Home

J7's random tinkerings thread... (56k beware!)

jonathan7

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey there j7! Poke -->

I have done nothing that we talked about since the Stalker got wrapped up... I can do a little work on the project, especially spawning a few canisters here and there... or at least provide generic scripts for you that you could enter x,y,z coordinates for and the items to be included. My question is:

When you gonna release the newer stuff? There is a ton of great work you have done, and shown us via pictures here - stuff that is simply awesome! The Old Republic inspired armors are so cool, great to see a fresh color scheme in the old game!! I had a small part in that whole deal, and you offered to me to release separately what we had done together, but I would rather it be just in your mod, with my name attached to it... I am not playing the old game again until it comes out, so I wonder what needs to be done yet for the next editions release, and how I might help you achieve that.

Yeah, this should probably have been in a PM, but Holowan has been so slow lately that I wanted to post it in the open, hopefully drum up more interest!

Heya Glenn, nice to hear from you, Force Fashion K1, is around 90% complete, I'm awaiting bits and pieces from a few people, the current lull is due to me being away currently and am just on my ultra portable, which is not good for modding, be sure it will be ready soon! (especially as I have time off coming up soon :D)...

• 4 weeks later...

My sincere apologies for lack of updates been really busy with work recently, hardly been at home or at had my proper laptop to mod with (its a gaming laptop so big and heavy, I have a Sony Vaio for when I'm travelling).

Anyways here is a quick update, in the main this is Quanon's work from above and what it's intended for; all I have done is do the relevant .2da and Hex editing work to get in game. I'm currently working on skins for the Sith Apprentice, Jedi Armour and Bandon. Gonna ask Q if he also want to make an armour to go with his helmet.

Here we go;

picture.php?albumid=710&pictureid=8045

As ever thoughts appreciated, more updates coming soon!

I like the texture, it just needs to be high-res, IMO. Also the red visor should glow!!!

Hard to do when the model is a head model. It's quiet a b**chy affair :lol:

But I could easely just still make it a seperate helmet/ mask thing, which could get téh bling-bling effect and glowing visor.

Ahum, the rest is all high-res though, helmet has a 2048x2048 pix texture size, so does J7s new skins.

J7, was it you that was making the Juhani Cathar head? I hate to pester you about it, but any progress on that end? It looked really sweet.

I was holding that up for awhile, because I still had to make a blue version (not quite a Na'vi, but close enough), and I had to make all my portraits. They're all done now, so I've finished tabby brown, Siberian white, and Na'vi-ish blue. Each has textures for head, underwear, normal clothes, portrait, and full body portrait.

I sent all of those off to j7 to finish up the Cheetah and Lioness heads, and I think Quanon was still working his hi-res magic on the clothes.

I sent all of those off to j7 to finish up the Cheetah and Lioness heads, and I think Quanon was still working his hi-res magic on the clothes.

Nuts, I forgot to PM you about that. I needed some help on the netting on Juhanis body, plus it seem's like I'll be doing some colour versions, blue? :lol:

EDIT: Owh, I did some testing today with the helmet, to get the visor glowing, but so far the thing just goes white glowy, instead of a nice red glow :(

Anyway, I also made the helmet into a real mask, so that you can wear it with any sort of armour peeps want to.

Nuts, I forgot to PM you about that. I needed some help on the netting on Juhanis body, plus it seem's like I'll be doing some colour versions, blue? :lol:

I e-mailed some files to j7 awhile ago, did he forward them to you? I've already done normal clothing for the blue skin, but were you thinking of making your hi-res red & gold fishnets outfit for each of the skin colour options? How can I be of service with the netting? What other questions can I ask? :D? ;)?

EDIT: Owh, I did some testing today with the helmet, to get the visor glowing, but so far the thing just goes white glowy, instead of a nice red glow :(

Yeah, CM_Bright is a bluish glow, and I don't know of any reddish glows. I think that there is a CM_RedAlt that is shiny like Baremetal, but it is red instead of gold/silvery. I can't remember off hand if it is in both games, or just TSL.

I don't know if the selfillum values can be of any help.

Yeah, CM_Bright is a bluish glow, and I don't know of any reddish glows. I think that there is a CM_RedAlt that is shiny like Baremetal, but it is red instead of gold/silvery. I can't remember off hand if it is in both games, or just TSL.

I might be mistaken, but can't you make your own cm_XXXX textures?

I've already done normal clothing for the blue skin, but were you thinking of making your hi-res red & gold fishnets outfit for each of the skin colour options? How can I be of service with the netting? What other questions can I ask? :D? ;)?

Well, if I remember, you made a chiss girly dancer outfit with some "netting" on and it looked great in game. I've tried out to get a same sort of effect, but it all turns out to "heavy" obscuring...

I was sort of trying to fake the Predator look for Juhani. And, yes I plan to do all your differant colour skins with my goldy armour texture. Since my texture also shows a lot of skin for the legs and chest/ belly. Would be a bit wierd if she had a blue head and then yellow legs :lol:

Mmm, then the whole head would go glowy. With the mask models I split off the visors to a seperate mesh, in a sense 2 models, thus I can use CM_Baremetal on the bulk of the helmet and then the CM_Bright or just selfillum setting on the visor. But this is a head model and I can't do splits on the meshes without getting crashes or other funky results in the game :lol:

I might be mistaken, but can't you make your own cm_XXXX textures?

Mmm, think I had crashses with those... but it's a long time a go I did anysort of tests on that matter.

So just make one that's red... that would work, right?

I'm sorry, I feel like I'm not contributing anything useful here. Uh......

Nope, nothing still.

No, no, it's a golden tip. Worth to check it out.

Yep, that would work.

So you did this already? Nice; now I certainly need to check it out, see what can be done.

EDIT: Well all I managed to get was an invisible head, with just the eyes floating about... is there a 2DA file that needs some editing aswell?

Replacing CM_Bright, just gives me game crashes... Urgh; getting nowhere....

Mmm, then the whole head would go glowy. With the mask models I split off the visors to a seperate mesh, in a sense 2 models, thus I can use CM_Baremetal on the bulk of the helmet and then the CM_Bright or just selfillum setting on the visor. But this is a head model and I can't do splits on the meshes without getting crashes or other funky results in the game :lol:

If all else fails and you need to split the meshes to get the selfillum effect, I might be able to help you. I've played with some really messy head models, and with a bit of hex editing, and luck, I got them to work.

With regards Force Fashion K1, Dak has just sent me the female sandperson Jedi Robe, which means we are well and truly reaching end game. I'd quite like to script in a Jedi Merchant at the enclave using one of the Jedi Aliens I've made, though I think Qui-Gon Glenn is busy so may have to drop that idea!

@ VP, RR41 and Q, my apologies for being slow and disorganised on the Juhani thing, we've had it like 95% done for months!

I like the texture, it just needs to be high-res, IMO. Also the red visor should glow!!!

The helmet is high-def, its 2048 by 2048 (average helmet texture size ingame (for the largest texture pack if your lucky 256 by 256), Quanon has put an amazing amount of work into it! The actually problem is that because K1 and K2's engines are so old, something being HD doesnt always show up brilliantly!

Well, if I remember, you made a chiss girly dancer outfit with some "netting" on and it looked great in game. I've tried out to get a same sort of effect, but it all turns out to "heavy" obscuring...

ohh, yeah, for that I used a hexagon Photoshop pattern. I can't remember where I downloaded it from, but this looks similar: http://photoshopfreebies.com/texture-patterns/259/72-hexagonal-honeycomb-patterns.html

Then, I'd do layer overlay so that the body's natural shadows and highlights get applied to the hex pattern.

I can definitely help out with that :D

ohh, yeah, for that I used a hexagon Photoshop pattern. I can't remember where I downloaded it from, but this looks similar: http://photoshopfreebies.com/texture-patterns/259/72-hexagonal-honeycomb-patterns.html

Then, I'd do layer overlay so that the body's natural shadows and highlights get applied to the hex pattern.

I can definitely help out with that :D

Wooot, thanks Redrob. So far I made a sort of criss cross, diamont shaped pattern in photoshop. But t'was difficult to find a good size and stuff. Never thought to use Hexes.

EDIT: Well, here's the result of some further tweaking to that skin; thanks for the linky Redrob ;)

juh001.jpg

Archived