Home

Superbowl XLIII Megathread

Da_man

The Superbowl MEGATHREAD, for anything related to Superbowl XLIII (43)

Pregame: Didn't see much of it, but I did see the Faith Hill person (whoever she is) sing the National Anthem with a huge, 50-60 person choir supporting her. The sound was down so I didn't hear her actually sing it, but it looked neat. I did hear the American Idol person, whose name slips my mind, sing the national anthem AGAIN, which was very good in my opinion.

i did see Kurt Warner get NFL person of the year, which was neat, even if the Cards lost. :(

The Game:

HOLY CRAP

As a casual Cardinals fan, I thought the Cards were actually going to win it. But the Steelers managed to pull off a touchdown in the last 45 seconds, and then stall the game for the next 30 seconds.

I also thought there were an inordinate amount of penalties called on the Cardinals. But I could also see where they happened, but there were some I saw on the Steelers side that didn't called.

Half-Time Show:

Not a big fan of John MellencampBruce Springsteen, but it didn't seem all that it was hyped up to be. Sure there was a lot of fireworks, but for a guy whose used to singing for 4 hours a show, John seemed out of breath by the second song. didn't really dig the a black stuff the band wore, but eh, whatever.

Other:

There were some really funny commercials in between that made me laugh, such as:

Carrerbuilder.com

NBC LMAO Commercial

Doritos

Sorry crappy quality, it was the only one i could find.

Also, the Transformers 2 preview looked pretty neat, even if it was nothing but eye candy.

The new Star Trek and Fast and Furious previews also looked awesome, especially Star Trek.

Pregame: Didn't see much of it, but I did see the Faith Hill person (whoever she is) sing the National Anthem with a huge, 50-60 person choir supporting her.

Pretty sure she sang America the Beautiful, but nice try.

As a casual Cardinals fan, I thought the Cards were actually going to win it.

They were favored to lose by 6.5, and you had to expect that the AFC team would win, just because of the division.

I also thought there were an inordinate amount of penalties called on the Cardinals. But I could also see where they happened, but there were some I saw on the Steelers side that didn't called.

Not really, I mean, there were a bunch of penalties on Arizona, but they committed like 6 personal fouls and they deserved it. There was nothing too controversial that I could see and the Arizona challenges were fair.

Not a big fan of John Mellencamp, but it didn't seem all that it was hyped up to be. Sure there was a lot of fireworks, but for a guy whose used to singing for 4 hours a show, John seemed out of breath by the second song. didn't really dig the a black stuff the band wore, but eh, whatever.

:confused: What the hell are you talking about? It was Bruce Springsteen - he sang "Born to Run" and "Glory Days."

Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Steelers - one of my favorite teams and now the most successful franchise in terms of super bowl wins in history! :D

_EW_

Not a big fan of John Mellencamp[/Quote] I weep for today's youth. :xp:

I will say one thing about that Mellencamp fella, does one hell of an impersonation of The Boss. :D

@Da_man at least you did not butcher the spelling of impersonation when trying to make a joke.

I expected the Steelers to blow out the Cardinals. The fact that the Cardinals were ahead at the two minute warning really surprised me. If the Cardinals hadn't given up so many yards with idiot penalties, they might have won it. On the other hand, the Steelers had some truly bonehead penalties too, and probably could have put the game to bed early if they hadn't had those. In that respect the game wasn't as clean as it could have been.

That being said, there were some spectacular catches by both teams in this game. It made it a far more enjoyable game than I expected.

**** the Steelers.

Hate to say I told you so :D

one day, just one day, you'll get your shot to gloat.....

...perhaps when the NFL finally loses all popularity and permanently disappears. then, just maybe, you Ohio boys will have your day in the sun...

until then: GO STEELERS!!!

Damn straight!

_EW_

Larry Fitzgerald is probably the best wide receiver in the game today, but Santonio Holmes was obviously doing his Fitz impression in the last two minutes of the game. I was rooting for the Cards because I thought it would be lulzy if they won. Lo and behold they actually gave us a game in the second half. Too bad the Cardinal defense never showed up when it mattered.

Also, Da_man seriously needs lessons in basic music. "America the Beautiful" # "The Star-Spangled Banner".

Larry Fitzgerald is probably the best wide receiver in the game today.

Too bad that he got so few passes.

And I just realized that the 100 yd Touchdown interception play made the whole Cards offense look like idiots. Sure they managed to tackle the guy (was it Holmes who caught it?) at the one yard line, but he managed to past everyone else. And that is considering he caught it in front of everyone. I will give the Steelers props for protecting the guy.

Also, Da_man seriously needs lessons in basic music. "America the Beautiful" # "The Star-Spangled Banner".

The TV was muted at the time.

Too bad that he got so few passes.

Did you even watch the game? Fitzgerald finished with 7 catches, 127 yards receiving and two TDs.

And I just realized that the 100 yd Touchdown interception play made the whole Cards offense look like idiots.

Well, yeah. There's a reason they don't play defense.

Sure they managed to tackle the guy (was it Holmes who caught it?)

What would Santonio Holmes, a wide receiver, be doing playing defense, much less intercepting a pass? Linebacker James Harrison intercepted the ball.

Did you even watch the game? Fitzgerald finished with 7 catches, 127 yards receiving and two TDs.

I saw most of the 2nd half, and all of the first half. He made the one TD in the first half. That Breaston guy made a whole lot more passes. I didn't know who made the second TD, I heard it on the radio.

They could have at least stopped him before the endzone. I saw Kurt Warner get a hand on him at some point. That was all I saw before the two guys stopped him at the endzone.

What would Santonio Holmes, a wide receiver, be doing playing defense, much less intercepting a pass? Linebacker James Harrison intercepted the ball.

I am retarded

santsmil

I saw most of the 2nd half, and all of the first half. He made the one TD in the first half. That Breaston guy made a whole lot more passes. I didn't know who made the second TD, I heard it on the radio.

yeahbo2.jpg

Only Anquan Boldin caught more passes for the Cardinals than Larry Fitzgerald and nobody had more yards receiving or touchdowns as Fitzgerald. You sure you were paying attention?

They could have at least stopped him before the endzone. I saw Kurt Warner get a hand on him at some point. That was all I saw before the two guys stopped him at the endzone.

There's a reason Kurt Warner doesn't earn money for tackling people.

santsmil

I know >.<

**** the Steelers.

QFT!

Should have been an incomplete pass, rather than a fumble, on Kurt Warner. Really entertaining game though, complete with a funny episode of The Office right after. :D

Steelers were just playing really rough, and they kicked the Cards when they were down on several occasions. Thats not something that I would want to be remembered by, if I was in the Super Bowl. :tsk:

QFT!

Should have been an incomplete pass, rather than a fumble, on Kurt Warner. Really entertaining game though, complete with a funny episode of The Office right after. :D

Steelers were just playing really rough, and they kicked the Cards when they were down on several occasions. Thats not something that I would want to be remembered by, if I was in the Super Bowl. :tsk:

1. Are you talking about the fumble at the end? If so, it didn't really matter at that point, the Cards were already braindead and we were pulling the plug.

2. At least the Steelers are going to be remembered. The Cardinals are just going to fade away in people's memories.

_EW_

Archived