Home

V.I.P.

Welcome to Varsity's In Progress... yeah, I had to be different and use a V instead of a W. This is where I'll be posting screenshots of things I'm working on. This eliminates the need for me to keep track of the various threads. Now I can just check one and see everything.

Imitation Qel-Droma

A pretty simple reskin of the Jedi Council Robes, meant to look like Ulic Qel-Droma's Jedi Robes (according to some google images). I realize the only thing that they have in common is maybe the color scheme, thus the keyword "imitation"

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Robes_3.jpg

shot Courtesy of SkyKing240

Yusanis

Yes, that's right. I did it. I skinned Yusanis. I actually originally had a different head in mind, and then I realized that it looks nothing like the Handmaiden or any of the sisters. The closest I got was the bald caucasian head. I know it's hard to see, but this was a TON of meticulous work to get this done right, so you'd better enjoy it!

Show spoiler
Yusanis_9.jpg

shot courtesy of SkyKing240

Echani Saedhe

This is not the traditional Saedhe on Dantooine. Browsing the heads.2da file, I managed to find a head called N_Saedhe and I said "Oh hey!" I looked up the skin, and it look an awful lot like Carth. Using a mixture of the two, I managed to Echani-ify his head, and the result was this. This was my original choice as Yusanis, but.. he didn't look much like any of the Handmaidens.

Show spoiler
Old_man_3.jpg

shot courtesy of SkyKing240

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PMHC08

I got a request for a reskin of Dustil Onasi, so I figured, eh, why not? The biggy is that I gave him a soul patch... Woo! If you look closer, you'll notice alot of other subtle changes. DS transitions are made, but not shown, and the portraits are apparently concept art. After I fix up some patcher issues, It'll be released for k1 and TSL.

Update. A Darkside Shot

Show spoiler
Dstil.jpg

Note: Head "model" is not used in this mod

Show spoiler
dustil.png

Show spoiler
dustil2.png

Screenshots courtesy of ironheart

PMHC08

I got a request for a reskin of Dustil Onasi, so I figured, eh, why not? The biggy is that I gave him a soul patch... Woo! If you look closer, you'll notice alot of other subtle changes. DS transitions are made, but not shown, and the portraits are apparently concept art. After I fix up some patcher issues, It'll be released for k1 and TSL.

Show spoiler
dustil.png

Show spoiler
dustil2.png

Screenshots courtesy of ironheart

I don't want to throw you out, but your head model looks familiar:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/New_Dustil_Onasi_Head;80346

@ Lucied

Yeah, see I WOULD provide close-ups, but my main setback is that I have and mod the xbox version. I haven't figured out how to take screenshots yet. I've been stuck giving out mods to random people and having them take screenshots for me. Not a very reliable system. As soon as I figure out how to take my own shots, then there'll be a monsoon of them.

@ Lord Spartan: I just reskinned the head--The in-game head. My screenshotter may have been using that mod, but that is not my issue.

@ Lucied

Yeah, see I WOULD provide close-ups, but my main setback is that I have and mod the xbox version. I haven't figured out how to take screenshots yet. I've been stuck giving out mods to random people and having them take screenshots for me. Not a very reliable system. As soon as I figure out how to take my own shots, then there'll be a monsoon of them.

Well if youd like you can pm the skins to one of us PC users and we can take photos for you

@ Lord Spartan: I just reskinned the head--The in-game head. My screenshotter may have been using that mod, but that is not my issue.

Yeah, I think that would be my bad. Fairly certain I've got that head in my override folder. I forgot about it, heh.

It looks like there's no harm done here.

@ ironheart: you should retake those pics with the in game model to make sure there's no confusion.

<snipped>

I would never knowingly use any other modders work without prior permission. I might try to replace mods, but it would of course be with my own work.

BLONDE PFHH01

I noticed alot of people like to reskin this head. I figured I should as well. Obviously, the first thing to do is to get rid of her annoying tan (or maybe it's naturally dark skin, she is hispanic.) and then just to show off, I thought I should give her blonde hair. There aren't enough blondes in k2.

Show spoiler
Blonde.jpg

Yes, that is the xbox version.

Show spoiler
Blonde.jpg

...so what you basically did was make PFHH01 into PFHC06 with a less believable skin tone?

(or maybe it's naturally dark skin, she is Hispanic.)

people of Hispanic descent usually have darker than Caucasian skin (but lighter than African American)

@ Trigger God: Basically yes. I was going to make a blonde reskin from scratch, but then I noticed that the two skins were somewhat similar. Whatever works.

Less believable? Your words hurt me. I'm not sure how it's... unbelievable. But what do you suggest I do to remedy this?

@ Darth Cryptic: Mmk, just waiting on screenshots from you.

Less believable? Your words hurt me. I'm not sure how it's... unbelievable. But what do you suggest I do to remedy this?

Its just that your skintone reminds me of the skintone that my Anakin skin had for a lot of the time it sat, gathering dust on my HD. Its looks white, but it looks kinda pale, like he hasn't been in the sun for a long time. What I did to fix my skin tone was adjust some of the levels, and than use color balance to make the skin slightly more 'tan-ish'

EDIT: It also kinda reminds me of Brianna's pale skin.

Its just that your skintone reminds me of the skintone that my Anakin skin had for a lot of the time it sat, gathering dust on my HD. Its looks white, but it looks kinda pale, like he hasn't been in the sun for a long time. What I did to fix my skin tone was adjust some of the levels, and than use color balance to make the skin slightly more 'tan-ish'

EDIT: It also kinda reminds me of Brianna's pale skin.

Ah, I see your point now. If you ever saw my PFHC06 reskin, I changed the skin tone to match briannas, but of course the hair was also white (to match Atris).

I suppose I could make it slightly more radiant, but I want to avoid tans as much as possible. It reminds me too much of the super tan fake blondes around here. It's not real fitting for Minnesota...

• 1 month later...

Not a particularly needed update, but I'm bored and this is certainly something to do.

I worked on my dormant Echani Saedhe skin. It' basically Carth without those dangling hairs.

That goatee is pissing me off. Once I fix it though, then the rest is easy. As usual, I'm sure the eyebrows need more texture.

Show spoiler
Saedhe1.jpg

Incidentally, I happened to reskin my infamous Tainted Jedi Robes. Apparently, the previous ones weren't so hot, so I tried a less feces-looking approach.

Show spoiler
Taint2.jpg

If you like 'em, I'll quickly pack them up in a zip and release them. An expanded Taintpool mod is not likely to happen for a number of reasons: The greatest of which being "I don't really care" and other being that influence and alignment are too intertwined to do anything short of completely rewriting the whole damn system.

Last, but not least, the few of you who are looking forward to the TSL: FFM, here's the first 3 powers I managed to make. Betas will come out when I feel like it (and when I manage to release a couple of more powers, thus making putting together a beta somewhat worth it :p)

Enflame:

Show spoiler
Enflame1.jpg

Combust:

Show spoiler
Combust1.jpg

Destroy:

Show spoiler
Destroy1.jpg

Destroy2.jpg

Yep, that's it

Seeing as how I'm really bored nowadays, I may re-enter super modding state for awhile to get some things off my mind. Stay tuned for updates.

• 3 weeks later...

Am I the only one that enjoys my thread being updated? lol

One of these days I'll release all the random skins that have been rotting in my WIP folder

Here's one of them, formerly known as the Yusanis skin.. now it's just an unnamed echani skin.

Show spoiler
Yus1.jpg

Oh yes, the open scars are optional.

Yus2.jpg

Expect a release in the next few days. I just need to fix some details.

Just noticed this.... always nice to see another Minnesotan on these forums!

I like the new tainted robes as well as the new Echani face... And, yes, the super-freaky-tanned-blondes around here scare me... why can't they learn that orange is not a natural skin tone!

UGH I know. Stupid orangies... Glad you like the skins :D

Archived