Home

Zombie Invasion

Ulmont

You clearly have not played enough. I require a Ray Gun and a Browning.

Oh, I've been around....tried using a flamethrower to get to level 20....got to level 21....:D

Ray gun is good, but Browning, ehhh...only if you have a friend {with a trench gun, mind you :D } to handle all the zombies that get past the browning's destructive power. MG42 is actually pretty good for that.

You obviously have not been in my minivan when I play Monster by Skillet or Swamped by Lacuna Coil, or you would know this is not possible. No THX noise could possibly be loud enough to startle me while singing "Bring Me to Life" at the top of my lungs with the volume red-lining. I must say that standard minivan speakers are wholly inadequate for good bass.

You either get the witch or the smoker so...

Jae as always you are a very interesting lady.

Okay well expecting this day would come I joined many months ago the community in preparation for the zombie apocalypse on facebook and have picked up a few hints, as well as working on refining my zombie combat techniques and armory. Apparently salt works on some types (ghouls and revenants and such), so fellers, keep your salt-peter shotgun shells handy.

Ghasts are particularly nasty and you'll need silver for those. Any good ceremonial display replica mediaeval weapons are good for this, or if stuck in a pinch just a very expensive set of steak knives will do the trick, or a nice goblet. Smash 'em in the face with it and say, here, wanna drink?!

Zombie traps are virtually useless and I'd advise any of you to avoid bothering with them. The buggers just fill spiked pits with their flailing bodies and walk over the top of their own to get to you. There's no point to it.

High powered and military rifles are similarly next to useless except for their capacity to punch through light cover or strike at long ranges. Most of the time a full metal jacket just leaves a neat hole that would kill any normal man but does little more than gets the zombies doing twirls on their way to wrap their hands around your throat. You need large calibre home defence firearms, which release the bulk of their energy upon the target by breaking up as soon as they hit something.

Otherwise big game firearms like the Casull sidearm and Action Express, Winchester Magnum (minimum), Rigby, Weatherby Magnum, H&H Magnum and Nitro Express elephant guns are needed to really make sure whatever you hit is virtually desintegrated. .50 cal BMG works too, but that's about the only military round I'd trust and you need to score the jacket with a hacksaw blade.

A nice pickup with a big block engine, some customisation and a heavy bullbar works too, and can cut a swathe through a zombie pack on the open streets but you'll need wire grille over the windows to prevent partially dismembered zombies entering the vehicle amid the slaughter.

Flamethrowers are more trouble than what they're worth, you just wind up with flaming zombies attacking you and setting fire to your friends or defences as they go down.

Good luck and remember, a zombie hunter has no friends so don't be afraid to hack the heads off yours if they turn.

The Ultimate Zombie Combat Weapon.

The Katana.

It never runs out of ammo :D

Sure it never runs out of ammo, but ya gotta get in REAL close.

Personally, I prefer a machette. It's cheap, easy to get, and heavy enough to knock them back. I also have a tomahawk for when the zombies want a hug.

For range, I use a 30-06 with fragmenting rounds. I have a .50BMG rifle. NOT a machine gun. But rounds for that are 1) expensive and 2) harder to find than the 30-06. The 50 obviously does quite the job. even a near miss is enough to cause the zombie to fall down.

For medium range, I'd recomend a shotgun. 00 buck shot is readily available, and relatively cheap. Shotguns have a side benefit of knocking a target down.

As a backup to that, I recommend a pistol, nothing smaller than a 45. Granted you gotta weigh the benefits of it. Small pistols allow for more ammo to be carried and don't cause as much kickback. But they might not have the stopping power you would like against your undead foes.

Flamethrowers: While good against the living, much of their effect is psychological. A zombie won't duck for cover to avoid being caught in the flame. As pointed out. You will just end up with flaming undead coming after you. Possibly setting the structure, suplies, or fellow survivors on fire.

As for the vehicle: I'd have to disagree with you vanir. A big block uses a lot of fuel. Realistically, you should go with a diesel. A nice van works well for this. You can get a diesel panel van which would work well for hauling your suplies around and offer a small amount of protection. The best diesel would be a Cummins, as it has good power and excelent fuel mileage.

That's it! You are both officially zombies to me! Prepare yourselves! :xp:

If I HAVE to be an undead I'd prefer being a Dread Wraith or Vampire myself...

*Revokes TMM's Mandalorian Express Card*

:xp:

Otherwise big game firearms like the Casull sidearm and Action Express, Winchester Magnum (minimum), Rigby, Weatherby Magnum, H&H Magnum and Nitro Express elephant guns are needed to really make sure whatever you hit is virtually desintegrated. .50 cal BMG works too, but that's about the only military round I'd trust and you need to score the jacket with a hacksaw blade.

Bless you my son.

Archived