Home

Custom Commando Project - Redux

Astor

After seeing how popular the CCP was, and in an attempt to bring a bit more activity to these boards, I’m bringing this back on a temporary basis, so that people can display, discuss and request ‘Custom Commandos’.

If things go well, and it doesn’t go the way of the other CCPs, then it will be allowed to stay.

If it does turn into another spamfest, this thread will be closed.

Firstly, some ground rules:

1. Keep posts within the scope of the topic - this is not a chat room. If you want to chat, use your vistor or private messages.
  2. Please only make one request at a time - this gives those working on them a chance to get it done.
  3. Don't pester people if you're waiting for a CC to be completed - they're being generous enough to use their own time to do this, so don't expect it to be done instantly.

Ultimately, the idea here is to have a good time - I'd hate to have to close yet another CCP thread due to spam, but that's ultimately down to you guys.

Keep it clean and keep it on topic, and we won’t have any problems. Get posting!

AK.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What we do is photoshop a commando rendered to people's requests.

For example:

MSBronz.jpg

Please post your request in the following format:

1)Name

2)Colors & Placement

3)Weapon (we'll do the best we can)

4)Add-ons/other details

All of the work in the previous thread can be found at General LiWar's site:

http://sites.google.com/site/genliwarccp/Home

Finally Please Follow These Rules in this thread

1)DO NOT DOUBLE POST in this thread. If you do we will not produce your custom commando until the posts are edited to one. The "edit this" option is conveniently placed at the bottom right of your posts.

2)Only request 1 commando at a time. We like to give equal opportunities for everyone to receive theirs in a timely manner. Also you may find you want slight modifications to your original request. You can request more than one, just wait until after we post the product of your original request.

picture.php?albumid=408&pictureid=3760

HRC-7714. The "Ghost Commando", he is a member of Omicron Squad.

Not to rip apart your work, but that looks like you slightly modified it (made the majority of the armor a light red and a little yellow on the arms) than an invert, which gives it a watery and blue feel instead of a ghost feel. I know when I think of a ghost, I think of white and... ghostly.

I just did a similar commando using the same template you used, and similar steps:

redux.png

It doesn't look the best, but it definitely looks more... ghosty.

and here is one without a white outer glow, but still has a minor glow:

redux.png

Not to rip apart your work, but that looks like you slightly modified it (made the majority of the armor a light red and a little yellow on the arms) than an invert, which gives it a watery and blue feel instead of a ghost feel. I know when I think of a ghost, I think of white and... ghostly.

I just did a similar commando using the same template you used, and similar steps:

redux.png

It doesn't look the best, but it definitely looks more... ghosty.

and here is one without a white outer glow, but still has a minor glow:

redux.png

Meh, he was originally meant to be a holographic guardian on my site, but I thought I'd retcon him to be something more... Cool?

I made my third Commando, Death of Death Squad:

rcdeath.jpg

I'm thinking on making an entire squad but if I don't, this is my version of a stealth Commando.

EDIT

Looks like there will be a Death Squad after all.

This is Death's second in command:

rcshadow.jpg

Shadow

picture.php?albumid=408&pictureid=3983

Firaxa, and:

picture.php?albumid=408&pictureid=3986

Kandosii

Nice job, I like Firaxa looks cool :D. As M@RS said try feathering the selection ;)

I made my third Commando, Death of Death Squad:

rcdeath.jpg

I'm thinking on making an entire squad but if I don't, this is my version of a stealth Commando.

EDIT

Looks like there will be a Death Squad after all.

This is Death's second in command:

rcshadow.jpg

Shadow

Good job Revan_Malak! :) You are getting better.

(RM, for short, who'd want to write that long name every single time :lol:)

INTRODUCING IMPERIAL COMMANDO - DEATH SQUAD

IC-Death of Death Squad, the Leader of the Squad

IC-Shadow of Death Squad, the Second-in-Command

IC-Night of Death Squad, the Demolitions Expert

IC-Mist of Death Squad, the Sniper Expert

rcdeath.jpgrcshadow.jpg

rcnight.jpgrcmist.jpg

Hey guys, just to Q you in. This spammy off-topic chat is exactly got the thread lock last time, and the time before. Please keep that to private messages if you don't mind. There is an entire section for Modding RC.

If you get this thread locked, you will officially be on all the CCP members "hate list," I promise you. ;)

They're all looking great guys.

I thought we'd be full of requests, but still no one? C'mon, have you never wondered what Commando you'd like to have?

Well, traffic is pretty low, and many of the original contributors aren't around much these days, but i'm sure once people find out that the CCP is back there'll be more requests. ;)

RM, I noticed that on the fourth commando (Mist right?) in the "Death Squad" the visor is darker in the area of the splatter mark on the helmet. You might want to go in and erase the splatter mark that is overlapping the visor. Otherwise good job!!! (I think mist is pretty cool :D )

Yes I figured that one out later. You have to put the visor over everything else so you don't color it by mistake, but since it does look that way I guess we can call the visor 'broken'. :lol:

I am working on a new bloody Commando (thanks for Mist), and he'll look something like him but with blood on his armor. You'll see :D

P.S.

Here he is, a Commando after a hard day's work:

bloodtrooper.jpg

Well, now that we're back here, i figured we better post the old requests that never got filled.

Can I request a whole squad??

1) RC-3521, "Tracyn"

2) black Katarn armor

3) DC-17 rifle

4) red "scar" down the right side of visor; Republic symbol on the left side of helmet; red Mythosaur skull on chestplate

1) RC-6947, "Wraith"

2) black Katarn armor

3) Verpine rifle

1) RC-8550, "Krayt"

2) black Katarn armor

3) standard DC-15 rifle

4) orange stripes down arm and leg plates

1) RC-8914, "Banshee"

2) black Katarn armor

3) giant missile

4) yellow stripes down arm and leg plates

1)Name

RC-2333 {Dha'ward}

2)Colors

Matte black with red glow from visor

3)Weapon

DC-17 sniper

Det Packs on the left thigh

Two DC pistols, one on each thigh

4)Add-ons/other details

red outlined Mando symbol on cheastplate

scratch tick marks on the side of the helmet

red scope on DC-17

1)Ky'ram

2)Olive on Silver

3)DC-15s, DC-17 handgun

4)Scorch backpack. Mando skull,left shoulder. Blasts/Burns all over suit. Det pack,right thigh.

I'm not the best at drawing, but here's this.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1111.0;attach=1097

1) A.I.

2) customizedclonecommando.th.jpg

3) DC-17 with sniper attachment

4) Minor burn marks from recent mission

Finally, Te Mirdala Mand'alor and TriggerGod do you mind if i post your commandos on my site?

I still don't know how to replace weapons, so I'm good for only one of those requests for now. I really hope you like my Black Katarn armor, Captain Bravo, but I'm not sure if I can make anyone except Tracyn, although Wraith is growing on me, I don't know where to find the gun.

Anyway:

rctracyn.jpg

I couldn't put the Republic Emblem anywhere without conflicting with the skull. If you want anything changed tell me or send me a PM.

I still don't know how to replace weapons, so I'm good for only one of those requests for now. I really hope you like my Black Katarn armor, Captain Bravo, but I'm not sure if I can make anyone except Tracyn, although Wraith is growing on me, I don't know where to find the gun.

It's mainly copy and paste (erase any extra). There are starter packs on my site: https://sites.google.com/site/genliwarccp/package

There are commandos with no guns, and already cut out weapons...

First New One on the CCP Site:

Slicer

green at joints and visor; black evrywhere else

Anti-Armour Attachment

Green Republic Symbol On Chest.

I finished Wraith, Krayt, and Banshee

Wraith.jpgKrayt.jpgBanshee.jpg

and Dha'ward, Ky'ram, A.I.

Dhaward.jpgKyram.jpgAI.jpg

Now that I've caught us up to the most recent one, I am officially done for the night.

Archived