Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part VII: A Glimmer of Hope

Alkonium

"Sure thing, but I think someone else is here. Someone who shouldn't be." Kalla replied, bracing herself for the droid's attack. "Do you remember when we had to deal with that hermit on Jatalra?" As the droid took a swing at her, she listened for the hum of its lightsaber, and quickly determined where and when to block. The hard part would be determining a weakness in its attack.

Komad picked up Alriana's message just as he found himself surrounded by six of the infected crew. "I'd love to help, but I'm in a bit of a sticky situation myself." He replied, turning to the zombies. "You deserved better." He said to them, activating his second lightsaber, and using a combination of Sai, Sai Cha, and Sai Tok to make short work of them. It shouldn't be much further to that cargo hold. He thought as his attackers lay dead at his feet.

Iyav continued to sneak his way through to the auxiliary control room, focusing his shots on either the zombies' legs or heads, at some points resulting in some of them getting trampled on by the rest of the horde.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jun-la looked at the intruder with narrowing eyes trying to determine something. She replied evenly, "I am in the middle of a training session. You of all people should know that to intrude upon a lesson with no instructional value is considered improper." She purposely used her more flowery and formal tone, convinced that the one wearing the robes before her was not who he appeared to be.

Tonatius was busy concentrating on deflecting droid attacks but that didn't mean he was deaf. He heard something wasn't right in the tone of Lady Jun-la. Using his latent Force ability of communication he said, Something isn't right Kalla. I hear it in Lady Jun-la's voice.

Haruka was busy watching the docks and the cargo being loaded but that didn't mean that he wasn't paying attention. He called out, "Come one guys. I've a deadline to meet at Coruscant." It gave the appearance of him been preoccupied while he looked around with a casual eye.

He spotted something in the shadows that was leaping from building to building and though, Great another would be assassin. He called to his droid companion and whispered something before slipping out.

Tavaryn made a steady lep down to the ground losing sight only once. It was unaviodable given the layout of the building. He finally made it down to the ground and slowly made his way towards the target glancing around. He was almost to the target when he heard, "Freeze or I'll dust you faster than the Iridian plague." He turned around slowly.

Haruka looked at his would be assassin with a critical eye. It was no doubt that this guy was good. Dressed in nothing but black and wearing a strange hat to keep people from looking at his face. He had to admit that the guy would have probably gotten the drop on him if he hadn't been paying attention, a necessity since there were rumors that there was a bounty out for him. Once the intruder was facing him he demanded, "Alright who are you and who are you working for?"

Tavaryn was aware that he had a blaster pointed at him but was even more aware that the group he saw was almost on top of them. He would have to work fast if he was going to save the kid. Alriana, where are you?

There was no time to waste. One was already drawing a long range blaster rifle. With a deft move, Tavaryn whipped his hand to his belt and threw one of his shuriken at Haruka. It bypassed him completly to strike the guy behind him. The fight was on.

"You've had a similar experience with them, haven't you?"

Lenatha looked at Reyvan and her smile shifted into a faint one.

"Yeah", she paused for a moment. "A long time ago though, but the impression lasts a life time".

She then looked over at Andorra and smiled again.

"But no point living in the past right? Especially since we can't change it, we can only hope to do better in the future and work towards that right?", she said with a bit more enthusiasm.

Kerlos set to work trying to place up deterrents against the zombies, or whatever those things were. He had some difficulty in reactivating the auto-turrets; not only were his technical skills a bit mediocre, but he also had to manipulate the switches and wires to gain back power. Once that was done, he programmed the turrets to shoot at hostiles - the infected crew - and to protect friendlies - anybody else. Kerlos then barricaded some of the doors with wreckage he found laing around, making sure to keep the doors Komad and Iyav went through open. He once has to shoot three zombies that were on the other side of a door. Kerlos decided to try one more call out to any survivors.

"This is Republic mercenary Kerlos Minn. If there are any survivors, please respond if possible. A Jedi should be on his way to assist you."

"My HUD is picking up at least three more possible friendlies ahead. Unfortunatly there are several hostiles approaching our position from behind."

Kurt looked over to Atora and nodded in response. He had a small smirk under his helment since he now knew one of the friendlies was Komad Kaltas. Kurt took a frag grenade he had at his side and tossed it at the approaching zombies. He quickly aimed his rifle and fired at the grenade causing it to explode right in front of them. Right before the explosion went off he heard a voice call out to them.

"This is Republic mercenary Kerlos Minn. If there are any survivors, please respond if possible. A Jedi should be on his way to assist you."

"He's not just any jedi Kerlos. He's Komad Kaltas, a great man and most importantly a great friend." Kurt shouted back.

"He's not just any jedi Kerlos. He's Komad Kaltas, a great man and most importantly a great friend."

Atora nodded under his helmet and silently requested a data dump from his ship about Komad Kaltas. The data arrived a few moments later. Atora was slightly impressed by his record.

Hmph. Still a jedi and that means trouble.

His HUD flashed once indicating that there were more hostiles approaching. At least five of them. "We have more problems. There are at least five more hostiles approaching from behind us."

He pulled out a miniture thermal detonator from his pocket and casually tossed it down into the dark corridor from which the infected were coming and was rewarded with a large explosion and a loud scream from one of the infected as it was blown apart.

"It appears that out "Allies" have split up. One is remaining in the hanger and it looks like one is heading for Auxillary control and I can't tell where the other one is going."

"I'd love to help, but I'm in a bit of a sticky situation myself."

Alriana's head suddenly shot up as she detected a small ripple through the force. It looks like he's already begun to fight.

She used the force to further increase her speed to reach the site of the battle quicker. She continued running even as she reached the site and then jumped into the air and landed close to Tavaryn.

"Komad says he's a bit occupied at the moment."

"I am in the middle of a training session. You of all people should know that to intrude upon a lesson with no instructional value is considered improper," Jun-la replied.

He did not panic, he did not fret, he was curious as to how she wasn't affected, even just a little bit, by his inherent Umbaran ability to manipulate, and coerce the wills of others, though. He should have at least been able to make her take a few steps out of the door into the hall, curious?

"I apologize ma'am, I mean no disrespect. I, however, am only the messenger, sent to tell you that you are wanted, immediately, by one of the Jedi Masters. If you wish to be miffed, be miffed at my sender," he told her, still in his 'Jedi' voice, still attempting to use his Umbaran ability of will manipulation, and coercion.

"I know I am a Knight, but even I am offended in the manner with which you replied, ma'am. Did I not say excuse me upon my entry and introduction?" He questioned, trying to turn her own impropriety upon herself. "Even Masters should show respect to their lessers," he mumbled, though audibly enough, shuffling his feet, showing he wasn't just speaking the part, but acting it out also, something that he knew, should, and most probably would, throw anyone off.

((Well, I don't like it, but I can see that, without Jun-la out of the room, I'm going to have to make Vector fight three opponents at once. Something I find unfair, but can only do so much about. But, in all honesty, I don't mind, just wish the odds weren't against me.))

"The future," Andorra repeated softly, nowhere near as self-assured as Doctor Pradhes seemed to be. "Who knows what it...holds...?!" All of a sudden, she began to tremble uncontrollably. It was as if a blizzard had enveloped her! Falling to her knees, she grabbed one of Reyvan's hands, and one of Lenatha's. "Death--destruction," she stammered. "So soon? I see...a ship, completely dark. Monstrous creatures. Still, some live." Her eyes were rolled all the way back into her skull, so that only the whites showed. "We must hurry. There is very little time to lose."

After her chest stopped heaving, the Avalonian shook her head in disgust. "I am sorry," she snarled with a voice full of self-loathing. "That was not Lord Virul. I must admit to you that in times of duress or great danger, I fall into an altered state of consciousness known as sublustrum. Most of the time, this state is helpful, as it serves as a distress signal or an augmentation of my fighting abilities. However, this time..." She was tempted to spit on the ground, but Andorra knew that would be positively unladylike. "This time it warned me of some phantom situation that we can do nothing about."

Jun-la was still suspicious and when she heard the tone, her voice went to an icy politeness. Anyone who was a Jedi knew that when it got that tone, they had better be careful and it tended to intimidate the younger ones. "Attempting to argue with me are you?"

Jun-la deftly halted the program she had operated but added in a special command. Again she stared at the intruder with a stare that was icy even though her eyes were golden amber. "It is not I who was the rude one here. It was you and a master couldn't have sent you seeing as they are in session at this moment. So why are you here?"

Tonatius heard the droids power down and he pulled off his blindfold to look around. He nudged Kalla to indicate that that lesson was to be halted right now. Kalla. Do you know that Jedi talking to Lady Jun-la? He sent the thought hoping that she would hear it.

Haruka had been shot at many times before but never had anyone thrown a bladed object at him. He didn't have time to wonder who the hell this guy was because they were suddenly surrounded and a disruptor blaster hit the ground near their feet. He jumped back and shouted, "Two-y battle mode!" He withdrew his blaster and ducked behind some crates and began firing at the people shooting them.

Tavaryn was relieved when Alriana joined him though he wasn't too pleased at the moment that Komad wouldn't be arriving. Still they had to make do. The rain was pouring thickly now and it made it difficult to see where the enemy was. He pulled out his blade amd replied, "Good thing you're here Alriana. I would have hated to hog all the bad guys to myself." He motioned with his hand to indicate that she was to go left and he would go right.

"This time it warned me of some phantom situation that we can do nothing about."

"Maybe in time something may be done", Lenatha said. "So I'm guessing all of you will be returning to your duties. If that is the case I'd like to offer my services as a medic. I'm not totally helpless when it comes to combat, I did have some weapon training. And you could always use a doctor".

She looked over at the hospital and grinned.

"Besides, the hospital won't be nearly as fun without Andorra around", Lenatha said giving Andorra a smile.

Possibly, but I've never seen him here before. Kalla sent back, lowering her blindfold to make sure. "What are you doing here?" She asked the intruder, pointing her lightsaber at him with a Niman stance to throw him off.

Having finally made it to the auxiliary control room, Iyav sealed the door behind him, and quickly scanned for any more of the infected crew to deal with. However, all he found was a female corpse, and surmised that she must have sent the original distress call. She didn't die in vain. He thought before accessing the ship's logs. Before downloading them to his datapad, he decided play the final bridge log...

"Captain, we seem to be coming out of hyperspace." One of the lower ranking bridge crew member indicated.

"That would likely indicate full power loss in the hyperdrive. Considering that, and the lack of any actual coordinates, we could be anywhere in the galaxy now." Another officer pointed out.

As the Star Destroyer came fully out of lightspeed, the captain's concerned look turned to absolute horror as he realised that they ended up in the middle of an asteroid field, with a particularly large asteroid headed straight for the command tower.

"RAISE SHIELDS!" He shouted, but it was too late.

The recording was reduced to static as the asteroid collided with the bridge. Iyav then added the crew manifest to his download. Their families deserved to know what happened.

"We could certainly use your help. I think you may be on to something, though, Andorra. Tell me, are either of you familiar with the Star Destroyer Cygnus?" Reyvan inquired, forming a bit of a hypothesis as to what Komad and Iyav found out there.

"I'm hoping to find the survivors." Komad replied to Atora, seemingly coming from nowhere. "Good to see you again, Kurt. Now, how much further to that cargo hold?"

"Cygnus?" asked Andorra, raising a curious eyebrow. "I can't say that I've ever heard of it, Reyvan. If it's the ship about which my sublustrum state is warning me, I honestly cannot fathom why. Usually, when I'm in this form of consciousness, familiar places and objects appear to me, although in a future time. However, this ship came to me out of nowhere, and I don't recognize it."

Kurt watched as Atora finished off the rest of the attacking zombies. He was about to respond when he heard the voice of Komad Kaltas. Kurt was about to salute but he stopped himself remembering a talk he had with Komad. Instead he just nodded his head upon seeing him but that didn't stop him from letting out a smile from under his helmet. He gazed down the hallway and then back at Komad.

"They're about 50 meters away sir," Kurt replied.

Tonatius made a motion till his hand was on Kalla's sword arm. He said nothing but gave a look at her, indicating that she shouldn't speak. using his eyes, he motioned for her to watch, and listen. He himself left his sword arm down but every muscle was tinged and ready for battle. Or to run.

Jun-la was still looking at the intruder with her piercing gaze. She had felt the flickers of compulsion on her mind but having used method before, she was familiar in how it felt. True deception came from illusion. this was no illusion. She said, "I am requesting you tell me who you are."

Tavaryn sailed high over his opponents before landing behind him and giving a punch guaranteed to knock him out till next festival. He stayed close by the boy Haruka who was a pretty good shot and had good cover by that ridiculous droid he had. Still he wouldn't take chances. Having run out of room for the shuriken, he withdrew his sword and held it ready to take on the enemy. "You remember the two prong?" He asked Alriana.

He was referring to a classic Jedi pincer movement that used to be taught when his mother and father had been a pupils at the Temple. He was hoping that she would remember such techniques without him having to give it away.

"You remember the two prong?"

Two prong...Two prong...Lets see...I think I remember that particular move.

"I believe that I remember it." She said quietly as she thought of the last time she had used the move back during the clone wars. "Are you thinking what I think your thinking?"

Atora stared at Komad from under his helmet and silently wished that he was anywhere but here at this moment. It was bad enough that he was on a ship filled with the infected but now he was stuck on a ship with the infected and Jedi.

Still, he would try to be polite to the Jedi. From the what the data on Komad had told him, it would be wise not to make him an enemy.

"Jedi Komad Kaltas. I requested a data transfer from my ship on you when I heard that you were also aboard. You have quite the reputation as a warrior."

Tavaryn gave a slight nod to indicate that she was right. He then began maneuvering and deflecting blows from his opponet's blade, trying to back him up into Alriana. It would take subtlty on his part to get the guy where he wanted him. Alriana, let him come to you. Make sure there is no way out.

"I do what I can." Komad told Atora before turning again to Kurt. "Then let's get going. We're getting them out of here." He told him, heading out in the survivors' direction. "Iyav, what's the ship's status? I've almost reached the survivors, and we should be on our way out soon." He called out on his communicator.

"I've managed to download the ship's logs and the crew manifest. Unfortunately, restoring full power is impossible, the ship came out of hyperspace here because it ran out of fuel. We can't even initiate the self-destruct, so I'm going to wipe the files clean, in case any scavengers show up after us." Iyav sent back.

"Understood, we'll meet you back at the hangar."

"Komad and Iyav are investigating its disappearance; they might be why you saw it. What you said about creatures would certainly explain what happened to it." Reyvan suggested.

"Is there anything we can do to help them from where we are?" asked Andorra. "We're light-years away, and on solid ground, and yet I feel that if we don't at least take some action--such as contacting them through the Force--we lose."

"Attempting to argue with me are you?"

"That depends on your definition of argument here," he replied calmly.

"It is not I who was the rude one here. It was you and a master couldn't have sent you seeing as they are in session at this moment. So why are you here?"

"Strange, ma'am, that you say that, yet you are here. Obviously if all the masters were in session, wouldn't you be there as well? If you can be out of session, can't another Master? What's so strange about that?" He turned her sudden surprise around, doing one's homework payed well, and Vector knew that in the Jedi Oder, only the Masters on the Council went into 'session', other masters did not. She had caught on to his ruse and was attempting to upset his balance, throw him off, but his was a 'Nex Sicarious', and one of the best. Little hiccups didn't bother him.

"What are you doing here?" He heard from off to the side, his head turning in her direction until the speaker was in view. Kalla herself had spoken, Vector was 'honored'.

"To relay a message to Lady Jun-la that her voice is needed for something by one of the Masters out of session," he replied simply, turning his attention back to Jun-la, ignoring Kalla's stance with a lightsaber, as he had no intention of striking until either Jun-la was gone, or they struck first.

"I am requesting you tell me who you are," Jun-la pretty much demanded of him. He shifted his weight and paused, replying, "Jedi Knight, Carnojec Turz, I recently came back from scouting in the Outer Rim."

He gave Jun-la what she wanted, a name, one that existed only in history, as Carnojec had been killed by 'Nex Venators' only days earlier. News of his 'disappearance' wouldn't reach the Jedi's ears for weeks. Jun-la couldn't turn his name against him, if she knew who Carnojec was that is, after all, no one Jedi knows the whole order, scouts especially, which are often gone for weeks, months, or years.

"If you don't want to come Lady Jun-la, then I am terribly sorry ma'am. I'll leave immediately and let you resume training," he said, walking out of room. If she truly believed he was a threat, she'd follow, after all, assassins have more than one way of killing you.

Jun-la was not not thwarted. Something about this "Jedi" didn't sit right with her. she replied, "What you say is true that the council is in session. But for you, you were not expected for another three weeks. The daily reports suggested possibly longer."

Tonatius recognized interrogation techniques when he saw them. Apparently this Jedi was known but something in his manner triggered her suspicions as well as his. Releasing Kalla's arms, he motioned for her to follow by tapping his hip. He was indicating to use the step that Lady Jun-la was a master at. he then disappeared only to reappear at one of the hidden nooks near the ceiling. Perfect to hide and attack if neccessary.

Jun-la watched as the intruder tried to leave. She didn't trust this person and the temptation to follow was great but instinct warned her that it could be a trap. She waited for his answer.

"What you say is true that the council is in session. But for you, you were not expected for another three weeks. The daily reports suggested possibly longer."

Vector stopped as he was walking away, turning in a very 'Jedi-like' manner, he responded, "I was recalled, they needed an immediate debrief on some things I found in the Outer Rim."

Records would also concur with Vector's words, as the 'Nex Venators' had altered records to show Carnojec had been immediately recalled, for Vector's purpose of assassination. Although eventually the Jedi would figure out something was wrong, and then news of Carnojec's 'disappearance' would come to light, but not for a few weeks. This gave Vector much leeway with his 'disguise'.

"And before you ask, ma'am, no, I may not divulge that information to you," he told her, hoping she'd lower her guard just enough so he could lull her into the outer hall.

Alriana, let him come to you. Make sure there is no way out.

Alriana nodded slowly and crept back silently as Tavaryn continued to back the opponet up toward her.

Almost...just a bit closer...

Atora turned to look at Kurt and then at Komad.

"If you do plan on leaving then it appears I have no choice but to eiter leave with you or see if you will assist me in recapturing the port hanger where my ship is located. If you won't, then I will activate it's self destruct."

He turned to look at Komad and frowned from under his helmet. I dislike working with Jedi...but those lightsabers would be very useful in recapturing my ship.

Tavaryn did not break his pace as he continued to maneuver his opponent towards Alriana. He had practiced this technique long and hard with his mother before she left. If anything she taught him patience and perseverance. He willed the guy back and back until he was in the right spot. Now! He lunged forward hoping Alriana would come in at the same time.

Haruka was taking aim at another oppoent while Two-y was distracting the others. He had no idea why him but he figured it had to do with that guy in black and the Jedi girl showing up. Having disposed of the last of them, he watched as they maneuverd teh blade wielding guy into a pincer movement.

"It is likely they already know." Reyvan pointed out. "The last message they sent back mentioned a quarantine and they boosted the signal of the original distress call, which suggested some sort of aggressive infection. I should be returning to the Jedi Temple, the Council is expecting me. If there's anything you need just let us know."

"Very well. Would you be willing to help ferry the survivors out then?" Komad replied, turning back in the direction of the port hangar. "Barring self-destruct, we can't allow the quarantine to be broken long enough for the infected crew to get to any ship in either hangar. My partner has a system set up on the doors to the starboard hangar, but he can only do that with one device at a time." He then explained.

"You look different, Carnojec. You've never had your hood up in the Temple before, and I remember you being shorter." Kalla pointed out, noticing a few "mistakes" that this "Carnojec" had made.

"You look different, Carnojec. You've never had your hood up in the Temple before, and I remember you being shorter."

Vector balked at the idea of whether the exact people/person he was trying to kill actually knew the person he was posing as, or whether they were all just trying to annoy him enough to force his hand out of them trying to him set off-balance so many TIMES!

It really was starting to get on his nerves ((Mine too....-_-; )).

Vector was running through his plans, as he had multiple plans, ideas, and contingencies to use to kill Kalla, and possibly anyone else, but numbers were something he didn't want to deal with directly. He'd fall back to another plan of attack (almost literally), he'd leave; he'd just leave, not the Temple, but the area, he'd leave the group in peace, and slip away to a location where he could move in for a far more, 'stealthy' approach, and strike. They'd be more alert, but not enough to guard against one of his little surprises, and if Jun-la, or one of the others followed, he'd fall back on an earlier plan. Unless they blatantly drew their weapons on him, there was no way of keeping him from accomplishing what he was sent to do, and he even had contingencies for if they did attack him without provocation. As brainwashed as he was, he was still capable of formulating thoughts, plans, and ideas, or else the skills the 'Nex Venators' sought from him so desperately would be wasted, if not pointless.

He would take his chances with the thought that Kalla was playing him against himself, and that she really didn't know the reclusive, and for the most part, always gone Jedi scout.

"Honestly ma'am, I don't know what you're talking about, nor what either of you are talking about anymore really. All I've gotten since I got here was the third degree, but I'm not going to discuss any of it further, I'm busy, and I have no more time for this, I must find the Master you..." He directed at Jun-la, "...do not want to go see, and tell him of the situation. Now if you'll excuse me ladies, I'll be off now," he concluded quite resolutely, but politely, leaving with another bow, and once again moving down the hall.

'Follow or stay, either way, I will kill Kalla, Lady Jun-la,' he thought as he moved away, feeling quite a bit of resentment towards the person who he felt acted nothing like someone should with the auspicious title of 'Lady', but hiding these feelings.

Still, it was the moment of truth, what choice would be made? Would they stop him? Draw weapons on him? Would one, or even two follow? Or would they stay, following their 'instincts'? Any choice made would lead to exactly what he wanted.

Archived