Home

GamePro Cover for May 4th features Force Unleashed 2

Harkonnen07

214934-1.jpg?rand=8FF23BC7-A17F-733E-26EEF8C92DD682B2

The June 2010 issue of GamePro ships to subscribers this week, and fittingly, given the cover subject will be on newsstands May 4. (C'mon... you don't get that joke? May the fourth be with you?)

Our cover story is an exclusive look behind the scenes at Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2. The game's leads, Haden Blackman and Julio Torres discuss their vision for the franchise, the problems with the original, its critical reception, and the challenges of developing new storylines in the Star Wars universe. We also learn why feathered hats, Wookiee-based superhero games and daddy issues were instrumental in the creation of the new franchise.

We may finally be getting some news on the game.

Sweet! Thanks for sharing Harkonnen07

To add to this topic Star Wars Insider #117, last page, previews the next issue to feature TFU2.

What it says about it> "STARKILLER STRIKES BACK! THE MAKING OF STAR WARS: THE FORCE UNLEASHED 2"

SWI #118

US Newsstands: June 16

UK Newsstands: June 24

THEFORCE UNLEASHEDII4.JPG

THEFORCE UNLEASHEDII6.JPG

THEFORCE UNLEASHEDII9.JPG

THEFORCE UNLEASHEDII8.JPG

THEFORCE UNLEASHEDII12.JPG

THEFORCE UNLEASHEDII10.JPG

Here's a rough translation from what I saw on the one site with the pics.

"You're still not started to run towards the booth nearest to you to buy the magazine? Not good, because it's worth, at least for the magnificent double-sided poster, with Starkiller and Vader who are posing on Kamino. Level Info: This new album will correct the mistakes of the previous (as usual!). History: Vader wants to keep his apprentice Jedi favorite despite the incidents of the first game, and decides to ... cloned! On Kamino, Gaalen Maarek (the EU enthusiasts understand) learns the truth of the mouth (or respirator) Vader. Normal, have memories of a life that has not experienced (Juno. ..), it must be weird. And what would happen, happened: he fled (and en route, he will probably kill half a million Stormtroopers). The program also, and Cato Neimoidia gladiatorial arena (with the huge corny the trailer, the Morloch). Starkiller will begin searching for the unknown beauty of his memories, Juno, and to succeed, it needs the help of General Kota, who would rather hire more killing machine for the Rebels. No wonder ... And finally, the best quality images, it's here:"

It looks like he is fighting like Komari Vosa...

I'd like to say that I know who that is, but my knowledge of the EU isn't as large as I'd like.

I'm glad he is only a clone, otherwise the story wouldn't make any sense.

I agree, it's the best solution.

Even though that a clone is the best solution, I still have to shake my head over the clone obsession.

Yeah...they do seem to be milking that for all its worth, but given that Palpatine had multiple clones of himself if you read the books I'm not surprised that this is the route they went. It really is the only "sensible" way to bring Galen back.

Even though that a clone is the best solution, I still have to shake my head over the clone obsession.

Right now I think Lucas Arts is sort of under the gun to produce something until the TV show gets underway. Seems to me they are simply resorting to anything that gets hype, regardless if it means doing something as desperate as cloning Starkiller.

• 2 weeks later...

Man did you guys read everything in the Gamepro? They don't say directly "He is a clone in this game"

My hope is that it's not a clone because Starkiller is a great character and playing as a 'copy' of him would be weird. But just look at the evidence that Starkiller being a clone isn't set in stone.

Quotes from the article:

"Starkiller can't bring himself to strike Juno down, and he doesn't know understand why. Vader then tells Starkiller that he's a clone and that the accelerated cloning process to re-create him so quickly has gone wrong, and that's why he's having trouble."

He "tells" him that he's a clone. This wouldn't be the first time for Vader to lie to Starkiller.

"Vader also reveals that there have been a number of clones before him, and all of the previous copies have gone mad.

Okay, maybe so, but that doesn't mean the Starkiller that Vader's telling this to is a clone too. Vader could just be telling him this because he's probably tried making clones using Starkiller as a template but they've failed, and since Starkiller doesn't know at the moment what's true or not Vader tells him this information just to sell the deception.

"But all Starkiller wants to do is find Juno and find some clarity on whether he really is a clone or whether he's really mentally unstable."

See, there's the question if he is or not. They're not telling if he is or not so we shouldn't immediately assume he's a clone for 100% sure.

"The daddy issues continue when Kota casts doubt on whether Starkiller's really a clone, revealing that no one has ever successfully cloned a Jedi. "Kota gets very frustrated during this exchange and starts to chide Starkiller for wanting to go and meditate and shirk his responsibilities to the Alliance," Blackman says."

Kota has doubt that Starkiller's a clone and says that nobody's cloned a Jedi right before. And he 'reveals' this information, which may show that the player is supposed to believe Starkiller to be a clone at first but then it's revealed that he isn't one. This idea of mine can backfire since it says Kota gets frustrated, which says he chides Starkiller for wanting to meditate, kinda jumped there out of nowhere/ My first interpretation of his frustration was he was like " *kota thinks to himself* "Could he really be a clone?" " or something like that.

"Though it takes place only six months after the events of the original game, the narrative gives a real sense that Starkiller is a more powerful force - and a more mature character, too."

If it was a clone, it wouldn't make sense AT ALL as to WHY that Starkiller gives the sense that he's more powerful and more mature, it just wouldn't make sense. Think about this, Vader trained Starkiller from a little boy to an adult in the story from the first game for him to get as powerful as he was at the point where Starkiller is sent to kill Rahm Kota at the Tie Fighter facility, pretty much Starkiller's whole life. Then as the story progressed he becomes much more powerful. He then "dies" in the canon ending. Well, in TFU2, how in the world would a clone, who's had AT THE MOST 6 months training under Vader feel more powerful than the original from TFU1, who's had I don't really know but I'll estimate 15-?? years training. There's no possible way, how do you explain that? That's even more unbelievable than Starkiller not dying in at the end of TFU1 and returning in TFU2. So, it must be the ORIGINAL, not a clone.

We don't know who's right, Me or everyone else, but I'd say that at this point, it's a 50% chance it's the original Starkiller and another 50% that says he's a clone, we won't know for sure until later this year, and when the game comes out. I just hope I'm right, since it would be more interesting to me, and I hope other people see my way of thinking.

My question about the matter is, since he was "cloned" on Kamino, how could he be at the same age in only six months? Isn't the cloning facilities on Kamino only capable of cloning a person 2x the normal growth? So if Vader cloned Starkiller right away and TFU2 is six months later this would make the clone only 1 year old!

Sounds fishy to me.

Archived