Home

Idea for New Star Wars Game

Commander Dimal

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks sweet. We could put some ranked clones in the mod levels and in the game but not all over the place in the game.

EDIT:Also hockey give at least 1 or 2 of the clone troopers a DC-15S blaster rifle. Is it possible to give to give Fierfek a DC-15A blaster rifle since in the early game trailer Delta Squad used DC-15A blaster rifles but changed to the DC-17m but you still might be able to put in the DC-15A blaster rifle. The producers of RC might have left the unused files for it in the RC game files somewhere.

Posts pertaining to the ARC trooper mod moved from Reporting for Duty to Design Schematics as they now have a thread of their own. Any further posts referring to the mod should go there. Posts about the mod here will either be moved or deleted - Astor.

well, i finally drew something out.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
E-5sSniperRifleside.jpg

E-5sSniperRiflefront.jpg

its the E-5s sniper front and side views, with a little touch of my own. they both look a little funny because it scanned a little... wonky and its hard to sketch something when the picture you have is at a certain angle and is low res.

Now would you also be able to make concept art for some other weapons. You could now try to make a concept art for the Westar-M5 blaster rifle which is a blaster rifle used by Arcs. Here is an image of the Westar-M5 and hopefully you will be able to make your own concept art version for it.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4281

Also make the stock a little longer than in the image.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My first post here...

Ok, so I love this idea. I will be the first person to preorder this game if LucasArts does make it, or something similar.

My 2 cents for the next Republic Commando (or similar) game:

-There is a long list of Clone names you can choose for your soldier at the beginning of the game (this way voice dialogue can still occur with your trooper and others) - similar to how some sports games have you select names so the announcers can say it

-Instead of having set a set clone as the main protagonist, it is your clone: you choose its name and you customize it

-For customization, I imagine a system where you choose everything about your clone (which is used in campaign and mp).

-- You start off with basic armor and gear, but eventually unlock all different stuff, such as visors, accessories, different armor (including Phase I), etc*

-- You also unlock color variations and designs for your armor. Think of all the different clone armor designs, now imagine being able to select up to three of them in any color, any layer order on each section- helmet, chest, arms/shoulders, legs.

-- After some unlocking, you can also change the color/camo of your armor (realistic - no pinks, purples, etc)

-- Also, I don't know if this is possible or wanted even, but how about being able to change the color/camo of the clone's "underwear" (what they wear underneath armor, almost always black).

Clone_Troopers_Phase_II.jpg

That black "underwear" is called body amour/ or a body suit.

And the idea about you choosing the name and appearance of your clone doesn't sit to well with me. Don't get me wrong, I do believe it to be a good idea, however, it doesn't fit with the story line. Most people who played and enjoyed Republic Commando don't want to play a made of EU game. They want a continued story line with some of the secrets left in the first game answered.

That would make a good mod though.

That black "underwear" is called body amour/ or a body suit. gotcha :eek:

And the idea about you choosing the name and appearance of your clone doesn't sit to well with me. Don't get me wrong, I do believe it to be a good idea, however, it doesn't fit with the story line. Most people who played and enjoyed Republic Commando don't want to play a made of EU game. They want a continued story line with some of the secrets left in the first game answered.

That would make a good mod though.

I played, beat, and loved Republic Commando. I've also read the books, which I thought were amazing.

As much as I would like it, I don't think we'll ever learn what happened to Sev.

The thing with video games is that most people expect a direct sequel.

It would be cool to have a sequel, but I'd like it more if they made a whole new storyline with all new characters.

The new RC could possibly reference and display other known RC characters, but a whole new story would be better for the series- new players would not be forced to learn what happened in the first game and books.

IMO, the next RC game should be played as a Republic Commando (65%) and an Imperial Commando (35%) as time goes on.

p.s. What's an "EU Game"?

Extended Universe is EU I believe, I may be wrong though... However, in response to Dimal's post. Customization is already available for the original RC Game. However, there wasn't a whole lot you could customize. Imho, the best customization process was Halo 2/3's I loved the way you could choose two colors for armor, symbols, different types of armor, etc.

Archived