Home

Mass Media's pathological hatred of Bush

GarfieldJL

Okay I'm going to be blunt and tell you to source what you're saying, even Jae has pointed out that Fox News is on the up and up when they report the news.

Why? So that you can completely ignore them. Since I've already provide you with soures, that you completely ignored, I'll provide you with a link to that page to refreash your memory. http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2327306&postcount=5

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2327306#post2327306

I have no doubt that you will either completely ignore them again or try to change the subject by showing how CBC, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, BBC... or some other media outlet made a mistake. They are all bias including Fox News.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is when they are editting it to try to advance a political agenda. Furthermore, not every news station does it. Fox News only split up Bill O'Reilly's interviews with Hillary, Obama, and McCain on seperate nights because it wouldn't all fit in one show, but they aired the entire interview.
Please provide proof other than the Dan Rather debacle that shows that CBS is out to smear conservative politicians by editing parts of interviews to make them look like idiots. Right now, your argument has little value.

It is when they are editting it to try to advance a political agenda. Furthermore, not every news station does it. Fox News only split up Bill O'Reilly's interviews with Hillary, Obama, and McCain on seperate nights because it wouldn't all fit in one show, but they aired the entire interview.

But surely, you've only got O'Reilly's word for that? If so, how can you be so sure?

Please provide proof other than the Dan Rather debacle that shows that CBS is out to smear conservative politicians by editing parts of interviews to make them look like idiots. Right now, your argument has little value.

Wasn't Dan Rather employed by CBS?

Joe Lockhart, the Kerry aide who called CBS's source, former Texas Guardsman Bill Burkett, dismissed the charge as "a smear campaign" by Republicans. Another Kerry aide, Michael McCurry, said Kerry has been briefed and is "satisfied" with Lockhart's explanation that it was an innocuous conversation.
-- Washington Post: White House Links Memos, Kerry Effort

Wasn't Dan Rather employed by CBS?
No, by the Queen of England. :rolleyes: Yes, he was, but Dan Rather and George W. Bush has nothing to do with Katie Couric and Sarah Palin.

-- Washington Post: White House Links Memos, Kerry Effort
If you read the rest of the article, you'd see that CBS as a whole denounced the incident

CBS spokeswoman Kelli Edwards, asked about Mapes's actions, said: "It's obviously against CBS News standards and those of every other reputable news organization to be associated with any political agenda."

Bush, goes down in history as the worst president in history, even if the media has been biased, etc etc. That cannot change the above fact. Is America better or worse off due to Bush's Presidency? I don't see how anyone on review of the current situation can say America is better off...

Our current mindset on Bush is what your saying. He is the most hated president in current US history. We have had others who were equal to or wose than Bush; however, events following their reign have proven otherwise. Many people who live in the US focus on short-term events. Four to eight years from now people will be saying Bush Who?. Historians will judge him on the events following his administration. Obama's actions or inactions will be center stage for the next four years. How the world changes from here forward can either redeem or reinforce people's perception of Bush. Obama has to stand up and play healer now; however, he must do so without compromising the American public's interest. Its a tough job.

Source please... Also an interesting side note CBS has a practice of only airing parts of interviews, we still have yet to see the full interview between Palin and Couric. We only saw the parts that CBS wanted the public to see.

Actually, the words were, "...we don't torture." And yes, I saw the entire interview, because it took place at the time when Bush was asking Congress to split hairs over whether or not the treatment of the detainees was lawful and I was actually interested in that sort of thing at the time.

You know, as politically active as you are, I find it rather hard to believe that you don't know to which interview that I'm referring. I mean, how many one-on-one interviews with Katie Couric has Bush held?

I suppose them wearing Obama shirts at the Democrat Convention and chanting his name is proper behavior for journalists.

Source please...

Your turn. :D

Furthermore, anyone else remember Rathergate?

Of course. Not that it was news to me. I've known that Rather was full of it since the '80s.

EDIT: Woah, this place has exploded! :xp: PastramiX beat me to the link. Thanks, man!

Actually, the words were, "...we don't torture." And yes, I saw the entire interview, because it took place at the time when Bush was asking Congress to split hairs over whether or not the treatment of the detainees was lawful and I was actually interested in that sort of thing at the time.

I will go on record as a witness. I saw the same interview. I agreed with the use of small scale torture; nevertheless, those comments gave me a chill. Publicly admitting the use of torture is political suicide; thus, I understand why he came out with the statement.

Our current mindset on Bush is what your saying. He is the most hated president in current US history. We have had others who were equal to or wose than Bush; however, events following their reign have proven otherwise. Many people who live in the US focus on short-term events. Four to eight years from now people will be saying Bush Who?. Historians will judge him on the events following his administration. Obama's actions or inactions will be center stage for the next four years. How the world changes from here forward can either redeem or reinforce people's perception of Bush. Obama has to stand up and play healer now; however, he must do so without compromising the American public's interest. Its a tough job.
4-8 years from now people won't be saying "bush who?", he and his administration have royally screwed up this country and it will take years to recover from this.

You know, as politically active as you are, I find it rather hard to believe that you don't know to which interview that I'm referring. I mean, how many one-on-one interviews with Katie Couric has Bush held?

First, you only saw what CBS chose to let you see. Second, I've got my problems with Bush, just the Democrats chose either lunatics or people that have competitency issues to run against him. If the Democrats had Evan Bayh run against Bush in 2004, instead of John Kerry I would have voted for Bayh.

Fact is I think Bush exercised poor judgment in appointing who he appointed and choosing his running mate. Do you have any evidence that Bush signed off on actually torturing prisoners like what happened in Abu Grabe (sp?), cause Gitmo's living conditions look like a tropical resort compared to the prison system we see in the United States.

Of course. Not that it was news to me. I've known that Rather was full of it since the '80s.

The fact is what Rather and CBS did was beyond bias, if it had been a private citizen and not a public figure whom is in the spotlight constantly, they would have been sued for slander. I still thing President Bush should have sued them.

4-8 years from now people won't be saying "bush who?", he and his administration have royally screwed up this country and it will take years to recover from this.

More likely, people will remember the Bush as the good'ol days 4 years from now cause Obama and the Democrats will ruin the country so badly that this recession will look like the days of plenty.

Btw, the reason why I'm questioning CBS, MSNBC, and CNN's credibility includes:

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/09/06/ms-nbc-convention-driver-crowd-questions-rigged/

Ordinarily I wouldn't use hotair.com but there is an audio tape that is embedded that is of interest.

More likely, people will remember the Bush as the good'ol days 4 years from now cause Obama and the Democrats will ruin the country so badly that this recession will look like the days of plenty.
yeah, the good old days of trillions of dollars of debt, two wars, an end to government credibility, ostracism from the international community, and no viable environmental policy. you'll forgive me if i disregard your predictions as meaningless.

I see why people are currently angry with him; however, I think history will have the final word. I don't remember all the bad or good of the Clinton era. Does anyone remember in great detail about the Pursian Gulf War? Desert Storm? Those events should have justified Bush's invasion; however, they we so long ago people dismissed them.

yeah, the good old days of trillions of dollars of debt, two wars, an end to government credibility, ostracism from the international community, and no viable environmental policy. you'll forgive me if i disregard your predictions as meaningless.

First I don't care what the international community things at this time. If you think government is corrupt now, wait till the Chicago Mob gets its grips in the White House. You think the debt is bad now, wait for the trillions in new spending and insanely large tax increases get pushed through, you think two wars are bad, wait for the next terrorist attack because Obama pulls out before we finish the job in Afghanistan and Iraq, which will become breeding grounds for more terrorists. You think it's bad now, just wait for what could potentially be a second holocaust.

First I don't care what the international community things at this time. If you think government is corrupt now, wait till the Chicago Mob gets its grips in the White House. You think the debt is bad now, wait for the trillions in new spending and insanely large tax increases get pushed through, you think two wars are bad, wait for the next terrorist attack because Obama pulls out before we finish the job in Afghanistan and Iraq, which will become breeding grounds for more terrorists. You think it's bad now, just wait for what could potentially be a second holocaust.

Damn. Overdramatize much? Let's wait until he's been in office a while before we start spouting universal Armageddon, shall we? ;)

That's a ridiculous exaggeration. Why would Obama being president logically lead to a holocaust?

What is the nutcase President of Iran trying to build?

Nuclear Weapons, and the fact Obama doesn't want to provoke the man with sanctions and instead just wants to sit down and have tea with the nutcase.

Damn. Overdramaticize much? Let's wait until he's been in office a while before we start spouting universal Armageddon, shall we? ;)

I'm not a drama critic.

I see why people are currently angry with him; however, I think history will have the final word. I don't remember all the bad or good of the Clinton era. Does anyone remember in great detail about the Pursian Gulf War? Desert Storm? Those events should have justified Bush's invasion; however, they we so long ago people dismissed them.
history will have the final word? tanking the economy and the u.s' reputation isn't some minor detail, his administration has been a monumental ****-up. you're also wrong on justification for the current war in iraq, but that's for another thread.

1. yes, why should we care what those pesky "other countries" think? it's not like we'll need their help to fight international terrorism
  2. obama isn't al capone
  3. inciting wars and flooding countries with no real form of government with weapons creates breeding grounds for terrorists, at this point, there's no way to fix the situation

Nuclear Weapons, and the fact Obama doesn't want to provoke the man with sanctions and instead just wants to sit down and have tea with the nutcase.

So, by what you're saying, the US should provoke him, and not try and find a peaceful solution?

you havent cleared nearly enough brush to use a line like that, grasshopper.

Only a mentor may call someone grasshopper, and you certainly aren't my mentor.

Face it the mental case has called Israel, "A stinking corpse." Calls for it to be wiped off the map and is trying to obtain WMDs it doesn't take a rocket scientist to connect the dots.

Only a mentor may call someone grasshopper, and you certainly aren't my mentor.

Face it the mental case has called Israel, "A stinking corpse." Calls for it to be wiped off the map and is trying to obtain WMDs it doesn't take a rocket scientist to connect the dots.

welp, it's a good thing you dont give a damn about the international community then, so we can just let israel deal with it.

and actually it would take a rocket scientist to connect the dots.

Archived