Home

Next AC Installment to star Ezio

Taak Farst

Intresting. Ive just started AC2 and thought for AC3 they would have made a jump into another interesting period in history like England during the reign of Elizabeth I/Henry or France during the reign of Napoleon.

What I was really frightened of is that the story would catch up to Desmond and be entirely set in a modern environment. But for it to stay in the Renaissance...what a delight! Perhaps they had so much to cover in this part of the story that they've cut it in two?

mtfbwya

Did I just read the word "multiplayer"? And a Christmas '10 release? It'll be interesting to see if they can properly implement that in the short time they've given themselves. If they can, I can see nothing but good things following.

They just want another game with Ezio so he can start his gay courtship of Leonardo.

You can't say you didn't feel like a jackass when you didn't hug poor Leo.

What I was really frightened of is that the story would catch up to Desmond and be entirely set in a modern environment. But for it to stay in the Renaissance...what a delight!

Running around in a modern city would be fun as hell though!

Although, considering Desmond now basically has Ezios abilities I bet we'll be seeing a cross section of modern and renaissance era.

Running around in a modern city would be fun as hell though!

There's so many other games that do that! The Historical setting is one of ACs unique features. I'd rather read the database entry for the Basilica San Marco than the 7-11 near Times Square :p

I'd really have liked AC to have gone back in time to the Roman Era.

or how about a AC MMO where you can jump to different eras to take out nefarious characters/organisations 1 mission youre in Victorian London, the Next in Ancient Rome... :thmbup1:

mtfbwya

There's one problem they'll need to figure out with Assassin's Creed set in modern times... how would they solve the problem about Desmond using his new found assassin skills against people with guns and other modern weapons? He'd have to go Metal Gear for that kinda thing.

I was kinda looking forward to having a new character to play as in the next AC game, but I suppose being Ezio again will be fine. He did get a little old towards the end of ACII, though, so I wonder what sort of time span the next installment would cover.

Since it's not officially confirmed as, or named AC3, I suspect this game will be something like the Altair Chronicles game (which I didn't play) - a standalone expansion. We'll have to wait a few more years for the actual AC3. ;)

Intresting. Ive just started AC2 and thought for AC3 they would have made a jump into another interesting period in history like England during the reign of Elizabeth I/Henry or France during the reign of Napoleon.

While I personally love that suggestion, and was secretly hoping for something like that, i'm just as happy for it to stay in the Renaissance.

But still, I was looking forward to playing a different character and time period.

There's one problem they'll need to figure out with Assassin's Creed set in modern times... how would they solve the problem about Desmond using his new found assassin skills against people with guns and other modern weapons? He'd have to go Metal Gear for that kinda thing.
Spoiler warning... It was already retarded as it was in ACII when the Templar's attacked Desmond at the end, curious decision by them to employ stun sticks. The popular argument being that they didn't want to kill Desmond, but I would still think a few dudes with tranquilizer darts would have been more effective than a damn electric pole **** fest.

Since it's not officially confirmed as, or named AC3, I suspect this game will be something like the Altair Chronicles game (which I didn't play) - a standalone expansion. We'll have to wait a few more years for the actual AC3. ;)
I'm pretty sure you're correct on this being more of an expansion and not AC3. I actually remember reading about Ubi wanting to introduce a multi-player aspect with Ezio a while back and it mentioned that it wasn't going to be AC3 exactly.

The article says they are just guessing that it is AC3 but I think they are wrong, pretty sure we've heard Ubisoft talk about a new game with Ezio that has multiplayer and it was not AC3. I fully expect AC3 to have a new character in a new time period and will be disappointed if it doesn't.

The article says they are just guessing that it is AC3 but I think they are wrong, pretty sure we've heard Ubisoft talk about a new game with Ezio that has multiplayer and it was not AC3. I fully expect AC3 to have a new character in a new time period and will be disappointed if it doesn't.

Yeah, I heard something about it not being AC3 but more of a continuation of AC2 over at IGN.com

I'll try and find the article

EDIT: ''On January 13, 2010, Ubisoft revealed that a new game, tentatively titled Assassin's Creed II Episodes (working title), would be released sometime between April 2010 and March 2011. While not an expansion pack to Assassin's Creed II, this game will again feature Ezio Auditore da Firenze, and will include a new online multiplayer mode (justified in the game's story). It has been confirmed that most of the game will take place in Rome, where the heart of the facility for the Templar Order is working.'' from Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin_Creed_II

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/057/057512.html

This is not Assassin's Creed 3. Its just simply an expansion to Assassin's Creed 2 that's temporally titled ''Assassin's Creed: Episodes.'' I don't think Assassin's Creed 3 is coming out till 2011.

And whats up with all the negative hate for this installment? :confused: I think its awesome that we get to once again play as Ezio and run around in Rome. During the Renaissance period.

And whats up with all the negative hate for this installment? :confused: I think its awesome that we get to once again play as Ezio and run around in Rome. During the Renaissance period.

I didn't see any hate on the thread. Just people wishing that the franchise would keep up advancing on time and changing characters and locations.

I didn't see any hate on the thread. Just people wishing that the franchise would keep up advancing on time and changing characters and locations.

Heh, yeah. But I generally think that Ezio is actually better then Altair. Better character development, better attitude and you can relate to Ezio. Something that I found hard with Altair. He's a cool character but when you think about it, he's just simply another Assassin. A minion who does all of his boss's dirty work. Ezio, on the other-hand, is more characteristic and evolves as the plot progress's.

As for advancing on time and changing NPC's and locations, I would have to argue with that. We barely saw any Niccolò Machiavelli, Caterina Sforza and Savonarola. I realize that these three characters are in a DLC pack but I can't download DLC from my Xbox 360 due to not having any Microsoft Points.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
When you think about it, Ezio's story isn't really finished. He got inducting into the Assassin order, discovered pieces of a codex, went to Rome, killed Roderic Llançol and discovered Minerva. The game ends there, and we get back to Desmond Miles time.

Contra to everybody else, I'm actually happy the next game will continue Ezio's story as I can't think of anything else that will fit. Plus -- its only an expansion pack. (Despite what the Article says.) The real, actual Assassin's Creed 3 hasn't been announced for a release date so... we might be getting new material for that.

• 2 months later...

Ive bumped this rather than start a new thread as this seems to be about what the OP report refers to.

AC Brotherhood (more AC 2.5 than AC3) has been officially announced a little while ago

Ezio is back, Rome features prominently and there seems to be a multiplayer element.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood offers a never-before-seen multiplayer layer. Players can help the Templars by using Abstergo to train in the art of Assassination to eliminate the Assassins once and for all. Players can choose from a wide range of unique characters, each with their own signature weapons and assassination techniques, and match their skills against other players from all over the world in different game modes.

There will be an open MP beta soon with the game to be on display at E3 later this month.

There is also a new site which includes clues about new weapons that will be available in the game.

Abstergo_1920x1200_AC_1273521447_640w.jpg

assassins-creed-brotherhood-20100511100401474_640w.jpg

assassins-creed-brotherhood-20100511100413692_640w.jpg

It is unkown what timeframe the actual AC3 will be set .... as much as I would love it to be set during the French Revolution...they will probably have it in a modern setting to wrap up the Desmond Story??

time will tell ;)

mtfbwya

It is unkown what timeframe the actual AC3 will be set .... as much as I would love it to be set during the French Revolution...they will probably have it in a modern setting to wrap up the Desmond Story??

Why have it set in the knock-off revolution when you can have it in the original? 1688 or bust.

William_III_Landing_at_Brixham%2C_Torbay%2C_5_November_1688.jpg

Sorry, Darathy

Well, I definitely know that I'll be buying this game; regardless of how much money it will cost, and how much positive, or negative reviews stream in. I'm also glad that that Ezio is returning, as I thought he was a good character actually, one of the best video game protagonists ever.

Well, I definitely know that I'll be buying this game; regardless of how much money it will cost, and how much positive, or negative reviews stream in.

It was just the ubi DRM on pc that got some peoples noses out of joint, the actual game itself has received positive reviews across all platforms.

The sales for AC2 across all platforms have exceeded 9 million copies, which Im quite sure guarantees AC3.

Even though ubi's DRM has been worked around(as opposed to hacked), the PC sales themselves havent proven as dismal a failure as people were predicting. That being said, I do hope the advent of MP will see them be a bit more lax on the SP online verification requirements - this is just because I'd like as many people as possible to have the chance to play this unique game.

If you would like to know a bit more about the history behind the era in AC2, click the funny looking logo in my sig and check out Aprils article ;)

@Pavlos - do you really find the Glorious Revolution more exciting than Le Terror?

mtfbwya

Archived