Home

Friday Update: Peace for the Republic?

News

This week sees the release of a timeline update for The Old Republic, as usual narrated by Lance Henriksen as Master Gnost-Dural. Check it out:Quote from SeanDahlberg (Source)The centuries immediately preceding the Great War were thought to be one of the most peaceful eras in Republic history. As he dives deeper into the galaxy?s [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net...

Awesome - I love the timeline entries. Those are definitely my favorite section of the Holonet.

Very interesting! I guess this would confirm that Naga Sadow is not the Sith Emperor.

I disagree - I think it could be a way to throw off the player - it still could be Naga Sadow. Who knows - maybe it's not - but I don't think it's confirmed either way at all.

The next timeline entry is the one I really have been looking forward to - Revan and Malak. I don't think they'd have it on the Holonet unless we were learning something new.

I disagree - I think it could be a way to throw off the player - it still could be Naga Sadow. Who knows - maybe it's not - but I don't think it's confirmed either way at all.

Why would Naga Sadow (if he is the Emperor) set out to seal his on tomb? How could he, if he is Emperor, able to possess Eison Gynt with his spirit?

I don't believe that it is Sadow. The Essential Atlas says that at the time an unnamed Sith Lord, as well as Naga Sadow, fled into the Unknown Regions. This unknown Sith is probably the Emperor.

The next timeline entry is the one I really have been looking forward to - Revan and Malak. I don't think they'd have it on the Holonet unless we were learning something new.

Don't get your hopes up, just in case the info is nothing new. Like you, I hope it is though!

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Wow, apparently this Sith Emperor is not only NOT Naga Sadow (thank ****ing God), but is also crazy intelligent. He has the sense as a Sith to make preemptive strikes on rival Sith, something most other Sith don't do.

If they hadn't ****ed over TSL's canon, I'd be entirely on board with this MMO.

The ominous cut to the Star Forge at the end suggests Revan and Malak, but if the Master was a third generation sith infiltrator, did his father or grandfather have any historical significance that caught and dragged Gnost's attention to the Star Forge?

I guess we'll find out in another month or 2. :¬:

At least we're getting closer to familiar territory, as the gap between KOTOR and TOR is almost bridged. FWIS, the next update is going to be a KOTOR recap.

I wonder if said update will canonize Revan's face. If so, there's prolly going to be a few flame wars and cries of outrage...

I'll take this as confirmation that at this time Jedi are indeed allowed to have sex. o_Q

It's probably going to be a "they can do it, but the average Jedi can't" type of thing. :indif:

no way will they ever canonize a face for Revan, even as a Light Jedi Master he wore a heavy hood at all times... Well imho anyway :)

Well, they gave the Exile an official face, so... :¬:

I'll take this as confirmation that at this time Jedi are indeed allowed to have sex. o_Q

Well, not at this particular time, but they're talking about an earlier period when the Jedi were allowed to be married in most circles (I firmly believe that the thing with Bastila was unique to the Dantooine enclave at that point in history, and was not universally accepted). This isn't new: we see married Jedi with families in the Tales of the Jedi comics all over the place.

Didn't Lucas say one time that the whole no sex thing for the Jedi was a misunderstanding and that they were allowed? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

He said something along the lines of "the Jedi aren't really celibate." I take that to mean that they aren't celibate for the sake of being celibate, but that it's simply a part of detachment. They're not against the concept of marriage or anything like that, they just don't partake of it themselves because of their philosophy of detachment.

In no way does that mean that the Jedi are free to have casual sex. That seems a little out-of-sync with the way of the Jedi, doesn't it? If they've ruled out marriage because it can potentially lead to the dark side (in very rare cases), how much more would a lose lifestyle open the door to the dark path?

He said something along the lines of "the Jedi aren't really celibate." I take that to mean that they aren't celibate for the sake of being celibate, but that it's simply a part of detachment. They're not against the concept of marriage or anything like that, they just don't partake of it themselves because of their philosophy of detachment.

I think you are right, it sounds familiar. Thank you!

In no way does that mean that the Jedi are free to have casual sex. That seems a little out-of-sync with the way of the Jedi, doesn't it? If they've ruled out marriage because it can potentially lead to the dark side (in very rare cases), how much more would a lose lifestyle open the door to the dark path?

Good point.

Wait a second

This confirms that the Sith Emperor is centuries old. How. The amount of force sensitive species that can live past a hundred years in Star Wars can probably be counted on less than 1 hand, so he is either not human or a human who has somehow found a way to live waaaay past his expiration date.

Darth Krayt had found a similar method it seems, he is at least 185 at his "Last Appearance" in the Legacy Comics, and he is Human.
Yup, was going to give that very example myself. :)

And otherwise, well, there are a few species that can become very old. There's those Yoda things, of course, but there also that species Odan-Urr (from Tales of the Jedi) belongs to. The guy was like a 1,000 years old. You can find a few more species who can become pretty old.

And there's that Jedi human who was with the Covenant in the KotOR comics and survived for 4,000 years by going into some kind of sarcophagus. There's always some way to live longer than nature intended in the SW universe.

Archived