Home

What ancient Sith Lord would you like to see?

DarthReign

What Ancient Sith Lord should make an appearence?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What Ancient Sith Lord should make an appearence?

• Darth Bane
    • Exar Kun
    • Darth Reven
    • Darth Malak
    • Darth Plagueis
    • Darth Traya
    • Marka Ragnos
    • Naga Sadow
    • Other

None. There are only two Sith.

The Force, and, well Science fantasy itself, allow Commune with many a dead Sith.

ot: I think it would be cool to see Starkiller go to Korriban in search of Answers and to stumble into the tome of Darth <insert>, although it has happened many, many Times in other games and books, so it would have to be done well to not be samey. :)

The Force, and, well Science fantasy itself, allow Commune with many a dead Sith.

ot: I think it would be cool to see Starkiller go to Korriban in search of Answers and to stumble into the tome of Darth <insert>, although it has happened many, many Times in other games and books, so it would have to be done well to not be samey. :)

I would love a Korriban level man. That would be the ****.

God, none of them! No offense, but this is very fanboyish and stupid. Such a thing might work for KOTOR, but not with The Force Unleashed. The story is set up so differently that such a thing would be extremely out of place.

No ancient Sith, no cloning, no resurrections, no having Galen block lightsaber blades with his hands or eating stars for breakfast. None of that crap, please!

God, none of them! No offense, but this is very fanboyish and stupid. Such a thing might work for KOTOR, but not with The Force Unleashed. The story is set up so differently that such a thing would be extremely out of place.

No ancient Sith, no cloning, no resurrections, no having Galen block lightsaber blades with his hands or eating stars for breakfast. None of that crap, please!

Hey man settle down. It's not out of the question...I mean you fought Darth Maul...so why not have Galen find a holocron? Or Proxy uses ancient training simulation? I don't think it'll happen but its fun to speculate.

Because that is completely contrary to the game's theme. KOTOR was very heavily dipped in Expanded Universe lore, so name-dropping ancient Sith Lords left and right was fine. TFU has a completely different feel: it lives off of what most people know from the movies, so drudging up expanded universe lore - especially from the more ancient times in the Star Wars universe - would be completely out of sync with the feel of the game.

Maul's presence in the first game was completely unlike that because he was a character from the films, so it was semi-acceptable (once you get over how random the encounter was, but I guess that's the point). Encountering Naga Sadow's holocron just would not jive with such a game. If the franchise had been very heavily steeped in Expanded Universe lore from the get-go, fine; but it was intended to cater more to the movie crowd.

You get me?

Because that is completely contrary to the game's theme. KOTOR was very heavily dipped in Expanded Universe lore, so name-dropping ancient Sith Lords left and right was fine. TFU has a completely different feel: it lives off of what most people know from the movies, so drudging up expanded universe lore - especially from the more ancient times in the Star Wars universe - would be completely out of sync with the feel of the game.

Maul's presence in the first game was completely unlike that because he was a character from the films, so it was semi-acceptable (once you get over how random the encounter was, but I guess that's the point). Encountering Naga Sadow's holocron just would not jive with such a game. If the franchise had been very heavily steeped in Expanded Universe lore from the get-go, fine; but it was intended to cater more to the movie crowd.

You get me?

Yeah, actually you make a good point. They made up alot of material for TFU instead of using the EU. So that actually makes sense.

This was my point.

QFT. Forget the Sith Lords, that's already been done.

Since they seem to have "Galen" coming back to life, I see nothing wrong with having him fight a resurrected or ghost Sith Lord; it's no less ridiculous.

Just for the hell of it, I vote for Darth Revan. I want to see Revan get the **** kicked out of him by Vader's apprentice.

• 1 month later...
Revan is a MUST, if ancient sith lords are placed in TFU2. But then again, wouldn't that mess with Star Wars cannonicity ? Anyway, if he's just a memory or a force ghost, I'd be glad to see him in-game.

Don't forget, this is Lucasarts...they play darts with cannon :)

• 1 month later...

As if dragging Maul from the grave for part 1 wasn't bad enough. :(

Let's have a Ravan clone with Luke, Supershadow and Anikon dna! Uberpwnage. [/sarcasm]

But seriously. No ancient Sith Lords. Referencing is okay, blatantly raping canon (what they'll probably do) isn't, imo.

If you'd want to add something, maybe have Galen visit Korriban and some tombs, like Kotor did.

Maybe they could intertwine with the Swtor team to sketch Revan's past. Some clues in this game, some clues in Swtor...but LA wouldnt do that.

b

Archived