Home

Has anyone ever noticed this? NOT FINISHED

Jedi Master Revan

Um.. just going off the movies... Luke got pwned by Vader with only 2 weeks training... If I remember it correctly, it was Luke at the end of the second movie with only one hand... Someone feel free to correct me.... If you are talking after that, he continued his training, so you can't say only 2 weeks training.

Vader was the one that defeated the Emperor. Well technically it was Palpy's connection to the reactor that killed him...

Um.. just going off the movies... Luke got pwned by Vader with only 2 weeks training... If I remember it correctly, it was Luke at the end of the second movie with only one hand... Someone feel free to correct me.... If you are talking after that, he continued his training, so you can't say only 2 weeks training.

Vader was the one that defeated the Emperor. Well technically it was Palpy's connection to the reactor that killed him...

your not going off the movies and i was talking about all of the movies, and the emperor knew that Vader could kill him, as he mentioned in the third movie Revenge of the Sith to Yoda,

Lord Palpatine:Lord Vader will become more powerful than either of us,

Yoda: Much Faith in your new apprentice, you have placed

well the dialogue is near enough not exact but you get the picture, this happened when Yoda had just flipped paply off his feet with a force wave ^^ and during their locked light saber stance.

Ow and if you wandering why Vader didn't take his revenge oon paply is because he was driven by anger, the anger which lead to hatred and he wanted to kill every jedi that remained

Bastila was a princess?

And what, Bioware was unoriginal because they had a wookiee in their game? What, were there no wookiees in the old republic?

_EW_

According to Canderous she was. :xp: I think he meant more of a princessy, "I'm better then you are" attitude.

QFT. Exactly right about the wookies. I suppose next we should oust Bao Dur because he looks too much like Darth Maul (when DS). If there was no wookie, people would complain that the game was not Star Wars-ish enough.

7ft tall, hairy, and they growl and take on life-debts... fine line if you ask me

A life debt is a big part of wookie culture so I don't think that it is so strange that they both carry one. How different can you possibly make a wookie though...I thought Zaalbar being a prince would have been difference enough.

~HOP

Psychological victory is a victory too.

Anyways, he bested Palpatine later in a lightsaber duel as well according to EU.

I'll stick with the argument of Vader owned every single old Republic Jedi and Luke owned Vader.

Expanded Universe? Really? The Prequel Trilogy is given a lot of (undeserved) flak, but Expanded Universe...

It's canon, true, but not to my liking. Really not a good resolution to the dramatic plot of Episodes 1-6.

I found it to be fitting even if one could see it as distasteful. The Prequel Trilogy is given a lot of praise, mostly due to high traffic of new fans of the recent generations. However, it does not mean it isn't deserved -- rather it just gets annoying to me when you can't carry on the conversation by getting in depth with the trilogy that started it all.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed its parallel with the movies whic was one way to get props from its loyal fanbase.

I'm sure if you look it up, one could find an interview with a concept artist/manager hired on to make a central villain that had a familiar feel and presence to Vader--and the emperor to some extent. Hence Darth Malak.

Also the scene where the med droid is removing Malak's jawplate while one of his underlings briefs him was highly reminiscent of the scene in empire strikes back where Vader was meditating without his helmet as an admiral came in to brief him.

Psychological victory is a victory too.

Anyways, he bested Palpatine later in a lightsaber duel as well according to EU.

I'll stick with the argument of Vader owned every single old Republic Jedi and Luke owned Vader.

And how about at the moment he cheap shotted Mace Windu?

I think mace would have beat the living crap out of Anakin/Vader in human form. Mace'd pwn cybernetic Vader.

Luke only bested Palpatine saber wise with a little help via force augmentation. Which implies to me that Luke (nor Leia) *DID NOT* posses the near unlimited force potential that anakin/vader supposedly had.

There was circumstances around that such as Luke receiving "strength" from from two others of Skywalker blood; his sister Leia and the unborn baby Anakin Solo.

Yup.

But it was Luke putting Anakin/Vader to the test--would he really let his own son be murdered by the emperor? Apparently not. At least give Luke *some* credit. Not a lot, just a little bit for pulling out the cog that undid Palpatine's work on Vader.

I think it would be more accurate to say that Vader killed the Emperor than defeated him, because they didn't actually fight each other.
Though according to EU there had been a few times Vader turned on the emperor. All subtly, save one. Vader was floored in 2 seconds.

Bastila was a princess?

And what, Bioware was unoriginal because they had a wookiee in their game? What, were there no wookiees in the old republic?

_EW_

According to Canderous she was. :xp: I think he meant more of a princessy, "I'm better then you are" attitude.

QFT. Exactly right about the wookies. I suppose next we should oust Bao Dur because he looks too much like Darth Maul (when DS). If there was no wookie, people would complain that the game was not Star Wars-ish enough.

Perhaps, but the no jedi robes restriciton w/out mods is a downer to that. Also, Bao Dur was more buff and I suspect taller and heavier. Maul/Ray Park on the other hand......was wiry.

A life debt is a big part of wookie culture so I don't think that it is so strange that they both carry one. How different can you possibly make a wookie though...I thought Zaalbar being a prince would have been difference enough.

~HOP

Fur coat variations could help? Maybe?

nice to see my thread thriving even when i ahve been away for a month, even if it doesn't really relate to this topic specificly lol ^^

I like to try to help that along as well.:D

And I noticed this: Darths(except for Revan) usually don't have all their body part.Nihilus is an encased soul in the armor,Traya has white eye and lost a hand,Sion has more than 1k fracture in his body,Vader was burned with lava and Sidious has a "river" on his head.

Bastila was a princess?

_EW_

I should have explained myself better. I meant the role the crew members had. Bastilla somewhat took the place of Leia. I believe there is even some dialogue of Carth insulting Bastilla with 'princess' or something.

The only reason Vader was the second-most powerful Sith in the galaxy was because he composed 50% of all Sith during that time.

True. Beating the Jedi into Oblivion was just luck ;)

Expanded Universe? Really? The Prequel Trilogy is given a lot of (undeserved) flak, but Expanded Universe...

It's canon, true, but not to my liking. Really not a good resolution to the dramatic plot of Episodes 1-6.

Agreed. Like the moves better as well, but I took EU material here for sake of argument, since Kotor is considered EU as well.

• 2 weeks later...
I should have explained myself better. I meant the role the crew members had. Bastilla somewhat took the place of Leia. I believe there is even some dialogue of Carth insulting Bastilla with 'princess' or something.

It was Canderous, and he told her that she was a

Spoiled Jedi Princess

Yes, I love it, haha :p

And Carth asked her how did she got

captured bye the Black Vulkars, and then he asked how did the "legendary" jedi bastila lost her ligthsaber, and he started to laugh

And Mission asked her if she used her force powers for some fun, and then she force pushed Mission, with her replying: "Hey, That wasn't funny!"

Bastila is very arrogant =)

In my personal opinion KotOR and TSL are more like the OT than the PT is, why? because of the ebon hawk. there is no millenium falcon in the PT, there is no band of heroes working together for a goal. KotOR TSL and OT have that but PT just has a couple aspects of the OT. the droids, and well the droids is really one of the only similarities that i can think the three have in common.

TSL and the OT have a jedi mentor, PT not so much, obi wan is there but not really teaching anakin very much. thats why i only watch the OT and play the kotor games. i dislike episodes 1-3. they dont feel very star wars-ish

Does anyone here know why Vader was able to use Force choke, but not Force lightning with his mechanical arms? Think about it before answering.

There are about 1.013 threads about the subject, but this is the official theory (Wookieepedia):

It should be noted that Darth Vader, despite being a powerful Sith Lord, was unable to generate or deflect Force lightning. This was due to his cybernetic implants, and any attempt by Vader to generate it would cause it to backfire, electrocuting his life-support systems, causing it to short-circuit and kill him. This is ultimately how he was killed, as his act of redemption in saving his son caused him to be bombarded with the Emperor's lightning.

Archived