Home

Arc Trooper Mod

RC #38

basiclly so far, its arc troopers that have similar objectives of the commandos but we're planing on new missions,levels,etc.

So essentially, version 1 is just RC with ARCs instead, and version 2+ will be an all new thing?

Some can be easy to genericize, like the Acclamator Star Destroyer - instead of it being the Prosecutor, it could be the Naboo or Insurmountable...

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a heads up after noticing the discussion in your social group -

It's doubtful that you'll be able to use the soundtracks from the Star Wars Trilogies in your mod, as that's infringing copyright law. Therefore, any mod released that contains the soundtrack from any copyrighted source would be illegal.

I'm not 100% on my copyright law, but I think yes, modifying a song would also be illegal.

There's nothing stopping you from adding the soundtrack for your own personal use, but adding it into a mod and then distributing it is definitely illegal.

Just a heads up after noticing the discussion in your social group -

It's doubtful that you'll be able to use the soundtracks from the Star Wars Trilogies in your mod, as that's infringing copyright law. Therefore, any mod released that contains the soundtrack from any copyrighted source would be illegal.

Are you sure Astor? 'Cause there's a bunch of mods that use Star Wars Music. To name a few - AEM over at EAW Files, Star Destroyer II Map over at JK Files...

Are you sure Astor? 'Cause there's a bunch of mods that use Star Wars Music. To name a few - AEM over at EAW Files, Star Destroyer II Map over at JK Files...

I'm pretty sure, yes. And if those mods are using the Star Wars soundtrack, then they're infringing the copyright.

Now, I know what you're thinking - LucasFilm/Arts hasn't had those mods removed, so they obviously don't mind. What's more likely is that they don't know they even exist.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, but I think it's important that you know that the inclusion of the soundtrack is on shaky legal ground at best.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, but I think it's important that you know that the inclusion of the soundtrack is on shaky legal ground at best.

You're not "Raining on our Parade." I personally, am really glad that you brought this up, and being a composer I sympathize with the copyright issues. We really should make sure it's legal for us to use the Soundtrack Music/Remixes before we put them in. I'll to some research into this, as I have a neighbor who worked as a head-hunter for ILM. He should know.

EDIT: Ok, we now have official Main/loading screens. Comments?

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
picture.php?albumid=451&pictureid=4488picture.php?albumid=451&pictureid=4489

Here are some new enemies which you will be facing in our mod:

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=451&pictureid=4612

They are (from left to right):

B3 Ultra Battle Droid, B2 Cortosis Battle Droid, Battle Droid (no rust), Battle Droid Commander, OOM Security Droid, OOM Droid Pilot/Tech

Some enemies I would really like to see would be a regular dwarf spider droid.

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4270

A Hailfire droid.

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4271

A crab droid, defiantly.

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4269

A JK-13 security droid.

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4272

An octuptarra droid, defiantly.

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4273

A Tri droid.

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4274

An A-series assassin droid.

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4276

A spelunker probe droid.

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4277

A Tri droid starfighter.

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4278

Also if its possible put in a vulture droid. If it is possible to make any of those please tell me.

Archived