Home

Ebon Hawk - "Revan's"

Rtas Vadum

Well, by now we all know how the Ebon Hawk is acquired in KotOR. And you fly to Dantooine, and the story goes from there. But one thing that does seem a bit off, and possibly a bit untouched, is the fact that at the end of your first meeting with the jedi council(Well, not really, but you know what i mean), the Hawk is referred to as "Your" ship. Now, i can understand why that might be said, but then again, it does beg the question of why that the ownership of the Hawk would just be handed over to the player character so easily.

Now, for the Exile, she gains the ownership from Kreia, and is referred to as the Captain of the Hawk in a few instances in the game. And since there is the fact that she has captained ships before, her taking the role of the ships captain fits with no real needed thought other than playing the game, to understand the part exile's past that is the Mandalorian Wars.

But for Revan, or whatever name he/she is called when the ownership of the Hawk is obtained, the only person part of the crew that knows his past is Bastila. I suppose the real question is why a republic solider would just be handed pretty much the total command of the ship. While it is true that you can't do much with it other than having it take you to the different planets, using it as a place to sleep(I know that's only in cut-scenes, work with me here), but thinking of other things that could be done with the ship, seems odd your just handed the captaincy of the ship, with no need to either bargain, persuade your way into it, or decline the offer. While it does fit that you would have that position on the ship, seems just funny your given it so easily.

Well, the Ebon Hawk falls into the posession of Revan, Bastila, Carth etc. They steal it from Davik, making it theirs. It is the ship of the crew. The council does say to Revan it's "your" ship. It's like calling the family car "your" car. It is the plural you.

I do not know who you think has actually given Revan command of the ship. The crew all respect his/her skills so I guess Revan has an informal command of the Ebon Hawk. I don't ever recall anybody giving Revan captaincy of the ship, but the crew all look up to him/her and they are united around a common goal, and realize that Revan is a natural leader.

I just never got the impression the the Hawk was only my ship. Am I getting what you are saying.

• 2 weeks later...

Revan didn't have the immediate control of the ship, though. Remember that Bastila, Carth and him/her are discussing what to do after leaving Taris and settle for Dantooine. From that point, after receiving his/her Jedi training, the Hawk is assigned to him in order to do the Council's bidding. The other members, except for Bastila and Juhani, weren't obliged to stick with Revan, but they did nonetheless.

^ T3 was left in control of the Hawk, so I doubt it was sold to anyone. Somehow Kreia found her way into the ship, but that's still unknown.

Perhaps she was searching for Revan? Might explain T3's presence, and why HK-47 was aboard - 'already in the process of being repaired'.

Yer man on Nar Shaddaa (Ratrin Vek?) says it was stolen from him, by the sound of the dialogue fairly recently before the Exile's arrival on NS (bearing in mind recovery time on Peragus and whatever Kreia was up to), so possibly Kreia stole it from him?

Perhaps she was searching for Revan? Might explain T3's presence, and why HK-47 was aboard - 'already in the process of being repaired'.
We know she was searching for a Jedi - but that's the Exile.

Yer man on Nar Shaddaa (Ratrin Vek?) says it was stolen from him, by the sound of the dialogue fairly recently before the Exile's arrival on NS (bearing in mind recovery time on Peragus and whatever Kreia was up to), so possibly Kreia stole it from him?

Why won't Ratrin recognise her then?

Okay, so she may have stolen it when wasn't on board and didn't even seen her. But how did the Hawk ended up on his hands to begin with? I'm positive T3 was in charge of the Hawk when Revan left.

Why won't Ratrin recognise her then?

Okay, so she may have stolen it when wasn't on board and didn't even seen her. But how did the Hawk ended up on his hands to begin with? I'm positive T3 was in charge of the Hawk when Revan left.

But Ratrin says that the ship was stolen from him before the Mandalorian Wars ended. That means he owned it before even Davik Kang did.

It's the Ebon Hawk, isn't it? She was stolen from me during a routine run in the Mid-Rim, near the close of the Mandalorian Wars.

I've heard people say that he might be lying, but he seems to know enough about the ship to make the idea that he didn't own it at some point to be impractical.

I'd like an "in between" story, sort of like a KH: CoM to sort of explain things a little better. Perhaps an apprentice type character met up with Kreia, after getting the Ebon Hawk from Bastila and Carth?

I'd thought that the game itself said Revan left the Ebon Hawk and "its machines" with Kreia, apparently on Malachor V. Don't know how much sense that makes, since we all know how landings on Malachor are.

My take on it:

Revan and Canderous stole the ship, and agreed to a 50-50 split (explaining part of why he sticks around on an LS game). Since Revan was in clear charge of the party (in deed, if not in name) when they went searching for the maps, Canderous deferred to Revan as an "employer." This made Revan the de facto captain of the boat. It was also one of the reasons why the last person to see Revan alive was Canderous.

As for how the misplaced Reverend Mother got a hold of it? I figured she lured Revan into some kind of trap and made off with the ship and droids.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure the Jedi council thinks of the Ebon Hawk as Revan's ship. Maybe they think of it as Bastilla's ship. Or maybe they figure taking a ship from a crime lord doesn't seem all that bad a thing to do.

Besides, it's war! And we need a ship now! The Republic is losing ships and men, the Sith are only growing more numerous, and obviously, the planet of Taris has been destroyed - so the owner isn't going to come claim it. The rules are different in war, since war is effectivly a failure of the rules.

actully I think that Jolee knew that he was Revan because there is a reference to it somewhere after the leviathon.

Jolee did say after u escape the leviathon tht he did alredy know who u were but he didnt show any signs b4 tht...and t3 had pretty much taken ownership of the the hawk becuz he was the last one to be on it b4 he met the exile.

Archived