Home

Next AC Installment to star Ezio

Taak Farst

i love the snippets of previews we have had for brotherhood so far. I can't wait to see if there will be something at E3 - it would be very strange if there wasn't

MODERATOR: If you could, could a mod please change the thread title to "Next AC Installment to star Ezio" or something along those lines, seen as this isnt AC3? My mistake :(

Maybe AC3 will be in Egypt - http://pc.ign.com/articles/109/1094504p1.html

seems to be a comic book concept.

As for the game, as far as Desmond's story goes - If they needed to start further back in time they surely would have done that in AC1?

Anyway, there's no point speculating really... we'll find out when the devs are ready to tell us

Until then, I can't wait to let Ezio loose in Rome! I'd love to climb to the top of St Peters' Dome but it wasn't finished at that time.. In AC2 it was shown as under construction in the late 1400s when Ezio gets there - about 100 years out of whack, but anyway.... :p

mtfbwya

I still think they missed a trick by not making AC2 set somewhere around Sengoku to Edo period Japan, as was rumoured before the official unveiling. Seems the perfect setting for an assassin. I guess there may be a slim chance of it happening for AC3, but it seems to me that it would be a long-shot.

seems to be a comic book concept.
Yes, that would be my guess, but I thought I'd post it regardless.

... but it seems to me that it would be a long-shot.....

The AC series seems to deal with influential periods of Western History that have shaped the Western World.... The Crusades, The Renaissance... The French Revolution sits in nicely as next in line.

As cool as that whole Feudal Japan genre is.... it just doesnt fit in with this series. The greatest impact the Far East is having on the West is in the here and now - definitely not 500 years ago.....not even 50 years ago.

but our revolution was still better than the French one >_>

William of Orange looks worried on that oversized horse! That is not an equestrian painting to show off to to chicks with.. THIS IS! :p

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
napoleon_FAB20043.jpg

mtfbwya

• 2 weeks later...

I'm loving the E3 cinematic for Brotherhood. Looks like theyre in the final year of Rodrigo Borgia's Papacy(1503). By this time, his son Cesare was becoming a dominant and highly corrupt force. Borgia died in 1503 from a terrible illness which made his body... "the ugliest, most monstrous and horrible dead body that was ever seen, without any form or likeness of humanity" I wonder how they'll work that into the game ;)

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

mtfbwya

Looks very good. I'm guessing the reason they switched to the final years of Borgia's papacy is to allow Ezio to eventually kill him and still fit the story in with the history books. Only one thing I found strange in this trailer - Ezio's outfit looks much simpler than his AC2 outfit. That and he kept that annoying beard. :(

That and he kept that annoying beard. :(

Being clean shaven during the Renaissance was reserved for ladies :thmbup1:

edit: check out some gameplay footage from the E3 Presentations. Mildly spoilerific so don't watch it if you prefer to experience the whole story during the game when released in November.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-assassins-creed/101399

Love the Colosseum bit at the end... awesome :D

mtfbwya

Being clean shaven during the Renaissance was reserved for ladies

:lol:

edit: check out some gameplay footage from the E3 Presentations.

Looks great, though I can't help but feel pissed that the Borgias will destroy Monteriggioni after all the trouble I went through to rebuild it in AC2.

Also, poor Mario. :(

Loved the cinematic trailer, though weird for Assassins to attack head on. But it did put the emphasis on the brotherhood. Saw some fun moments in the gameplay trailer, hope they have lots of those.

I'm a bit worried about it's release date being so early, but I don't mind the return to Ezio. The Renaissance has enough to offer and I still have some things to settle with Rodrigo. And I can't wait to climb the Colosseum and the Pantheon. :)

Having carpal tunnels & a flat ass after just finishing playing AC 2 for 4 days straight (or close to it). All I can really add to the thread is.

Want.

:D

If you're ever up for a replay, do it entirely in Italian, its awesome :D

Here's the multiplayer trailer... Can't say Im hugely looking forward to that bit meself, but will give it a go out of curiousity.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

mtfbwya

• 1 month later...

Relevant Bumptron:

AC2 Fans may/may not be aware of the new limited codex edition of Brotherhood is available for pre-order.

I'm not usually into pre-order/collector stuff but this looks up my alley. Pre-ordering by Sept 15th also gives you access to the multiplayer beta, but I think that may be consoles only??

Codex Edition Contains:

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood game

Renaissance Collector Chest

Exclusive Codex

Map of Rome

Multiplayer characters cards

Lineage DVD

Bonus DVD and game soundtrack

2 Exclusive single player maps: Aqua Gear & Trajan Market

2 Multiplayer characters: Harlequin & Officer

Additional bonus content yet to be revealed

1557117220Large.jpg

Finally, those of you like the look of Assassins Creed 2 concept art etc may be interested in an upcoming interview I am doing with Gilles Beloeil, one of the lead artists on AC2/Brotherhood. It should be up by late August (click funny logo in siggy)

If you'd like to see some of Mr Beloeil's work from AC2, check out his portfolio here:

http://gillesbeloeil.viewbook.com/

mtfbwya

yes, i have pre-ordered the codex edition.

I'm somewhat worried, however. If they make the multiplayer, will the campaign still get the same treatment ac1 and 2 did? multiplayer just makes more work for the developers, which will mean either a considerably shorter campaign or a rushed, unfulfilling campaign, if im wrong ill give all the posters in this a lump of gold decorated in silk in an easter egg basket..

but its NOT an expansion! It's a full game, and just because it carries on ezio's story people keep thinking its an expansion. at the moment in england in some places it costs £50 to pre-order higher than any standard game retail by £10, the codex edition at £80. If it's "just an expansion", I wan't at least half the money back ^^

I'd be expecting it to be more akin to AC2.5 than a full new game of equivalent size to either of the first two. We know that Monteriggioni (albeit it with some destructive remodelling) and at least some of Florence are being recycled from AC2. Other than that it seems it will just be based in Rome. Granted that is supposedly the biggest city they have made to date, but I'm still struggling to see that the content level will be on par with AC1 or 2.

the price should be lowered then.

Its amusing how you think because there is less single player, the development and infrastructure required to support the multiplayer should be added free.

The solution is easy - If you don't like the release price, just wait a few weeks until it goes down.

mtfbwya

Why would they lower the price when people are stupid enough to pay twice the price

You must know something we don't, Most places taking pre-orders cant even confirm the release price of the game.

just for the privilege of having the same game in a fancy box with some cheap crap thrown in?

Which is why they've created The Internet Whiner Edition, for an extra 62million British Pounds, you can get a FREE Andrea del Verrochio thrown in ;)

CodexdelVerocchio.jpg

I myself am happy to wait for the prices to go down a bit. MP beta access doesn't interest me.

mtfbwya

Archived