Home

Superbowl XLIII Megathread

Da_man

There's a reason Kurt Warner doesn't earn money for tackling people.

heh, That reminds me of something I saw on NFL Films a while back. They were talking about who made better tacklers: quarterbacks or kickers. It was a pretty fun segment. They showed a bunch of clips of quarterbacks and kickers trying to make tackles.

My favourite part was a quote from Steve Young. He said "I think quarterbacks tackle better because it's usually our fault." (paraphrased)

Just thought I would share because why not.

TBH I've seen a couple of Big Ben tackles, and they've usually been pretty good when he's gotten in there.

Of course, he's a bit larger than some other QBs, so...

_EW_

It always amazes me how he eludes tackles because when he scrambles he looks like he's treading molasses.

Besides the result, the one thing that bugged me was the reffing and some of the calls. And really, all day monday on the ESPN/TSN, they were talking about some calls. Obviously, the final Cardinals play was one the everybody was talking about and there were a few others. Though, one call they should've made was after Holmes scored the TD, Holmes used the ball as a prop with his celebration. Personally, I think he should've gotten a penalty flag. Therefore, the Cardinals would've had better position on the field, ergo probably scoring and winning the game. :carms:

Or maybe I'm just being a sore loser. :p

1. Are you talking about the fumble at the end? If so, it didn't really matter at that point, the Cards were already braindead and we were pulling the plug.

2. At least the Steelers are going to be remembered. The Cardinals are just going to fade away in people's memories.

_EW_

1. A lot can happen in 15 seconds, but yeah I know that the game was pretty much over. ;)

2. Yes, the Steelers are going to be remembered exactly the way that I described them. :xp:

Not like it really matters though....:/

Archived