Home

E3 2009

IG-64

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hahahaha you must be the first person I've ever seen who thinks UT2004 killed UT2003.

Back when UT2003 came out, I had no monies. So when UT2004 came out I had no money to buy it. So yes, to me UT2003 was killed by UT2004.

If I recall, UT2003 wasn't that good to begin with.

And Valve have admitted Left 4 Dead isn't the game they wanted to make either, so I think the comparison still applies.

Anyway, back to the rest of E3:

Nintendo haven't exactly wowed me with their announcements. The Conduit looks to be the only one of interest, and even that is not a pre-order game for me. Definitely a wait for review/s.

I also fail to see exactly what this motion thingy MS have come up with is going to be used for. Like the surface PC, they have come up with an interface with no real application.

I loved the trailer for The Old Republic, looked far better than the Clone Wars CGI series. though to me it looked far to prequel era to be set that far in the past, has nothing changed in that galaxy for thousands of years?

Wait. Wait. Wait. You found CoD4 to be just another FPS with nothing innovating/renovating, and then turn right around and say you're pumped for Halo 3: ODST, which correct me if I'm wrong here, is a spinoff of a typical FPS with nothing innovating/renovating which is just as much of a typical FPS with nothing innovating/renovating.

Congratulations, my brain popped.

I disagree, in part, because I thoroughly enjoy the Halo storyline, and the books are amazing.

Plus, playing Halo in a "stealthier" manner, with squads, without being a super-soldier, is renovating. I don't tend to play squad-based, stealthier FPSs, and the Rainbow Six series never interested me too much. The only squad-based game I ever really played and enjoyed was SWRC. Damn you LucasArts, for becoming a ****ty company that won't make sequels to your actual good games.

I found CoD 4 to be like every other CoD. You couldn't even use vehicles in MP, for crying out loud, and the MP maps sucked (WAY too small). I'm also a huge Battlefield fan, so CoD 4 always seemed like a lame, arcadish, version of Battlefield.

- PR-0927

L4D2 OMG i want this game now....LoL. i still own and play the original with friends now and again. I like the "director 2.0" feature that will actually move objects in the levels now as well as horde spawns.

Wait, you "still" play the original? Your phrasing implies that you think it's strange to still be playing a game that's less than 7 months old. I guess attention spans really are getting smaller and smaller.

I'm just hoping that L4D2 will be heavily discounted for people who own L4D. That way, people don't feel like they were tricked into buying a beta for ~$50, but valve doesn't need to underprice the game.

This is so unlike Valve. Why?! Why are they releasing L4D2 already? It's absolutely ridiculous. They're starting to look like EA or something . . .

I wish they'd just focus on releasing HL2:Episode 3 and continue to update and improve L4D instead of releasing a rushed sequel that will make them a quick profit from people like MysticSpade.

That said, the trailer for L4D2 was pretty bad ass.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yeah, I know it's unlikely, but I have a habit of hoping for unlikely things. For example, I'm currently hoping for Republic Commando 2, a non-MMO KOTOR 3, free cookies, and a return to the old style poland spring bottles that weren't so thin that they crush and spray everywhere when you open them.

I wish they'd just focus on releasing HL2:Episode 3 and continue to update and improve L4D instead of releasing a rushed sequel that will make them a quick profit from people like MysticSpade.

I would spend my money on it too so this doesn't offend me....LoL. But i definitely agree about Ep3 i'm surprised they didn't anounce or show anything about it.

plus why spend money when i can get for free :)

Wait, you "still" play the original? Your phrasing implies that you think it's strange to still be playing a game that's less than 7 months old. I guess attention spans really are getting smaller and smaller.

the answer is yes my attention span for games is incredibly short. I played L4D non stop for 3-4 months. My gaming is limited with a 2yr old a 6 month old and a wife, and 50 hour a week job. So my attention span is pretty much shot at this moment in time...LoL

lol @ people complaining for Valve to actually release something in a timely matter. It's like if it doesn't take 5 years of teasing to come out, it's a cheap cash-in. In comparison, I was sorta pissed when Rock Band 2 came out less than a year after the first... but now I laugh at the idea that I should feel cheated.

While you guys were on the internet watching Sony show off the PSP Go, I was in a hotel interviewing Dave Grossman about Tales of Monkey Island. :cool:

I still haven't even gotten a chance to check out everything Microsoft or Sony has shown as I didn't make either of their confs, and was late to Nintendo's. But from what I've seen, Microsoft seemed to have the best. Wasn't that impressed with Nintendo's except for new Metroid, and hearing Iwata give a memorized engrish speech is always fun.

lol @ people complaining for Valve to actually release something in a timely matter. It's like if it doesn't take 5 years of teasing to come out, it's a cheap cash-in. In comparison, I was sorta pissed when Rock Band 2 came out less than a year after the first... but now I laugh at the idea that I should feel cheated.

It has absolutely nothing to do with a game being released in a timely matter. The point is that they should have continued to develop the original as people expected them to do . . . just as they've done with every other major, successful game they've released.

I disagree, in part, because I thoroughly enjoy the Halo storyline, and the books are amazing.

Plus, playing Halo in a "stealthier" manner, with squads, without being a super-soldier, is renovating. I don't tend to play squad-based, stealthier FPSs, and the Rainbow Six series never interested me too much. The only squad-based game I ever really played and enjoyed was SWRC. Damn you LucasArts, for becoming a ****ty company that won't make sequels to your actual good games.

I found CoD 4 to be like every other CoD. You couldn't even use vehicles in MP, for crying out loud, and the MP maps sucked (WAY too small). I'm also a huge Battlefield fan, so CoD 4 always seemed like a lame, arcadish, version of Battlefield.

- PR-0927

I too love the Halo universe, and am a proud owner of all of the Eric Nylund penned books (in fact, The Fall Of Reach is a top 5 book of mine, which I'm sure some of you may find sad but I don't care). However, besides pretty much setting the modern console shooter control standard and being pretty gorgeous for their games times (less on 3 than 1 or 2) they're pretty generic.

As for not being able to use vehicles in CoD4's MP, go play a few rounds of any Tank map of CoD: WaW and you'll see that this was by far one of their best decisions (and I seriously hope IW doesn't put vehicles into MW2 or else I will be a very sad panda).

I too love the Halo universe, and am a proud owner of all of the Eric Nylund penned books (in fact, The Fall Of Reach is a top 5 book of mine, which I'm sure some of you may find sad but I don't care). However, besides pretty much setting the modern console shooter control standard and being pretty gorgeous for their games times (less on 3 than 1 or 2) they're pretty generic.

As for not being able to use vehicles in CoD4's MP, go play a few rounds of any Tank map of CoD: WaW and you'll see that this was by far one of their best decisions (and I seriously hope IW doesn't put vehicles into MW2 or else I will be a very sad panda).

A good book indeed, I own the series as well. I would agree that the second and third games weren't the most renovating (but the third was revolutionary). However, I continued with these games because of my interest in the storyline and love for the first game.

As for CoD's removal of vehicles, I just cannot agree, ever. I am not a fan of balancing most of the time, and prefer a more realistic, tipped battle (makes playing the underdog much more fun and challenging). Being a Battlefield fan, not having vehicles on a battlefield is like not having guns in an FPS for me.

- PR-0927

As for CoD's removal of vehicles, I just cannot agree, ever. I am not a fan of balancing most of the time, and prefer a more realistic, tipped battle (makes playing the underdog much more fun and challenging). Being a Battlefield fan, not having vehicles on a battlefield is like not having guns in an FPS for me.

- PR-0927

Removal? They were never there. Whenever they had vehicles in a Call of Duty game (#3 and WaW), they sucked ass. Battlefield is a game with vehicles, and CoD is a game not meant to have them. I mean, imagine putting vehicles into Counter Strike or Rainbox Six. It's just absurd.

I mean, imagine putting vehicles into Counter Strike or Rainbox Six. It's just absurd.

There are some custom Counterstrike 1.6 maps that have vehicles. Absurd doesn't even begin to describe how utterly ridiculous they are.

While you guys were on the internet watching Sony show off the PSP Go, I was in a hotel interviewing Dave Grossman about Tales of Monkey Island. :cool:

Nice interview!

Removal? They were never there. Whenever they had vehicles in a Call of Duty game (#3 and WaW), they sucked ass. Battlefield is a game with vehicles, and CoD is a game not meant to have them. I mean, imagine putting vehicles into Counter Strike or Rainbox Six. It's just absurd.

There were some in the oft-forgotten original Call of Duty: United Offensives Expansion. Yes, there were not very good.

There are some custom Counterstrike 1.6 maps that have vehicles. Absurd doesn't even begin to describe how utterly ridiculous they are.

Haha. The vehicle script was specifically added for cs_siege and then (thanks to wonderful mappers) we get maps like roadwars where you have to drive some stairs up to a large ladder and then take a magic car to the buy zone.

<3 old CS.

Oh man. Roadwars was awesome.

That magic car was a b!tch, too. If you didn't jump into it from the ladder at just the right time and angle you'd get impaled and either thrown to the ground where you'd die from the fall or smashed into the wall.

Oh, and if I recall correctly there were two magic cars. One lead to the secret room with the buy zone and the other let you to a facefull of cement.

Archived