Home

Arc Trooper Mod

RC #38

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I just found a mando that can be put into this mod. I'll get back to you guys on this. Just letting you know.

EDIT: Ok, I found a mando for Unreal Tournament 2004, which (if I remeber correctly) uses the same Unreal engine as SWRC.

http://unrealtournament2004.filefront.com/file/Jango_and_Boba_Fett;38433

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this wouldn't be porting, because that is a mod, and not a standard game resource.

Bummer. Hey, I'm trying to add in a new trooper squaddie (the kind that crashes the game). I'm using a different technique though, so I'll tell you how it went.

Edit: Yegh, didn't work. I'll try my plan B then. Will update with results.

Edit 2: ... No luck with Plan B... Plan C now... Will update...

Edit 3: Didn't work. Plan D now... update soon...

Ok, I'm momentarily abandoning plan D in favor of checking up on weather or not the script, or the Pawn is causing the crash...

Edit: Ok, so the shiney boy was causing the crash. I'm now reverting back to Plan A, but with a different Pawn.

Yup! :D I have a fully animated, extra squad mate! All you have to do as use a clone trooper instead of a clone commando. Since Clone Troopers can't preform squad commands, there's no crash. You can edit the CT mesh into the RC mesh and you can even have your very own commando follower. Keep in mind that this means no bacta, however he'll still follow you, and you can revive him. ^_^ Also, on levels where you don't have a full squad (Raz Prosocuter/First few geonosis levels) you can use a standard squaddie with squad commands. ^_^ Yayz! :p

In my experience (having created my own video-games using the Beyond Virtual game engine), development takes anywhere from three weeks (provided you and an entire team have some ready-made models, and an unlimited amount of time from sun-up to sun-down) to 2 years +. It all depends on the level of work that you put into your game. If you follow the E.A. style, you can do it in one day (pirate some models from turbo-squid, and mush some levels out). Personally, I tend to churn out levels (characters, items, etc.) in about 16 hours (that's total time spent on the level. 16 hours for me generally translates into about 3-6 days).

Archived