Dak's WIPs

Dak Drexl

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Consider it fixed.

One of the many new item skins:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

Republic Fighter Pilot Uniform

pilotskin.jpg

Oh, I made one of my own too. But I think that yours looks especially nice, better than mine anyways.

Show spoiler

flightsuit.jpg

Just a few quick pics of the latest module...

Show spoiler
pilbrtest.jpg

And the merchant who inhabits this module is my personal favorite merchant in the mod with (I think) 12 totally new items made by both SithSpecter and myself:

Show spoiler
pilmertest.jpg

pilmertest2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Dropping by to show some pics of some stuff. Haven't had much to show lately because it's just been adding scripts and fun things like that ;)

But anyway some new items you might look to buy:

Show spoiler
recruit_items1.jpg

recruititems2.jpg

And also a little part of a sidequest... if I showed any more I'd spoil the whole end:

Show spoiler
ventrapic.jpg

All in all the mod is about 80% done. All there is to do is add scripts and VOs and then work on the last sidequest.

Feedback and new ideas are welcome since I'm mostly waiting on stuff. Also I still need voice actors!! Thanks a lot.

Placeables use bearing rather than x,y orientation. You will have to use the whereami armband to get the correct bearing you want.

You can also download a niffty little tool GloveMaster made, it easely converts degrees to bearing coords and vice versa. Like that you don't have to start up the game all the time to check out small stuff like this.

Mighty handy if you're modding TSL, since that doesn't have a visible console like K1 :-)

Dak, great job! The Republic Jedi Robe reminds me of the Jedi Crusader Robe from BOS:SR, so I assume that's where you got the inspiration? I won't mind voicing the Sith Commander for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to greatly increase the weapon stock, especially with Stark...

Show spoiler

recruititems2-1.jpg

starkind.jpg

starkind2.jpg

Other than re-doing Dak's gun and making a couple swords for some enemies I'm not planning on modeling anymore but if someone has something they're dying to have I could probably make it happen if it's reasonable.

Thoughts are appreciated :)

Thanks guys. I do need voice actors, what's your gender and what does your voice sound like? Do you tend to like to voice any certain type of character?

I'm a 16 year old male, and I have a rather average voice that you could possibly use for one of the heroes, but it seems with very little effort, I can do a fairly warm deep voice for any NPC or for a villain.

No real preferences as to what I'd like to play.

• 1 month later...

Well it's been a little while I guess... no real news on the recruit mod, just still populating modules and doing VO's. Boring stuff :¬:

In other news I made an enclave sublevel module for k1 (pics to come) that I'm thinking to release as sort of a modders resource for anyone who wants to make a mod out of it.

Just to show something, I got 3ds and am playing with rendering. This one sucks I know but it's still fun :p

http://minus.com/m4Xr7B3HI

It's a sword I modeled for Fallen Guardian's mod based off of Aragorn's original sword from the LoTR movies.

EDIT: Figured out how to do it nicely, tell me what you think of my first proper render!

http://minus.com/mKL16IynB

• 2 weeks later...
...uh.

wow.

so, how can I get my hands on 3ds anyway..?

Hey and thanks again for the donation Dak!

Lol. We can talk about it if you want ;) I just love it because I can do awesome renders like above (just figured out the mirror effect today). Any no problem thanks for including it!

Thanks everyone else too.

Well, well, progress on the recruit mod is starting up again! Since I haven't done anything for a while I thought I'd give myself a challenge.... so after a couple hours of struggling with this thing, I got one of Quanon's great area models to work in-game. I'm in the process of reskinning it now, it'll be the first area of Nilban in one of the sidequests mentioned earlier...

Show spoiler

swkotor2011-09-1317-48-31-53.jpg

swkotor2011-09-1317-49-08-47.jpg

swkotor2011-09-1317-49-36-91.jpg

swkotor2011-09-1317-49-36-91.jpg

I know the ice texture isn't right yet; I'm going for like an ice pillar thing. I'll get it eventually :p everything else that looks weird will be changed too. I'll probably do some grey rock instead of brown, or maybe even entirely made of ice. I dunno :xp:

Also can't figure out the skybox yet, but whatever.

Well, suggestions are appreciated!

Archived