Home

Mass Media's pathological hatred of Bush

GarfieldJL

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can't negotiate with a man hellbent on committing genocide.

See, this is why you can't reason with Republicans. They automatically decide that negotiation would never work as opposed to trying it, and, once results of said negotiation are finalised, counting national leaders as incapable of rational discussion and international compromise. It kind of goes with the conservative ideology that America is the best nation on earth (not really at all, kthx), and that everyone should listen to us.

I refer to it as "Teddy Roosevelt Syndrome".

So please, save your over-exaggerations and emotionally dramatised threats of war at home and terrorism killing us all. I know Bush has told you that the big bad terrorists are going to come after you if we don't send more troops to Iraq, but clearly, he's not too fond of telling the truth, or making sense, for that matter. We are not planet America, we are earth. Other nations have just as much validity of opinion as we do in these matters, period, and we need to attempt diplomacy and peaceful situations before we go gunning in, assuming that the man is a nutbar, which is exactly what you're suggesting we do.

Thanks for bringing up the next mainstream media propaganda piece about Bush being out to destroy Islam.

I love how everything against Bush is a liberal smear-campaign to make him seem like the destroyer of tolerance, or mainstream media just hating on the poor wittle fellah for no reason.

See, this is why you can't reason with Republicans. They automatically decide that negotiation would never work as opposed to trying it, and, once results of said negotiation are finalised, counting national leaders as incapable of rational discussion and international compromise. It kind of goes with the conservative ideology that America is the best nation on earth (not really at all, kthx), and that everyone should listen to us.

If I remember correctly it was a Republican that brought about the end of the cold war. There are some people you can negotiate with and others you can't, a wacko hellbent on committing genocide isn't someone you can negotiate with.

I refer to it as "Teddy Roosevelt Syndrome".

Common sense isn't a disease.

So please, save your over-exaggerations and emotionally dramatised threats of war at home and terrorism killing us all. I know Bush has told you that the big bad terrorists are going to come after you if we don't send more troops to Iraq, but clearly, he's not too fond of telling the truth, or making sense, for that matter.

Bush has a problem speaking, he isn't Bill Clinton that has a tendency to lie about everything.

We are not planet America, we are earth. Other nations have just as much validity of opinion as we do in these matters, period, and we need to attempt diplomacy and peaceful situations before we go gunning in, assuming that the man is a nutbar, which is exactly what you're suggesting we do.

Uh if we wanted to take over the world, why were we trying to get a stable government in Iraq that could vote?

I love how everything against Bush is a liberal smear-campaign to make him seem like the destroyer of tolerance, or mainstream media just hating on the poor wittle fellah for no reason.

I have my own problems with Bush, but he can't be both an incompetitent idiot and an evil genius out to take over the world at the same time.

history will have the final word? tanking the economy and the u.s' reputation isn't some minor detail, his administration has been a monumental ****-up.

Economy remarks - Our economy started to tank during the election of 2000. Bush is guilty of not exercising restraint on tax cuts; nevertheless, he also didn't do anything to stop the downfall.

Reputation remarks - Use the Vietnam War as an example. The United States' reputation tanked then as well; however, we stood strong to admit our failures. We learned valuable lessons from it's duration and aftermath. We will heal from the Bush doctrine. What makes America such a flexible society is how much stronger and aware our mistakes makes us.

We have only a few choices -

a. Allow yesterday's mistakes to pull us down.

b. Allow yesterday's mistakes to spring us up.

Bush has done some very controversial actions. I'm not going to defend all of them; however, I do agree with some of his take on terrorism. History will either change minds or reinforce how people feel about him.

Media groups are out for blood from any candidate; nevertheless, they are more focused on what Republicans do than Democrats. I don't see this changing now or anytime soon. Bush's secrecy put a big bullseye on him, and what he did with it also drew attention.

If I remember correctly it was a Republican that brought about the end of the cold war. There are some people you can negotiate with and others you can't, a wacko hellbent on committing genocide isn't someone you can negotiate with.
yes that had everything to do with ronald reagan and not the soviet economy failing and civil unrest.

Bush has a problem speaking, he isn't Bill Clinton that has a tendency to lie about everything.
thank god he only lies about every other thing?

Economy remarks - Our economy started to tank during the election of 2000. Bush is guilty of not exercising restraint on tax cuts; nevertheless, he also didn't do anything to stop the downfall.

Reputation remarks - Use the Vietnam War as an example. The United States' reputation tanked then as well; however, we stood strong to admit our failures. We learned valuable lessons from it's duration and aftermath. We will heal from the Bush doctrine. What makes America such a flexible society is how much stronger and aware our mistakes makes us.

We have only a few choices -

a. Allow yesterday's mistakes to pull us down.

b. Allow yesterday's mistakes to spring us up.

Bush has done some very controversial actions. I'm not going to defend all of them; however, I do agree with some of his take on terrorism. History will either change minds or reinforce how people feel about him.

Media groups are out for blood from any candidate; nevertheless, they are more focused on what Republicans do than Democrats. I don't see this changing now or anytime soon. Bush's secrecy put a big bullseye on him, and what he did with it also drew attention.

yeah, i didn't say the u.s. wouldn't recover, so your post is pretty pointless.

Garfield: Iran is a lot like Russia, it's leaders threaten anything and everything for political gain, but act like any other country when it comes to how it deals with the world, i.e it act in its own best interests. Sure, it usually isn't a nice country to deal with, but their main goal in getting the bomb is not to use it, but to use all the benefits just having the bomb brings.

I suppose giving press passes to CODE PINK in order to disrupt the Republican convention is just reporting too...

Allegedly, of course.

Okay I'm going to be blunt and tell you to source what you're saying, even Jae has pointed out that Fox News is on the up and up when they report the news.

No offense to Jae, but she's not God. Just because Jae says something doesn't mean you should immediately accept it (although I do agree with many things she says, because she's rational and makes her points through logical discourse instead of flaming and libel.)

Source please... Also an interesting side note CBS has a practice of only airing parts of interviews, we still have yet to see the full interview between Palin and Couric. We only saw the parts that CBS wanted the public to see.

Every station edits for time. Every station.

Furthermore, anyone else remember Rathergate?

NO MORE ****ING -GATE WORDS! IT'S WATERGATE OR NOTHING!

I wasn't aware there was a hotel called Rathergate. What happened there?

:lol:

Four to eight years from now people will be saying Bush Who?.

False.

Publicly admitting the use of torture is political suicide; thus, I understand why he came out with the statement.

Statement? I believe the word is lie.

yeah, the good old days of trillions of dollars of debt, two wars, an end to government credibility, ostracism from the international community, and no viable environmental policy. you'll forgive me if i disregard your predictions as meaningless.

QFEEEEE.

First I don't care what the international community things at this time.

Of course you don't. :(

Only a mentor may call someone grasshopper, and you certainly aren't my mentor.

As you are so apt to point out, FREEDOM OF SPEECH, *****ES!

Key phrase being "started to tank." A good president would have stopped it in the eight years it's been brewing.

_EW_

Garfield: Iran is a lot like Russia' date=' it's leaders threaten anything and everything for political gain, but act like any other country when it comes to how it deals with the world, i.e it act in its own best interests. Sure, it usually isn't a nice country to deal with, but their main goal in getting the bomb is not to use it, but to use all the benefits just having the bomb brings.[/quote']

Russian leaders didn't believe, they go to heaven and get 50 beautiful virgins for killing infidels in a jihad.

Russian leaders didn't believe, they go to heaven and get 50 beautiful virgins for killing infidels in a jihad.
Of course, since most of the population of Russia belongs to the Russian Orthodoxy, that makes perfect sense.

Oh yes, and 47 virgins are allotted to each man. o_Q

As long as I get 52 Orlando Bloom and/or Shia LeBoeuf-types, I consider that fair. :xp: --Jae

@jmac and Pastrami (I love pastrami!):

:lol:

You may think it's funny but I have friends that live in Israel, so in all honesty it's not a laughing matter.

Sure it is. This whole thread is laughable, trying to paint a media source as evil and Bush as some innocent victim to the crazy liberals' smear attacks against him. I mean, the man only destroyed two countries, Iraq and America, infrastructurally and economically respectively. He only managed to lessen our personal freedoms and rights to privacy using more unfounded and empty scare tactics, and hollow accusations of imminent terrorism on the homefront.

Nevermind his total idiocy. And his vice president, who is evil and darkness incarnate. No, this is all an attack on Bush to get to conservatives, and it's all lies. That, for me, constitutes a little chuckle at the expense of these matters. So!

:rofl:

Archived