Home

V.I.P.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sweet! Are they going to spawn as enemies in the finished product?

Yes and No. The Sithspawns are supposed to spawn as your combat helpers, but for balancing they may suffer "mutations" as I put it where they have low health, low strength or are just generally insane and will attack anyone.

The higher tier will have less mutations and if you have Beast Trick/Control, they will also be less likely to be insane.

• 4 months later...

Back again with a few updates on my modding activities:

As of now, the Creepy Fashion Merchant mod is decidedly DEAD.

This is primarily because the dialog I was making for him just got waaaay too complicated. The skins are still existent though, but I'm not sure what to do with them. A mod may be in store but I don't have the energy nor patience to produce enough of a variety of skins to make an actual good skin mod.

So that ship has sailed. Sad, but that's how it goes.

On the bright side, this gives me more time to focus on my strength (scripting) and I can concurrently take on and create more exciting and riveting projects.

The Sith Lords: Full Force Mod

That's right! An update to the FMM! No mod is perfect when released, so of course bug fixes are due!

I'd also like to mention that TSLFFM 2 is in the works... but seriously, do not expect it anytime soon. We do have a lot of ideas for powers, but I'm nowhere near scripting most of them.

To give you an idea of what you can expect, I'll give you this screenshot for you to deduce:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
ffm2.jpg

An Actual Ending Mod

For you regulars over at deadlystream, you may have come across a Malachor Mod with my name attached to it. This is true: myself and many colleagues have been bickering back and forth on just how to create an ending for TSL. Progress is slow so far, but that's probably because I've been busy helping Stoney with the HK Factory. Here's some teaser shots for y'all:

Show spoiler
mV1.jpg

mV2.jpg

The HK Factory

That's right: I'm the man with the plan.. for the cut sidequest: The HK Factory.

All I can say at this moment is that I'm helping Stoney out who's got himself wrapped up with tons of other work. If you have any prior knowledge of the HK factory and want to have your ideas heard, this could be one of those places.

Anyways, that's your update for now.

Show spoiler

hk1.jpg

The HK Factory

That's right: I'm the man with the plan.. for the cut sidequest: The HK Factory.

All I can say at this moment is that I'm helping Stoney out who's got himself wrapped up with tons of other work. If you have any prior knowledge of the HK factory and want to have your ideas heard, this could be one of those places.

Anyways, that's your update for now.

Show spoiler

hk1.jpg

Only knowledge I have of it, would be the general storyline. Which is slightly convoluted, in the sense that it isn't all that clear on how to get the outcome you want. Perhaps making this slightly easier would improve it(or at least make it a little clearer on the way to get each ending)?

Only knowledge I have of it, would be the general storyline. Which is slightly convoluted, in the sense that it isn't all that clear on how to get the outcome you want. Perhaps making this slightly easier would improve it(or at least make it a little clearer on the way to get each ending)?

Oh yes, it is convoluted indeed. After looking through the source files, it's no wonder that they cut the whole quest: it's incomplete and certainly difficult to put together.

But, I've discussed this with Stoney. I do feel that the factory is building toward a distinct "choice-->outcome" ending. The choices before you are much clearer now.

• 1 month later...

Time for a random update.

TSLRCM HK factory

Is done and out of my hands. Mark this: a whole 2 months to get those 2 modules finished. Let's be fair though: it's my first larger scale mod. Look for it in version 1.5, whenever that comes out.

Holy crap! Xbox model editing?

VP scores another point for Team Xbox, as he cracks problems that have already been cracked on PC... for the XBOX! I know, not all that exciting, but I'm quite proud of myself.

Here's a fixed Kreia model

Show spoiler
kreia_fix.jpg

The one on the left is the fixed one, compared to the original "green tinted" Kreia

and here's some different saber colors I've been playing around with. Nothing particularly new, but c'mon, lightsabers are always cool. Plus, these are kind of two-toned... take a look at the pictures to see what I mean.

Show spoiler
pink.jpg

light_green.jpg

orange.jpg

and last, but not least:

The Handmaiden's Sister

There is a head in-game that is distinctly specified as n_Handsis (or something of that sort). It is basically the same head as the short-haired blonde from K1. Now for some strange reason, I've not seen any mod which restores this head, so I'm taking it upon myself to do it. It seems like something any restoration project would implement, but I've not seen it done really anywhere before.

Show spoiler
handsis.jpg

That Malachor Ending mod

It's still a work in progress. We've nearly finished the first module... which happens to be one of the two new modules. We still have... oh about 7 to go.

Time for a random update.

TSLRCM HK factory

Is done and out of my hands. Mark this: a whole 2 months to get those 2 modules finished. Let's be fair though: it's my first larger scale mod. Look for it in version 1.5, whenever that comes out.

Excellent work, mate! I sense that 1.5 is due to release very soon....

Holy crap! Xbox model editing?

VP scores another point for Team Xbox, as he cracks problems that have already been cracked on PC... for the XBOX! I know, not all that exciting, but I'm quite proud of myself.

Here's a fixed Kreia model

Show spoiler
kreia_fix.jpg

The one on the left is the fixed one, compared to the original "green tinted" Kreia

Actually, considering how big an issue this was, this is very exciting. It means that an XBox release for TSLRCM is very likely to occur, which will make a lot of fans happy.

and here's some different saber colors I've been playing around with. Nothing particularly new, but c'mon, lightsabers are always cool. Plus, these are kind of two-toned... take a look at the pictures to see what I mean.

Show spoiler
pink.jpg

light_green.jpg

orange.jpg

and last, but not least:

The Handmaiden's Sister

There is a head in-game that is distinctly specified as n_Handsis (or something of that sort). It is basically the same head as the short-haired blonde from K1. Now for some strange reason, I've not seen any mod which restores this head, so I'm taking it upon myself to do it. It seems like something any restoration project would implement, but I've not seen it done really anywhere before.

Show spoiler
handsis.jpg

That Malachor Ending mod

It's still a work in progress. We've nearly finished the first module... which happens to be one of the two new modules. We still have... oh about 7 to go.

More awesome stuff, VP! Keep at it! :thmbup1:

• 1 month later...

Well, it's now time for VP's rare updates...

This time, I delve into the world of.. MODEL EDITING!

I've always wanted to edit head models (some of them could be better) and now I've got my chance!

You can expect alot more from where this one came from... and you might start seeing some Star Wars EU look-alikes :o

Anyways, this first one started off as an Atris Duplicate Head project, but then she kinda ended up looking like Jessica Alba... good for a first attempt.

Show spoiler
HEAD1.jpg

HEAD2.jpg

I'll be trying others in due time. On my list are:

Exar Kun - That'll be fun

Vima Sunrider - Perhaps as a replacement for Bastila? k1?

Maynard - You know, the guy from Tool?

Visas Unmasked - That's right, I'm gonna do it :p

And Milla Jovovich (Alice from Resident Evil)

There are going to be some very attractive people waltzing around your kotor screens!

Don't worry, the Malachor Mod is still underway too. We've been taking a bit of a break on it, but we'll start up again soon.

Anyways, this first one started off as an Atris Duplicate Head project, but then she kinda ended up looking like Jessica Alba... good for a first attempt.

Show spoiler
HEAD1.jpg

HEAD2.jpg

If you're going for a Jessica Alba look, you might want to make the nostrils smaller, and the base of the nose a little narrower. IMO, the "outside wings" shouldn't be wider than the distance between the eyes (the point of the tear ducts). You might also want to work on the cupid's bow part of the lip (the middle of the upper lip) so that it isn't a straight line.

Keep it up :D

If you're going for a Jessica Alba look, you might want to make the nostrils smaller, and the base of the nose a little narrower. IMO, the "outside wings" shouldn't be wider than the distance between the eyes (the point of the tear ducts). You might also want to work on the cupid's bow part of the lip (the middle of the upper lip) so that it isn't a straight line.

Keep it up :D

Thanks for the advice redrob! I agree about the nose and the lips... on the original head, they were GIGANTIC. I have yet to decide what I'm going to do with that head exactly though... my original intention was to make an Atris head (for which I think I may have a solution now) but I might as well keep working on that head and fully Jessica Alba-ize it.

Hmm, I also posted an Exar Kun head, but it seems not to be showing up... and of course I don't know where the pictures are XD. I'll try again later.

We'll see how the heads keep coming... would you, redrob, be available to make some good skins? You won't have to start from scratch like the drexl, just some.

Is that the default hair from that model or did you swap it with another? If it's the latter, I've been wondering how to do that myself. Oh, and that looks great - like you said, not Atris but a really good first attempt.

I have not a clue how to combine models together... everything came with that head. I have a few ideas that I want to try to implement, but it's nothing along the lines of standard modeling.

EDIT: Found my Exar Kun pics.

I was going for that sleeker, younger representation of Kun, like in the actual comic, but I'm not quite sure I got it right... I may just redo it from scratch..

Show spoiler
Exar1.jpg

Exar2.jpg

Exar3.jpg

Thanks for the advice redrob! I agree about the nose and the lips... on the original head, they were GIGANTIC.

Yeah, I've re-skinned that head before, and she has a very African facial structure. It works great for what I was doing (a Mirialan), but for Atris/Alba, you'd want to make her look more Caucasian. To help, you might want to move the profile of the mouth (probably the teeth as well) further to the back; almost vertically in-line with the eyebrow ridge.

would you, redrob, be available to make some good skins? You won't have to start from scratch like the drexl, just some.

I'm a little too busy, I'm afraid. I've been re-skinning new playable heads for RoR.

I was going for that sleeker, younger representation of Kun, like in the actual comic, but I'm not quite sure I got it right... I may just redo it from scratch..

Show spoiler
Exar1.jpg

Exar2.jpg

Exar3.jpg

He doesn't look menacing/powerful/masculine enough. I think you need to square out the jaw line and chin a bit. I think that Adrian Pasdar would make a good example of what Exar Kun looked like in the comics (especially Dark Lords of the Sith #2).

Archived