Home

Dak's WIPs

Dak Drexl

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Love the swords and the skins!

The blue on LDR's commando seems a little too saturated, though. Perhaps make it more metallic and silver/gray?

Thanks! Well LDR's blue skin has been replaced with the blue skin you see above.

Also, another Sith skin - the leader of the ship you board:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
picture.php?albumid=714&pictureid=8178

Keep in mind that all these Sith skins will be wearable armors that you get in the mod.

Also, I decided I'm going to make a sword pack because I'm having fun making them. There's no theme or anything to the pack, just making ones that look cool. Made 2 more so far:

Show spoiler

picture.php?albumid=714&pictureid=8180

picture.php?albumid=714&pictureid=8179

HOLY .....!!!!! Why must I be cursed with no modeling ability and you are blessed with such great skill?! Well these look AMAZING. Can't wait for the pack to release.

I used to think the same thing but just practice. I'm honestly not good at all, I just have enough patience with the program to make the shapes I need. That's all you really need to do (get the shape right). Be sure to look up some general gmax/3ds tutorials on youtube, even if it isn't kotor related. I'm sure I'll see your stuff up soon :thmbup1:

I've got a little update. It's my pleasure so say that Zhaboka will be voicing Dak. He's sent me some samples that were real top-notch, so I went ahead and put them in-game. I decided to make a video so I can share it with you. Now, I used fraps to record the video and it only lets me take 30 seconds and the audio also lags like 10 seconds behind for some reason so I had to patch it up so it's all together. You can obviously see the video is not perfect (and it also cuts off at the end) but I think it serves its purpose to show you guys Dak coming alive!

Also, SithSpecter was nice enough to let me use his beret model for Dak (IMO RSF=beret).

Enjoy!

Show spoiler
th_DaksIntroVideo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going away for a little whlie so I thought I'd leave with a small update. These are screens from a mission where Dak's squad (well it starts with 2 of them and you pick up Blix on the planet as seen in the screens) rescues Dak's brother, Galen, who crashed on the planet Nilban. Nilban is a snowy planet that has a native warrior species. I won't say much else :D

Show spoiler

picture.php?albumid=714&pictureid=8236

picture.php?albumid=714&pictureid=8238

picture.php?albumid=714&pictureid=8239

picture.php?albumid=714&pictureid=8234

picture.php?albumid=714&pictureid=8235

The only other thing I have to say is that I'm working on trying to turn the hanging vines into icicles but I'm having some trouble. Anyway, I think you all will enjoy Blix :)

Archived