Home

The Great Craigslist Scavenger Hunt Thread!

RoxStar

Hello Swamp,

Most of you are familiar with the site Craigslist.org, a glorified newspaper classified section on the internet. I am proposing that we use the wonderful tool as a little game. We will have a contest to see who can find the wackiest entry for a specific category.

Examples:

A link to your entry :

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/zip/966280884.html

or if you're feeling adventurous (and don't want to risk the entry being taken down) a screenshot of the entry:

toiletsty0.jpg

Please use your head when posting and warn us before you link us somewhere scary! Also don't post non work safe images, duh!

The first contest is...

Most unusual item off of the "Free" section!

Good luck! Let's say this contest will last 5 days, so until the 29th!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, so I think I may have just accidentally won the Internet. I totally just stumbled upon this, remembered this thread and thought I'd share the horror.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/spo/1008380738.html

Look at the last picture on there. He's a Furry. He's a Furry selling his punching bag. Right in my hometown.

If it gets taken down, here's a screen grab of the post.

239776036_craigslistpost.thumb.jpg.e7c482db651c35a69d46869c2a175507.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ok, so this craigslist post in my area is 100% not a joke and this image is really the guy asking for help. Linky I feel really bad for the guy but is this really the best picture they had?

In case it is removed, here it is:

My house was robbed last month, they took everything from us (except for my dog) I do not have much money but I will pay you what I can afford. I need anything and everything including pictures, chairs, tv, couch bed's and mattress's table and chairs etc... Please call me at ***-***-****

DSC08497-2.jpg

Ok, so this craigslist post in my area is 100% not a joke and this image is really the guy asking for help. Linky I feel really bad for the guy but is this really the best picture they had?

In case it is removed, here it is:

My house was robbed last month, they took everything from us (except for my dog) I do not have much money but I will pay you what I can afford. I need anything and everything including pictures, chairs, tv, couch bed's and mattress's table and chairs etc... Please call me at ***-***-****

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr93/pimpinmotors/DSC08497-2.jpg

Aw, Rhett, that must have been awful for you. I hope that there are some locals kind enough to step up and help you

recover from this traumatic experience. :)

:p

Archived