Home

2010 and the dissolving USA

Qui-Gon Glenn

Well it's easy to see any kind of chaos when all forms of police units and law enforcement not to mention politics are washed away. Without water, electricity, or shelter there are obviously going to be problems. However, a country filled with corruption doesn't collapse to the point where people automatically go crazy and loot left and right.

Interesting thought... Lots of municipalities are un(der)funded to the point where some of the more basic needs are in danger. It is not impossible to believe that some areas may go without police service in the near future.

Course my mother has a feeling that this year is going to be very rough. Actually according to her, people are gonna be robbing people on the streets a lot more. She tends to be right in her predictions. Better than 80% accuracy. She believes that God is talking through her. When her predictions are wrong, though there's usually something very close about them.

Example of when she was "wrong":

She gave me some blue towels. She told me that God told her that I needed blue in my life. Well at the time I just said... "um... okay" well shortly after that an old friend of mine and my former guitarrist called me up and we started hangin out again. His nick name is Blue. When my father died, he and I started playin music again, and honestly that has been what kept me going for the past year. Sooo while the whole blue towels thing was technically wrong, the "Blue" thing was right.

So when she adamantly says that I need to get a handgun, I tend to think it might be a good idea.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fact is that this guy is making a prediction on a event that is bound to occur one day at the rate our country is going, and just making a bold prediction for the year. While it is unlikely that anything close to that will happen in the coming year, I am a firm believer that unless our country takes a little more accountability for ourselves before we worry about fixing the rest of the world, that 10 to 20 years in the future our country will reach a point simular to that of the Roman Empire's end.

Only problem is that the Roman Empire lasted thousands of years, and the United States Empire will have made it a pathetic few centuries.

But this is just my thoughts...

^Sorry. I can't support the isolationist view as a solution to our problems. As the world's only true superpower, it's our responsibility to be involved in the global community for better or for worse. No country can survive without being involved with the rest of society. This was proved after WWI.

I don't know what you mean by "accountability for ourselves," however.

Kind of funny how things play out, though (Blue vs blue).

Hell yeah, It would have blue me away if I had encountered such an coincidental thing.

Originally Posted by thegame197676

Only problem is that the Roman Empire lasted thousands of years, and the United States Empire will have made it a pathetic few centuries.

Hi there,

This > ("United States Empire") This is not correct sir, we are not really an empire. Becuase we do not have and emporer that we serve, although we might have an emporer wanna-be right now for president (god forbid), we just have a president who we elect as a leader. And all the states that are in this country are "United", hence "The United States".

Anyway, I just wanted to point that out to you, thank you - carry on. ;)

Oh! And btw, welcome to the LF thegame197676 :)

Someone mind telling me why the US is destined to go to hell?

Preferably without references to religious apocalypses.

But, but, but, Murph, in the Bible it specifically states "And in the year 2010, the Great Nation of America, blessed by God, will be led to it's utter destruction by the Anti-Christ... Barack Obama". Have you not read that part of the Bible?

Hi there,

This > ("United States Empire") This is not correct sir, we are not really an empire. Becuase we do not have and emporer that we serve, although we might have an emporer wanna-be right now for president (god forbid), we just have a president who we elect as a leader. And all the states that are in this country are "United", hence "The United States".

Anyway, I just wanted to point that out to you, thank you - carry on. ;)

Oh! And btw, welcome to the LF thegame197676 :)

Thank you for welcoming me :)

To reply the united states empire was more a turn of phrase then actualy calling us a literal Empire. The turn of phrase being as you said... Wanna be emporer for a president.

But, but, but, Murph, in the Bible it specifically states "And in the year 2010, the Great Nation of America, blessed by God, will be led to it's utter destruction by the Anti-Christ... Barack Obama". Have you not read that part of the Bible?

Hey, hey, hey.....! I think that must have been in one of those banned book versions (like Lilith or the Gnostic Gospels, etc....). ;)

@Murph......well, given that hell is a religious reference of sorts......you ask the impossible. :xp: Serioiusly, though, depends on what one means by hell. If it's just a metaphor for falling fast and hard from a postion of prominence, then it's not inevitable. Perhaps just a slow but certain decline before diappearing into obscurity (often the fate of many an "empire") or the mists of time (or whatever metaphor you'd like).

^Sorry. I can't support the isolationist view as a solution to our problems. As the world's only true superpower, it's our responsibility to be involved in the global community for better or for worse. No country can survive without being involved with the rest of society. This was proved after WWI.

I don't know what you mean by "accountability for ourselves," however.

Definatly not an isolationist view I am making, I am big on our government keeping strong good relations with the rest of the world. I am however not big on our government shelling out a trillion dollars for Iraq (which I served a year at in the military) for a conflict that our government had to lie about to get into, when our country is in massive debt as it is.

It is this kind of mismanagement and waste of finiances and other resources that I base my opinion on.

^^^So then what are you saying specifically about self accountability? You still didn't answer his question, which I now echo.

^Sorry. I can't support the isolationist view as a solution to our problems.

Well, fine, but how much more can we afford to ship overseas in terms of jobs? We've already given up technical and manufacturing, and service category is well on the way--if it won't be given to machines first. The uneven economic playfield allows corporations (regardless of public or private) to foothold their positions over smaller businesses and effectively lock them out of competition. Rather than people who are self reliant, independent, and sustaining, we may soon have public corporations to which we are all dependent upon.

As the world's only true superpower, it's our responsibility to be involved in the global community for better or for worse. No country can survive without being involved with the rest of society. This was proved after WWI.
OK I do agree there about the involvement aspect, but I would cut this off when outsourcing begins to wreak havoc, but of course nobody cared about consequences of that for the past 16 years.

Someone mind telling me why the US is destined to go to hell?

Preferably without references to religious apocalypses.

The writer of the article is having a fit that Alaska is still a part of America in 2009 going into 2010--so he set up projections on his computerized simulations to "prove" this will happen. Personally I think his obsession with USA falling is masking his fit he's having over Alaska not yet being part of Russia once again.

Pictures of the text or it never happened. :carms::devsmoke:

@forum in general - Many here are assuming that I believe that "anything" is going to happen in the future. I have no crystal ball, and as Starkiller says, "never been a Jedi before." Do not confuse the topic with the poster.

@thegame - The roman "empire" was not one long single form government. Review history and respond if you wish.

@ForeverNight: I am not proposing that the US will dissolve, or the world will crack in two, in 2012 or necessarily anytime. Again, this is a discussion of a coincidence, and the facts are simply that some people think certain things, and some people discuss such-and-such. I did follow the first link, and no, I did not follow the second - I was underwhelmed by the argument presented by GDP statistics. That 1% has a lot of cash.

@murph - I know nothing about destiny, and I don't believe in hell. I simply live now and remember when, and as I old as I feel saying it (and dotardly) - it is all going to hell :lol:

• 11 months later...

Why yes... I talked to mum yesterday, trying to Nuke her PC (she has installed maybe 5 anti-virus softwares, simultaneously, and wonders why her pc is slow :giveup:).

She is well, for a woman who has worked her entire life, served her Government, and is at retirement age - yet will never be able to retire, as she netted $7500 from the $22000 gross that she earned in 2010. Tough time to move your service (CMT) business and start over... she is perservering.

As to her opinions about the USA not dissolving in 2010 - the same as the opinion she holds about the ET contact we were "prophesied" to receive several different times over the last 15 years, or the same opinions she holds about God, archangels, Divine Consciousness etc... all things that to me are creative writing projects, she holds them as truth "unfolding".

Her feeling is that things are happening... I think her crystal ball sucks.

Nevertheless, the conversation was lively, maybe the only topic I have made that actually went somewhere, even if it was mostly at the expense of Mommaroo.

I will ask her about it though.... honestly sabretooth, I had forgotten this topic! :D

We could be splinters of our own collective imaginations interacting in that one split second during the destruction of the world, or my solipsist musings may have turned out to be true and the life-after-death is in fact, a seamless continuation of life-before-death.

BRB, overdosing on DMT

We could be splinters of our own collective imaginations interacting in that one split second during the destruction of the world, or my solipsist musings may have turned out to be true and the life-after-death is in fact, a seamless continuation of life-before-death.
Yes, time is abstract, a construct, and therefore not real. Yet I still want a danish.
BRB, overdosing on DMT
We all live in a yel..... I have a friend who is training with a Peruvian shaman, if you need guidance :p

Archived