Home

Sherlock Holmes

Da_man

Who saw the trailer for the new Sherlock Holmes movie?

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

First of all: WTF? Since when is Sherlock Holmes a total badass? And whose idea was it to cast freaking Iron Man as him?

In a dynamic new portrayal of Arthur Conan Doyle’s most famous characters, Sherlock Holmes sends Holmes and his stalwart partner Watson on their latest challenge. Revealing fighting skills as lethal as his legendary intellect, Holmes will battle as never before to bring down a new nemesis and unravel a deadly plot that could destroy the country

What's everyone's take on this?

I was a very big fan of the Sherlock Holmes books, so hearing about this film made me very excited. I hope this one is accurate to the books...especially to Sherlock's character, there was alot that wasn't shown in several of the other films.

Hopefully they don't butcher it like some of the other latest films....

I'm looking forward to this one:D

Looks interesting, a different take on the character than just the simple detective. I'd prefer a movie about Jack the Ripper though, as there is room to "make-stuff up" with that figure of history. Like if you wanted to make the character female perhaps.....

A CURSE on whomever decided to

a). Make an ACTION Flick out of the Holmesian Universe

b). Cast Robert Downey Jr

Sure, a Victorian era James Bond flick could be fun, just dont call him Sherlock Holmes!

Poor Jeremy Brett would be spinning in his grave :( For many, his portrayal is the definitive one .... and many have played Holmes... from Basil Rathbone to Vince D'Onofrio from Criminal Intent.

JeremyBrettAsSherlockHolmes.jpg

mtfbwya

This look horrible. This is not Sherlock Holmes. This is James Bond's great-grandad. -_-

If there was anything Sherlock Holmes is not and has never been, it is a womanizer. He's a solitary man who knows pretty much everything about anything worth knowing, and he uses his knowledge, not his fists.

What's next? Pride and Prejudice where Lizzie uses a sword, wears pants, and makes out with Mr. Darcy? :¬:

^^Endo, they already did that, it was "Pride and Prejudice.."

"...and Zombies."

:D

Oh. My. Word.

I don't think I'll tell my older sister about that. She'd probably hunt down the writers for even thinking of such a thing. :lol:

Edit: I just read the wikipedia article on that. Pride and Prejudice, a perfect place for senseless gore and violence? o_0

Phht...

Sorry, I'm getting off-topic here...

Archived