Home

Dak's WIPs

Dak Drexl

Thread revived!

SO... picking up where we left off, I'm starting work on the animation project that the test above is from (cringing at it currently :p).

Here's a render of one of the ships that will be participating (you need to be logged in to see):

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
picture.php?albumid=802&pictureid=9362

I didn't model the ship, I just did some stuff to make it look pretty ;)

More to come!

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BSG, no? Looks amazing! Just such a refreshing, cheery thing to see you posting again. :)

Yeah I think it's BSG (not familiar with it at all) but I just thought it was a great looking ship haha. But thanks dude.

I unfortunately couldn't see any of the animation in post 273. Sorry that I missed seeing that.

Don't bother haha. It's pretty ugly.

Any news on the skinning of that Star Trek rifle?

Still modeling! I'll post another picture soon :)

• 3 weeks later...

So I decided to re-start the Star Trek rifle because I really didn't like the direction it was taking. So now I'm trying to make a low-poly version and I'll probably add some detail after it's all modeled. Here's what I have so far, the base model is almost done:

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=802&pictureid=9383

Haven't had any time really to do much else, but I'll be on break after this week so I'll be able to work on a bunch of stuff, especially the Hawk animation :thmbup1:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks both of you!

Working on the animation... been mostly trying to get the look of the whole thing right which is taking a little while, but here's a little test shot of the Hawk in action so you can see what I've been working on:

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=802&pictureid=9405

Comments and criticisms welcome! Thanks.

Haha I know I haven't gotten there yet... Stars are a bit harder than I imagined but I have a good way of doing it once I get the animation/camera moves finalized. After that most of the other shots will come quicker since ill be able to re-use the elements like the stars.

I can't see any of the pictures.... :/ But I think I'm the only one. Weird.

EDIT: I can't see them for any thread, it turns out. I just installed a new operating system, Win 7, and they've been gone since then. Sorry to be so off-topic, but is there driver or plug-in the forum engine uses for the "spoiler" function?

I can't see any of the pictures.... :/ But I think I'm the only one. Weird.

EDIT: I can't see them for any thread, it turns out. I just installed a new operating system, Win 7, and they've been gone since then. Sorry to be so off-topic, but is there driver or plug-in the forum engine uses for the "spoiler" function?

I dunno haha. All I know is that you have to be logged in to see them, but you obviously are logged in :p so I guess I'm not much help...

I never had any trouble with Win 7 though.

Dak, I have some great news! I was going through some old emails and I came across those Republic Station modules! Since you don't have a real computer - I figure I'll take the reigns until you can come back to the forefront. I'm going to try to get as close as I can to the original, with your overview of course. And by original, I mean original, like, with the Republic Academy in the Davik's Estate-esque module instead of on the station. :)

Movie looks really good by the way!

Dak, I have some great news! I was going through some old emails and I came across those Republic Station modules! Since you don't have a real computer - I figure I'll take the reigns until you can come back to the forefront. I'm going to try to get as close as I can to the original, with your overview of course. And by original, I mean original, like, with the Republic Academy in the Davik's Estate-esque module instead of on the station.

I still have the voice overs for the interrogator and the commander, if they still fit in with everything.

Dak, I have some great news! I was going through some old emails and I came across those Republic Station modules! Since you don't have a real computer - I figure I'll take the reigns until you can come back to the forefront. I'm going to try to get as close as I can to the original, with your overview of course. And by original, I mean original, like, with the Republic Academy in the Davik's Estate-esque module instead of on the station. :)

Movie looks really good by the way!

Hey man, that's awesome - feel free to do whatever you want with them whether you want to try to re-do my old mod or not - it would be cool to see what you can come up with :)

Well, here's proof that I refound the old files. I'm making the East Wing/Shuttle Bay from scratch, with my own touch to it.

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=637&pictureid=9425

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=637&pictureid=9426

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=637&pictureid=9427

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=637&pictureid=9428

Unfortunately, the only textures I don't have are the Republic Station (the ones Dak made). I have almost all the others. As for character models...I have their textures, not the models.

It feels a bit weird posting stuff of someone else's mod onto their WIP thread. Haha.

I couldn't find the window texture so I found one that looked similar. But no matter what texture I replace the original windows with, they are transparent.

• 2 weeks later...

Still working on this bad boy... took a step back and checked out the shot I about finished, but I decided to make some tweaks. It's about done now :thmbup1:

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=802&pictureid=9434

I'm not happy with the way the stars are looking but feedback and suggestions are appreciated!

Archived