Home

TFU 2 more of an RPG?

It needs more rpg elements but not too much.. We already have Kotor, why can't tfu just be tfu? I think too much rpg takes the magic out of the story.. Starkiller is a complex dude, now just imagine if all the players around the world have a different complex dude, that's just confusing. I want to see his personality claimed, wellwritten and not rushed and overmystical like the first one. Allthough the powers and saber moves can have some more RPG in them.. Somehow, the force wasn't totally unleashed for me the way I thought it'd be, I missed some powers and upgrades which I seriously hope they fix because this franchise has the possibility to grab a timeless fanbase like some other games LA has made before..

Changing the game style would ruin it because you're taking away what attracted people to the game in the first place. Basically you still want to target the same audience.

Look what happened to the KOTOR series. This TOR game I think will ruin it because it went from RP to MMO and thus it is turning off a lot of its fan base because of it.

I disagree about the TOR comment because its not entirely a sequel to KOTOR but I get your point. If anything I think it will broaden it scope (unless it sucks which I do not think it will.) I think TFU 2 should stay an action game, but I do not want to have my enemies scale with me to make me feel like I am always at the same level as them (darn elite storm troopers.)

Changing the game style would ruin it because you're taking away what attracted people to the game in the first place. Basically you still want to target the same audience.

Look what happened to the KOTOR series. This TOR game I think will ruin it because it went from RP to MMO and thus it is turning off a lot of its fan base because of it.

Agreed, doing otherwise would complete sabotage to the series.

Wrong example. A game can be a MMO and still be a RPG. As TOR is.

Wrong example. A game can be a MMO and still be a RPG. As TOR is.

Not that I want to turn this into a TOR discussion, but lets face it. Lots of people (including me) have been turned off by TOR because of what it has done to the KOTOR series. Purist (like myself) hate the changes. That's the point of not changing the game style for TFU. Lots of people who were attracted to the game will be turned off of it. That's all you should have gotten from me making the TOR example. I never said that there would others out there who would not like the change.

Not that I want to turn this into a TOR discussion, but lets face it. Lots of people (including me) have been turned off by TOR because of what it has done to the KOTOR series. Purist (like myself) hate the changes. That's the point of not changing the game style for TFU. Lots of people who were attracted to the game will be turned off of it. That's all you should have gotten from me making the TOR example. I never said that there would others out there who would not like the change.

I understand your point, but it's still the wrong example. TOR is still a RPG. It's not like changing a game like Jedi Knight, TFU, or Battlefront to RPG. These imply a complete change of gameplay, among other things. What differs TOR from KotOR III is being a MMO and a having to pay monthly fee. It's not a complete change of game style.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd actually want it to look more like, you know, an action game?

Because, the way TFU is now (haven't bothered with any addons; screw graphical fireworks and no gameplay chages whatsoever) it's either an overdeveloped DMM tech display, a rather weak Euphoria showcase or just unsucessful at the game's proposition. Anyway, I think my time to complain about it is long gone now.

Not to stretch it too far and suggest devs turn it into something light years more complicated than what we understand as "TFU", maybe shaping it after the God of War series wouldn't be bad, gameplay-wise. It's simple, efficient and - would you look at that - fun.

Archived