Home

Activision = The New Evil Empire of Video Games!

Darth Groovy

I hear it means they will be shutting down IW.net as a result of this, so no more multiplayer for MW2 owners. This is why all games should have dedicated server executables released.

Where did you hear this? I ask because I highly doubt that they would just pull the plug on Multiplayer for millions of players so suddenly over IW's head honcho leaving. MW2 is the highest played game on XBL, and it's probably pretty high up there on the PS3 side as well.

Also, this comes as a rather large shock to me. I had considered IW pretty damn untouchable, if for no reason besides they were Activision's biggest money printers.

Where did you hear this?

Nowhere useful I admit (as in not from a journalist), but the rumour also suggested that it might be a bit more than just "IW's head honcho leaving".

Basically the rumour was a "IW have not received their royalties so are going to shut off IW.net until they get them" kind of thing.

Wow. Whatever the case I know some PS3 owners that aaren't going to be happy in any case if they haven't heard about it already. Wonder how it'll come down from here... =|

Yea, Activision has been in suck mode recently. They used to be one of my favorite publishers too.

Agreed. None of these companies ever seem to believe fan enthusiasm is worth it.

I liked Activision a ...while ago with the mechwarrior games, and even some of their NES releases like Rocket Man, and 3 Stooges.

^^^Ugh. Please don't say that--for fear that a mere mention of it may draw their attention to it.

Does Activision even make worthwhile games anymore? I stopped caring after MechWarrior 4.

Myself as well. Never got around to playing it, though. According to the wiki, it was released November 24, 2000. So lately, I think not.

Does Activision even make worthwhile games anymore? I stopped caring after MechWarrior 4.

Not really. They specialize in over saturating the market with crappy sequels. IE: Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero, MUA2...

Modern Warfare 2 was good, and made a boat load of money, but it had to many expectations to live up too, and it was hardly ground breaking material...

I wonder what effect all of this will have on Blizzard.

The thought of "Activision Blizzard" still makes me shudder. Yuck.

^^^Ugh. Please don't say that--for fear that a mere mention of it may draw their attention to it.

Agreed. At least until Diablo III is out :xp:

Whored out Tony Hawk.

Ran Tony Hawk into the ground.

Screwed Harmonix.

Whored Guitar Hero.

Ran Guitar Hero into the ground.

Whored out Call of Duty.

Mixed up Blizzard into their circle of evil.

Continually whoring out Call of Duty.

****ing up Call of Duty.

Having the worst public image in video game history. (Remember when we all thought EA was evil?)

Bobby Kotick is a greedy **** and loves to talk about it.

Basically, **** Activision. It's okay, I'm a Rock Band, Skate, and Battlefield kind of guy, anyway. I don't need them.

Also, I've seen them as the evil Empire since Guitar Hero 3, so a little late to the party there.

Archived