Home

V.I.P.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I've re-skinned that head before, and she has a very African facial structure. It works great for what I was doing (a Mirialan), but for Atris/Alba, you'd want to make her look more Caucasian. To help, you might want to move the profile of the mouth (probably the teeth as well) further to the back; almost vertically in-line with the eyebrow ridge.

Your advice is quickly becoming invaluable here, redrob! Thanks so much!

I'm a little too busy, I'm afraid. I've been re-skinning new playable heads for RoR.

I understand :).

He doesn't look menacing/powerful/masculine enough. I think you need to square out the jaw line and chin a bit. I think that Adrian Pasdar would make a good example of what Exar Kun looked like in the comics (especially Dark Lords of the Sith #2).

I completely agree! He needs to be much more masculine, and so far I've been kind of editing blindly. This Adrian Pasdar guy will help alot.

woah, that Exar Kun is perfect! great job on that.

Thanks, but as redrob said, he has to be masculine, menacing.

I agree that it looks pretty good now, but I would say, for lack of a better term, a bit "pointy" around parts of the chin and nose if you know what I mean. Also make sure you define the nostrils because they fade into his cheeks the way you have them now.

But hey, your goal was to make him look younger and you definitely did that.

What I don't like about-it is the differenciation of colors "inside" his nose. Not sure if you'll understand what I mean, but the way it's black inside of it doesn't feel natural. Not the actual color, just the shape of the black area.

The base skin of the head (n_dopakH) is still mostly intact, so it's going to look a little strange at first... or well until I make the official Exar Kun skin for the head.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, scratch the Exar Kun Head.. for a number of reasons:

I just found out that I chose the wrong head to implement a scar on.... that and it was turning out to be kind of bad anyways.

Anyways, If you haven't seen it already, I have started up the casual "Ultimate Head Mod" which will basically a new head for every named human in the game.

On a side note though, I am working on some fun little mods for myself.

For those of you who know who Buckethead is, this should be a treat:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Buckethead.jpg

Alright, please someone tell me this is not awesome!

Show spoiler

K1robewithcloak.jpg

It's only natural to start putting robes on various other models now!

Looks a little rough, but...good god how in the hell did you manage that? Might want the robes(cloak, whatever it is), to be a bit darker for that texture. You've probably thought of that already, however...

Don't like the old dark Jedi robes eh? Oh well, I can't release this mod anyways, hell I'm even taking a chance showing this because the model is halfway ported (I modified the hell out of PMBIL in K1) but the texture.. well yeah.

Oh and the model is rough yes, but that's because I haven't bothered to fix any verts yet.

Could you (theoretically) pull the cape and belt off the Revan model and add one of those robes over it? If you did' date=' you would be my hero.[/quote']

Theoretically speaking, yes.

EDIT: Oh, by the way, I do have something absolutely awesome in store for you guys... assuming it works anyways.

Eh, well things don't always go so well. Ultimately, it didn't work incredibly well in this case, but maybe someone can be inspired by my progress in this area.

Anyways, a hood:

Show spoiler
hood.jpg

If you'll notice, the hood is nicely attached to the robe body. Take this concept a little further and it might be possible to make a more advanced hood mod.

The main problem with this comes with using mdlops: you compile a model, you need the original source model, and if you've added any bones... well, it's just not going to animate those bones at all... :( We shall find a workaround.

Anywho, I will begin working on a tutorial on how to do this. I'll probably put a robe on a standard body model or something.

Welcome to Varsity's In Progress... yeah, I had to be different and use a V instead of a W. This is where I'll be posting screenshots of things I'm working on. This eliminates the need for me to keep track of the various threads. Now I can just check one and see everything.

Imitation Qel-Droma

A pretty simple reskin of the Jedi Council Robes, meant to look like Ulic Qel-Droma's Jedi Robes (according to some google images). I realize the only thing that they have in common is maybe the color scheme, thus the keyword "imitation"

Show spoiler
Robes_3.jpg

shot Courtesy of SkyKing240

Yusanis

Yes, that's right. I did it. I skinned Yusanis. I actually originally had a different head in mind, and then I realized that it looks nothing like the Handmaiden or any of the sisters. The closest I got was the bald caucasian head. I know it's hard to see, but this was a TON of meticulous work to get this done right, so you'd better enjoy it!

Show spoiler
Yusanis_9.jpg

shot courtesy of SkyKing240

Echani Saedhe

This is not the traditional Saedhe on Dantooine. Browsing the heads.2da file, I managed to find a head called N_Saedhe and I said "Oh hey!" I looked up the skin, and it look an awful lot like Carth. Using a mixture of the two, I managed to Echani-ify his head, and the result was this. This was my original choice as Yusanis, but.. he didn't look much like any of the Handmaidens.

Show spoiler
Old_man_3.jpg

shot courtesy of SkyKing240

Are these for Kotor 1 or 2

Show spoiler

K1robewithcloak.jpg

That is awesome. How did I miss this post?

So, time to up the ante: would it be possible to add the long robe and right sleeve to Bao-Dur's standard clothes model?

Show spoiler

K1robewithcloak.jpg

That is very awesome, great work VP!

It also causes me to ask a very important question... Would you be able to combine SithSpectres flowing cape in K1, with the K1 robes, so we could finally have proper robes in K1? I ask as I was going to work on a Force Fashion for K1, but haven't really found a model I'm happy with....

Archived