skip Peragus now, I have to choose another level. :lol:

Telos. The land parts are murder!!!!!!! I'm not strong enough to kill all the mercs, even with my best weapons and armor on and two companions. I'm constantly running back and forth and healing people, or just standing there clicking medpacks to the right people. :/

While I agree that Taris was much more awe-inspiring graphically and artistically and was, overall, a much better "planet", I actually kind of like Peragus. I can't really judge its artistic direction and textures since I find practically every environment in K2 to be of the hopeless, bland feel. So, that aside, I was actually really drawn into the mysteriousness and solitude of Peragus.

My least favorite would be Malachor, hands down. I mean really, need I explain? This may change whenever the restoration project is completed. ;)

@thundrfang1: I would recommend making this a poll. ;)~HOP

i tried but it wouldnt let me for some reason

Peragus, no question. But, since I always skip Peragus now, I have to choose another level. :lol: :/

your lucky you have the PC version

also i just got an XBox360 so i have to do my whole file all over again

The problem with Peragus is quite simple. It's fun to play once, but not more than that. And that's the worst mistake that can be made on a game like KotOR, where you're meant to play again and again. After you picture what's going on there, the mysteries, the why, then it simply gets boring. Every replay is faded to be worst than the last. The same doesn't happen to Taris because the "Coruscant of the Outer Rim" allows you to do so many things, so differently that you end up not caring if you know what's going to happen on the main plot there.

Yeah, but the worst place on K2 isn't there. It's actually fairly difficult to select one, but I always believed that Telos reigned on that matter. Is there even a reason to return there? If it wasn't vital to the main plot, I wouldn't even set my foot on some of the Station's modules. you've got absolutely nothing interesting to do there that's not related to Czerka or the Ithorians.

The surface is not as bad the Citadel, but that's because you don't get to go there more than once.

The problem with Peragus is quite simple. It's fun to play once, but not more than that.

QFT, the first time you play you don't have a clue what's going on. I still personally like Peragus, the problem with it, is there is a distinct lack of NPC's due to the whole survival horror vibe.

Personally I dislike Malachor V for the lack of any plot of any kind what so ever; the game simply isn't finished.

QFT, the first time you play you don't have a clue what's going on. I still personally like Peragus, the problem with it, is there is a distinct lack of NPC's due to the whole survival horror vibe.

Personally I dislike Malachor V for the lack of any plot of any kind what so ever; the game simply isn't finished.

Agreed the lack of party member involvement is what really kills Malachor V for me.

I'd say it is all the levels before and including the land part of Telos. It is just boring and repetitive. What you do doesn't matter in the rest of the game. Even getting to Telos, if you join the Czerka and go to the surface through them, thier turret still shoots them down.Even Peragus is just, "Hey, you're here, go kill some robots, and then we leave." These levels are just so boring, I've stopped playing the game.

I didn't like Peragus, the station part of Telos, Malachor's surface, and GOTO's yacht.

I hated GOTO's yacht. It took me forever to figure out which combination of characters to use. The same thing happened to me on Nar Shadaa when you have to face that stupid Black Sun Gang.

The problem with Peragus is quite simple. It's fun to play once, but not more than that. And that's the worst mistake that can be made on a game like KotOR, where you're meant to play again and again. After you picture what's going on there, the mysteries, the why, then it simply gets boring. Every replay is faded to be worst than the last. The same doesn't happen to Taris because the "Coruscant of the Outer Rim" allows you to do so many things, so differently that you end up not caring if you know what's going to happen on the main plot there.

That's probably true. I've only played through K2 twice, both playthroughs having about a year of time between them. Because of that, the mysteriousness was still mostly there. Whenever I play K2 again, Peragus will probably still be nice, because I haven't played K2 in well over two years now.

Archived