Home

Full Throttle Rides On

daltysmilth

With all the talk of Telltale resurrecting old Lucasarts licenses, I'm surprised more hasn't been discussed about the possibility of resurrecting Full Throttle. Lucasarts themselves had at least two sequels in different stages of development at one time. And I think if anyone besides Sir Tim Schafer could pull off a Full Throttle sequel, it would be Telltale. Thoughts?

Hmm.

I'd heard this rumour that they were doing a Full Throttle 2. I was like, "What?! who's making it?" And they said, "Oh, these guys down the hall." I was like, "What? No one told me this. Those are my characters!" I got so upset someone was going to have control over my... I mean, Ben was named Ben because that was the name I was almost given at birth! It felt really personal to me. I did have to admit, though, it was a fair deal. They paid me for my time. George Lucas bought that game from me. It's his game now. But yeah, I still dread LucasArts trying to make a sequel. It's my worst nightmare.

What if it were made by Telltale featuring Tim Schafer as the Visiting Professor of Motorpsychology?

Bikers and road rash sequences aside, I think it's a more personal game that would be most suited to Double Fine with Schafer holding the reins. I also don't think it will ever happen.

With Roy Conrad, voice behind Ben, gone I hope they never make a sequel.

And this too. What I've heard of the replacement voice actor that was to be the next Ben in Hell on Wheels was not pretty. Roy Conrad made a very distinct voice that seems impossibly hard to achieve with another voice actor.

Archived