Home

Dragon Age Origins: Go, TEAM!!!

Tysyacha

Whom do you want on your Dragon Age TEAM? :)  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Whom do you want on your Dragon Age TEAM? :)

• Alistair (and/or his Templar Sword)
    • Morrigan (and/or her Magical Orbs)
    • Leliana (and/or her Un-forbidden Fruit)
    • Sten (the Medieval Mand'alor)
    • Zevran (and/or his Antivan Dagger)
    • Dog (Did anyone leave his name as "Dog"?)
    • Wynne (full name: Wyndalf)
    • Oghren (the Paragon of Sobriety--NOT!!!)
    • Loghain (ZOMG WHAT?!? WHY?!?)
    • Shale (the Golem I Don't Know How the Heck to Recruit)

My favorites are:

Shale - (s)he's the HK-47 of Dragon Age. 'Nuff said.

Wynne - her nagging may be annoying, but the usefulness of her healing spells negates that flaw.

Loghain - it's Simon Templeman (those who played the Legacy of Kain game series know what I'm talking about) and besides, he's more useful than "Ooops, I'm dead again" Alistair.

Of course, these votes are based on their actual usefulness in combat. If we were to talk about them as characters, then the list of favorites would be longer and slightly different. ;)

My current set-up:

-Leliana (DEADLY. As full archer/bard...arrow of slaying..damn)

- Morrigan (Healer with little support tricks. Leliana - Morrigan dialogue is hilarious)

- Shale. (Epic side quest, 2x Allistairs HP. Sarcasm. Cool.

I suppose my favorite party members in Dragon Age are Alister, Leliana, Shale, and Morrigan. Wynne is good too, but that's mainly because she's a healer. If your character is a Mage, and is a Spirit Healer, then Wynne is practical useless in terms of combat.

Who are your favorite teammate(s) in Dragon Age: Origins? :) My votes are for a certain qunari, a certain elven assassin, and a certain slobbering furry friend.

Shale - Lots of versatility with different skill tiers, can switch from melee brawler to caster to defender on the fly. Fun dialog for comic relief.

The dog - so ugly he becomes cute. Once he gets Overwhelm he can take down enemy casters or other priority targets with ease. Finds you a variety of junk, some more useful than others. :)

Leliana - nutty/crazy but still has her charms once you get used to her. Deadly with a bow once she gets Aim, Scattershot and Arrow of Slaying.

Zevran - Flamboyantly funny in a roguish way. Handy for scouting ahead and disabling traps and backstabbing priority targets dead before the fight starts.

Haven't had Loghain in the party so don't know how he is once you get to know him better beyond what you see along the main plot.

(Wynne gets bonus points for being able to solo the High Dragon with the rest of the party knocked out, running on AI Tactics alone with no player intervention, using an entirely defensive/healing spell setup. Sure took a while, but eventually she wanded the bugger to death with her staff while the dragon was unable to keep her wounded for long :))

Alistair - max out his shield skills ASAP and get him in Blood Dragon Armor and he's by far the best tank in the game (and his Holy Smite is awesome).

Morrigan - better fighting mage than Wynne, although I like Wynne (as a primarily healing mage) as well. Sometimes early in the game, when characters are more fragile, I'll take Wynne instead.

Zevran- Love his banter and he makes a good second DPS party member and a decent second archer. Leliana would be my other option, though I mainly take her to hear her talk to Morrigan about clothes and shopping.

I also love Dog and find him hard to leave behind(I have to try the Dog as a fifth party member mod). Unfortunately, being a dog, he doesn't have a ranged attack which often doesn't suit my preferred combat style.

Alistair Onasi, of the House of Olenko - A little Goody-two-shoes with a troubled past that I don't care about.

Morrigan Shan, of the House of Lawson - The overly work-focussed, bitchy Nietzschean whose primary office in your party is to nitpick at every decision you make, while knowing that you can slaughter her, or leave her in the middle of a large pit anytime in your travels.

Leliana d'Arc, of the House of Mission nar'Rayya - The pious follower of the light who was formerly a spy and now balances both things, and she is French because everyone knows how French people are all hot lesbians.

Sten, of the House of British Submachineguns - The stalwart and taciturn muscle of the party who is also a psychotic killer and likes cookies because it is completely hilarious to have a large psychotic killer like something as innocent as a cookie. Aww.

Zevran, of the House of Foreigner Bisexuals - The hot dual-weilding assassin with a surreptious accent, who was bought from the slave market as a kid and abused, and so he's bisexual guys.

Dog, of the House of RPG Doggies - He's the most sexually appealing character of the party.

Wynne, of the House of Old Women - The old woman who is powerful, but physically weak and you are carrying her around... for some reason. Ah yes, you wait patiently for when Kreia appears, kicks her ass, delivers an objectivist quote and leaves as the place sets on fire.

Oghren Wrex, of the House of Tuchanka - The unthinking drunken dwarf who weilds an axe and kills people and cracks lewd jokes about it. Oh how edgy.

Loghain - I didn't get this far.

Shale XLVII, of the House of Funny Constructs - A golem with a dry sense of humour, almost breaks the fourth wall, enjoys organic suffering and can be dressed up just like Barbie.

I haven't played DAO in a while but will be getting back into it soon when I get my new monitor. I had just recruited ZevranBanderas but most commonly cart around Leilana, Alistair and Morrigan. Alistair has said some pretty funny things, and although Morrigan is extremely irritating with her hippie advice (let everyone run free man...........) she is proving useful as a teammate so far.

I hate dogs so have not used that mutt much at all. I want a freakin' enchanted panther, not muttley :p

Dogs.......Pffft

drizzt_guenhwyvar.jpg

Zevran....with a surreptious accent, who was bought from the slave market as a kid and abused...bisexual

very interesting.. either a total rip off or an homage to Armand from Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, who was played by Antonio Banderas in the movie version of Interview with the Vampire

mtfbwya

First of all, Sabretooth, Leliana is clearly bisexual. Second, actually, no, it was just the one thing.

Leliana (I'm not sure if Zevran can also pick locks)

Wynne (can Morrigan revive party members?)

Either Alistair, Oghren or Shale

Alistair Onasi, of the House of Olenko - A little Goody-two-shoes with a troubled past that I don't care about.

Morrigan Shan, of the House of Lawson - The overly work-focussed, bitchy Nietzschean whose primary office in your party is to nitpick at every decision you make, while knowing that you can slaughter her, or leave her in the middle of a large pit anytime in your travels.

Leliana d'Arc, of the House of Mission nar'Rayya - The pious follower of the light who was formerly a spy and now balances both things, and she is French because everyone knows how French people are all hot lesbians.

Sten, of the House of British Submachineguns - The stalwart and taciturn muscle of the party who is also a psychotic killer and likes cookies because it is completely hilarious to have a large psychotic killer like something as innocent as a cookie. Aww.

Zevran, of the House of Foreigner Bisexuals - The hot dual-weilding assassin with a surreptious accent, who was bought from the slave market as a kid and abused, and so he's bisexual guys.

Dog, of the House of RPG Doggies - He's the most sexually appealing character of the party.

Wynne, of the House of Old Women - The old woman who is powerful, but physically weak and you are carrying her around... for some reason. Ah yes, you wait patiently for when Kreia appears, kicks her ass, delivers an objectivist quote and leaves as the place sets on fire.

Oghren Wrex, of the House of Tuchanka - The unthinking drunken dwarf who weilds an axe and kills people and cracks lewd jokes about it. Oh how edgy.

Loghain - I didn't get this far.

Shale XLVII, of the House of Funny Constructs - A golem with a dry sense of humour, almost breaks the fourth wall, enjoys organic suffering and can be dressed up just like Barbie.

This entire post is full of awesome.

Yes okay but the lesson remains that Catholic-dominated countries are populated by sexual deviants.

He's on a roll! :D

Archived