Home

Possible screenshot from Lucidity

Radogol

And by the way, look who decided to join the party: http://store.steampowered.com/app/10110/

Yuck, did they really have to use that new Alec Baldwin looking Roger Wilco that some freelance amateur drew for the last SQ collection for their Steam page? Space Quest 5's cover would look a lot nicer Photoshopped into a title image.

As far as Lucidity I'm going to hold on to some skepticism here until more information comes out.

2D? Isn't that shot 3D? And what's Lucidity? I'm so confused!

There appears to be a lot of vector graphics going on, so I'd imagine it's 2D, but the shot is so small and unmoving it could be possible that it's 3d with flat textures.

Apparently Lucidity will be an original small adventure title by LucasArts for XBLA and other downloadable services. This rumor is that it will be a "side scrolling adventure," but not one where you directly control the character but instead giving her something to use when necessary. Maybe like you are playings the "context sensitive" panels in Conker's Bad Fur Day instead of the Squirrel himself?

Link:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/07/rumor-lucasarts-bringing-lucidity-to-xbla/

Since all of the news I can find is mostly rumor, it's not clear whether it's being developed fully inhouse or farmed out with the LucasArts name on top. I still can't even figure that out about the Monkey Island: SE.

Yuck, did they really have to use that new Alec Baldwin looking Roger Wilco that some freelance amateur drew for the last SQ collection for their Steam page? Space Quest 5's cover would look a lot nicer Photoshopped into a title image.

Also, did they have to re-release Vivendi's crap collections?

No when i meant 2D I meant the basis for this obviously is a 2D style. So even if it's flat 3D,the original concept artist made this 2D to show the 3d guy how it should look. Sometimes you have really talented 3D artists who can also draw and make something like this in 2D but nowadays that's rather rare :)

I am not going to buy this game. So far I havnt been liking what I am seing from lucasarts latley. I have been buying more Telltale adventures like TOMI and Sam and Max then I have lucasarts. The most recent game I bought was Staff of Kings and I havnt even been playing the game itself I have been playing Fate of atlantis that comes with it. So I am realy disapointed. But the gameplay sounds kinda cool but the old point and click adventures will still be on the best.

There appears to be a lot of vector graphics going on, so I'd imagine it's 2D, but the shot is so small and unmoving it could be possible that it's 3d with flat textures.

Judging by the angle and shape (and shading) of the old lady's face I would imagine that it's 3D - animating a face like that in 2D would either look weird and unrealistic or be too difficult and time consuming, I think. But I could be wrong.

Either way, I really dislike this style. I'm probably in the minority though :p

I am not going to buy this game. So far I havnt been liking what I am seing from lucasarts latley. I have been buying more Telltale adventures like TOMI and Sam and Max then I have lucasarts. The most recent game I bought was Staff of Kings and I havnt even been playing the game itself I have been playing Fate of atlantis that comes with it. So I am realy disapointed. But the gameplay sounds kinda cool but the old point and click adventures will still be on the best.

Wow. Just... wow.

Uhm.. hello? :p

'I don't like what I've been seeing from LucasArts lately.'

'I have been buying more Telltale adventures like TOMI.'

'The old point and click adventures will still be the best.'

This is an adventure/puzzle game, possibly point and click. TOMI was/is not point and click, and may I remind you that LucasArts gave TTG the rights to do the games. LucasArts released a point and click adventure 9 days ago, also related to Monkey Island, and it was AWESOME. Are you honestly saying you are disapointed with LucasArts recently?

Hell ya!!!! I didnt care for SOMI:SE mainly because I dont care if they remake it as long as its the same game so I realy didnt get to exited for it anyways. And I still consider TOMI to be a point and click adventure even though it isnt. And I dont like the idea that in Lucidy you dont move her your self. And I personaly think that Lucasarts ditched Sam and Max and Telltale Came along asked for the rights and they gave them away like it was no big deal. Then Telltale wanted to do TOMI and Lucasarts were pissed because of how big Sam and Max was so they made SOMI:SE. I think lucasarts realy didnt care about there old adventure games and didnt think that telltale would do such a good job on Sam and Max and now they are pissed off at Telltales success and now they want apart of it even though they gave it away probably thinking it would pass and not be a big deal. So ya I am disapointed with Lucasarts because I believe that they were doen with the Adventure games for good until Telltale came along.

But I still am a Fan. I am just not to happy with what there releasing. I do believe they will get back into the adventure games.

Same here, to be honest. I hope it's just that particular screenshot that I find unattractive.

Thats one of the things I dont like about it. The Style and the gameplay style. But its still just rumored. I will wait for the reviews if it comes out. But It kinda reminds me of that Orphan movie or like the nightmare before christmas kinda stuff. Its realy gloomy.

And I dont like the idea that in Lucidy you dont move her your self.

Keep in mind all information about "Lucidity" are rumors.

And I personaly think that Lucasarts ditched Sam and Max and Telltale Came along asked for the rights and they gave them away like it was no big deal.

LucasArts has never owned the rights to Sam & Max, it was licensed to them by Steve Purcell.

Then Telltale wanted to do TOMI and Lucasarts were pissed because of how big Sam and Max was so they made SOMI:SE.

I'm pretty sure production on the Special Edition began before Tales.

Also' date=' did they [b']have[/b] to re-release Vivendi's crap collections?

Didn't they just release an incomplete set with DOSBox inside? I'm not sure, as I own the complete Space Quest Collection made from when Sierra was on it's last legs.

Judging by the angle and shape (and shading) of the old lady's face I would imagine that it's 3D - animating a face like that in 2D would either look weird and unrealistic or be too difficult and time consuming, I think. But I could be wrong.

Yeah you're right, I think that lady indicates it is probably 3d. I was focusing on the girl when I first saw it.

I'm pretty sure production on the Special Edition began before Tales.

That sounds about right. I read somewhere or I was talking to someone and seem to remember Telltale starting ToMI January this year, while the SE was supposedly in production 8-9 months according to one of those Facebook interviews.

Thanks for the insight into your mind. Glad that you've made your purchase decision promptly. I think with all the evidence (one screenshot) we have, you have definetly made the right choice.

Sarcasm aside, I like the art style, and with rumour of it being braid-ish that can only be good. I'm liking the amount of good downloadable games coming out of late. It seems to be working out well for the studios as well as the gamers.

Archived