Home

Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Is there any way to get the Republic Commando Uniform ?

You heard about the non-canon footlocker? Heres what you do to get to it:

Beat the main storyline. After Channa leaves with Kobayashi and Mec H'anic, there should be a body in the cliff area where Solomon's corpse was buried. Search that body, and there is an item called the non-canon key

Go to the Residential level, and find the drunk miner in the back of the room (in the room with 3 other miners)

He says something about hating to lose pazzak 3 times in a row. Thats your cue. Play and beat him 3 times in a row. He gets angry, and then leaves the room.

Follow him to the previously locked door, (with the protocol droid near it, or where it was) and watch as he collapses. Open the footlocker, and you'll get 4 items: one of which is the Republic Commando helmet.

I can't remember if I'm right, but go talk to Administrator Decan, and he'll want you to do something. He'll want you to do some extra jobs, which means getting rid of people who are making Dreshade (or however you spell it) deteriorate. After each assassination, Decan will award you with a new item. I believe one of the items its the republic commando armor.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, the Commando Armor uses the Soldier default clothing model and therefore can't be obtained without doing a little modding of one's own. ;)

Ah, ok. Its been a bit since I've gone into K1 in a bit, and when I did, I didn't bother to look at all my shiny new stuff.

Actually, the Commando Armor uses the Soldier default clothing model and therefore can't be obtained without doing a little modding of one's own. ;)

Thought of that too. That's why I said if it's possible, and I was affraid you'd say that. Anyway, f-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c mod !!!

P.S.: And thanks for the tips, guys...

And now that I've been playing KotOR after finishing BOS:SR, I had a problem during the GenoHaradan quest, the one about Ithorak. If I meet with his aide, Senni Vek in the Hangar corridor he had to appear with a security droid. Well, what I see is that the droid appears but not Vek. You can hear his voice and then the game crashes. I ran the game in a Override copy I made before installing BOS:SR and it worked fine. That happens also when you face Ithorak at the Hangar; Senni Vek is not there. This didn't happened when you meet him the first time in Anchorhead and in Manaan's swoop place.

I've had the exact same problem. Only the droid appears, you hear vek speak and the game crashes.

After the patch is released whenever, I think I'll do a playthrough of the mod and post the videos over on YouTube (I'm actually surprised no one did that until now). Do I have your ok on that, Silver?

Still haven't played through all the mod yet cuz I'm waiting for the patch (I happen to like bug-free playthroughs). Yet, from everything I've read, the mod must be, in the words of a critic:

"...absolutely sublime, from start to finish..."

Can't wait for the patch man, but there's no need to rush it. Take your time! RL comes first, of course.

As opposed to those who love bug riddled games?

The mod was completely bug free when I played it. I played the pre packaged save.

Well, from what I've read here, it seems there's a pretty good amount of bugs.

Regardless, I may or may not end up doing the playthrough without the patch (gotta format my PC first, then start a new playthrough).

Also, I'd like to have Silveredge9's ok before attempting anything.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
when i am Shadow abourd on the Orion when she is sortly after the death of Revan, then the republic will raid the ship, after Deamon Drexil (or something like that, it is the captian fo the Orion) will say But if i dont gues it wrong we are in for a wild fight (or something like that) then when i go to the starboard section to fight the screen goes black, i hear only blaster shots and i cant do anything, but when i load the auto-save i get there but i see some republic sodliers saying "in the name of the republic, surrender" then 3 aliens and after the rodian says kill! die! kill!die!Republic! the game falls out and i get a message wich says that and error has ocurred and that Sw Kotor has been closed.

What must i do? Can please someone help me out?

Please help the mod maker out and use spoiler or hidden tags when talking about plot points, as was requested by him. -RH

need more info? do you have any other mods installed if so try uninstalling them, and do a clean install. if you dont try reloading from the last save point such as before you go to the starboard section. screen goes black, reload save point should work from there. this is a know bug that silver is in the process of fixing.

That's good. Is it going to be a whole new version of the BOS:SR or is it going to be just the files that are affected?

it will more than likely be just a file that will fix the glitches that happening throughout.

No double posting, if you have the last post in the thread then edit that post to add information/content, and if quoting multiple people then use the multi-quote function. Thanks. -RH

Sorry Red, will watch that next time.

need more info? do you have any other mods installed if so try uninstalling them, and do a clean install. if you dont try reloading from the last save point such as before you go to the starboard section. screen goes black, reload save point should work from there. this is a know bug that silver is in the process of fixing.

it will more than likely be just a file that will fix the glitches that happening throughout.

No double posting, if you have the last post in the thread then edit that post to add information/content, and if quoting multiple people then use the multi-quote function. Thanks. -RH

Thank you for the help, i shall try to do that and i hope that it will be succesfull then

That's good. Is it going to be a whole new version of the BOS:SR or is it going to be just the files that are affected?
Just the files which are affected. A patch.

I've had the exact same problem. Only the droid appears, you hear vek speak and the game crashes.
I can't see how BoS:SR would be causing this issue. It modifies no files associated with that quest.

After the patch is released whenever, I think I'll do a playthrough of the mod and post the videos over on YouTube (I'm actually surprised no one did that until now). Do I have your ok on that, Silver?

Still haven't played through all the mod yet cuz I'm waiting for the patch (I happen to like bug-free playthroughs). Yet, from everything I've read, the mod must be, in the words of a critic:

"...absolutely sublime, from start to finish..."

Can't wait for the patch man, but there's no need to rush it. Take your time! RL comes first, of course.

Do what you want. You don't need my permission for anything like that. It's a publicly released mod.

Show spoiler
when i am Shadow abourd on the Orion when she is sortly after the death of Revan, then the republic will raid the ship, after Deamon Drexil (or something like that, it is the captian fo the Orion) will say But if i dont gues it wrong we are in for a wild fight (or something like that) then when i go to the starboard section to fight the screen goes black, i hear only blaster shots and i cant do anything, but when i load the auto-save i get there but i see some republic sodliers saying "in the name of the republic, surrender" then 3 aliens and after the rodian says kill! die! kill!die!Republic! the game falls out and i get a message wich says that and error has ocurred and that Sw Kotor has been closed.

Please help the mod maker out and use spoiler or hidden tags when talking about plot points, as was requested by him. -RH

The issue with the black screen is a known bug, and will be addressed in the forthcoming patch. The crash you mentioned sounds more like an issue relating to Vista's instability with KOTOR on a whole. One of the other members posted a few tips and tricks a few pages back on how to increase stability, so you might want to read that and see if it makes any difference.

Just the files which are affected. A patch.

I can't see how BoS:SR would be causing this issue. It modifies no files associated with that quest.

Do what you want. You don't need my permission for anything like that. It's a publicly released mod.

The issue with the black screen is a known bug, and will be addressed in the forthcoming patch. The crash you mentioned sounds more like an issue relating to Vista's instability with KOTOR on a whole. One of the other members posted a few tips and tricks a few pages back on how to increase stability, so you might want to read that and see if it makes any difference.

I have re-installed my kotor and then the mod, i hadnt a issue until i reach that there is a crewmember of the orion captured and then the game crashes, well maybe i will try to install the mod on my father computer, it is a windows xp, maybe it will work then correctly, by the way, as far as i have got, it is the best mod ever made!

Does BoS increases the amount of XP required for level ups?

I installed the mod and i noticed that my lv2 required XP increased from 1000 to 3000, since the mod does not say anything about XP values increased and i have a bunch of mods installed aswell, could anyone confirm if the mod indeed increases the values?

Does BoS increases the amount of XP required for level ups?

I installed the mod and i noticed that my lv2 required XP increased from 1000 to 3000, since the mod does not say anything about XP values increased and i have a bunch of mods installed aswell, could anyone confirm if the mod indeed increases the values?

Really ? I didn't notice that ! Anyway, what kind of mods you have installed except of this ?

Really ? I didn't notice that ! Anyway, what kind of mods you have installed except of this ?

Sorry, my bad. Actually i was testing some mods using the savegame editor and i forgot that i had level up my character to lv2 in the editor.

I just started a new game and all was fine.

I am just about finished with this mod, and I ran into a problem.

Show spoiler
When I get done in the wastes, and am returning to Dreshdae, once I am in the ancient cave, I can't get into the temple to return to Dreshdae.
Am I seriously off my rocker here? What have I missed? Great mod by the way.

Show spoiler
When I get done in the wastes, and am returning to Dreshdae, once I am in the ancient cave, I can't get into the temple to return to Dreshdae.

I have the same problem. I don't have any other mods installed.

By the way, fabulous job on the mod. This is an impressive feat.

Show spoiler
Show spoiler
To return to Dreshdae from the point where the story ends you would need to take the left tunnel into the large area where Shadow, Kobayashi, and Mec Han'ic left, exit that area into the first Korriban Wastes area, and then back through the Mining Tunnels.

Just a quick thing. I believe I asked this before but never got a way to fix it. There are two mods that I know of that change the Star Forge Robes and Darth Revan's Robes. This is one of them. As many know this mod changes them to look like Darth Revan's cut scene robe. I was wondering if there was a way to not make this happen so they remain the the default ones that came with the game. After I will alter the appropriate files so that the right item (In my opinion) makes you look like Darth Revan in the cut scene. If this would require a fresh reinstall of KotOR, I am fine with that.

Just a quick question...

Show spoiler
I added akirakon sins robes or w/e to my inventory with the KSE, and when i equip them it just shows the default soldier clothing. Is this supposed to happen or not??

Archived