Home

POKEYMANS 2010 EDITION

Rogue Nine

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, already, don't they usually wait a couple years before releasing new generations? I know heart gold and soul silver were released around August in Japan, but that's still only 1 year. I guess remakes don't count as part of the Pokemon cooldown cycle?

Wow, already, don't they usually wait a couple years before releasing new generations? I know heart gold and soul silver were released around August in Japan, but that's still only 1 year. I guess remakes don't count as part of the Pokemon cooldown cycle?
Yeah I am not surprised by the announcement, since it will have been about 3 years since the last real new Pokemon game.

I think it's pretty lame that the games are still for DS rather than the upcoming 3DS, that basically means it will be the same formula as all the past games. Not going to lie, I am a little tired of the same game over and over (though SoulSilver is an exception since the originals were so damn good).

Well, my lavaquil 'Sparky' is very cute. My caterpie evolved into a metapod (bleh--not nearly as cute as caterpie), and I've captured several pokemon on my pokewalker. I also unlocked 4 routes so far, and I've found some red shards and a star piece on my latest pokewalker trip.

Yeah I am not surprised by the announcement, since it will have been about 3 years since the last real new Pokemon game.

I think it's pretty lame that the games are still for DS rather than the upcoming 3DS, that basically means it will be the same formula as all the past games. Not going to lie, I am a little tired of the same game over and over (though SoulSilver is an exception since the originals were so damn good).

What's the 3ds going to ad? Do I have to wear 3d glasses to play pokemon now :raise: (kidding)? The DS touch screen is incredibly popular and works really well, the only improvement I can possibly see is with graphics. Although a successful 3d pokemon with extra RPG wouldn't be so bad; I've always wanted a good one ever since they made one for gamecube (forgot what it's called).

What's the 3ds going to ad? Do I have to wear 3d glasses to play pokemon now :raise: (kidding)? The DS touch screen is incredibly popular and works really well, the only improvement I can possibly see is with graphics. Although a successful 3d pokemon with extra RPG wouldn't be so bad; I've always wanted a good one ever since they made one for gamecube (forgot what it's called).
The 3DS will have 3D graphics without requiring you to wear glasses, probably Gamecube-like graphics, and some kind of sensor to track the user's movement. It will also be backwards compatible with DS games. I wouldn't really care about the game being in 3D, but it'd be great to have better graphics and not use sprites anymore during battles.

yes please continue on this path in an attempt to nurse your bruised ego after i shot down both of your selections a bloo bloo bloo bloo :parrot:

It's easy, you just start off with a pokemon that is able to substitute, boost your attack and speed stats, baton pass onto a weavile or tyranitar and sweep away. Your team of hacked mewtwos wouldn't stand a chance.

My way is the legal way too, not using any hacked pokemon.

It's easy, you just start off with a pokemon that is able to substitute, boost your attack and speed stats, baton pass onto a weavile or tyranitar and sweep away. Your team of hacked mewtwos wouldn't stand a chance.

My way is the legal way too, not using any hacked pokemon.

it's basically 6 vs 2 still brotini and i'm the one dishing out more damage

it's basically 6 vs 2 still brotini and i'm the one dishing out more damage

There's a million and one Pokemon that can learn dark type moves and since mewtwo is so overused, everyone has a billion and one strategies to take them out so easily.

And yup, a lot of people could use 1 or 2 pokemon to take out your entire set of 6 mewtwos...

@ Salzella: Depends which Pokemon is using it. For example, a Ninjask could just keep on substituting and gaining speed with Speed Boost. Then all anyone would need to do is Baton Pass over to an Attack EV trained Weavile which is speedy and has a high Attack anyway... then all it'd need to do is Night Slash away and pretty much guarantee OHKO's on his entire team.

That's why whenever you battle anyone, they always have a variety of different types of Pokemon with different abilities in their team. Having 6 of the same Pokemon, no matter how powerful is a silly way of going about things.

Plus it doesn't have to be a Dark type, it could easily be any type that knows any Bug, Ghost and Dark moves. There are a lot of strong pokemon that know Crunch.

There's a million and one Pokemon that can learn dark type moves and since mewtwo is so overused, everyone has a billion and one strategies to take them out so easily.

And yup, a lot of people could use 1 or 2 pokemon to take out your entire set of 6 mewtwos...

@ Salzella: Depends which Pokemon is using it. For example, a Ninjask could just keep on substituting and gaining speed with Speed Boost. Then all anyone would need to do is Baton Pass over to an Attack EV trained Weavile which is speedy and has a high Attack anyway... then all it'd need to do is Night Slash away and pretty much guarantee OHKO's on his entire team.

That's why whenever you battle anyone, they always have a variety of different types of Pokemon with different abilities in their team. Having 6 of the same Pokemon, no matter how powerful is a silly way of going about things.

Plus it doesn't have to be a Dark type, it could easily be any type that knows any Bug, Ghost and Dark moves. There are a lot of strong pokemon that know Crunch.

lol look at all the words you wrote (that no one is gonna read) :nvr4get:

lol look at all the words you wrote (that no one is gonna read) :nvr4get:

Duh, it's LucasForums. No one reads anything anyone writes.

As for Pokemon Black and White being for DS, I'm personally hoping that Nintendo does have some kind of 3DS support that activates more features in the game when played on the 3DS... probably not gonna happen, but from the screens I'm seeing, it is a possibility.

Archived