Home

The Clone Wars - Season 4

Alexrd

If the Clones didn't have really bad "Australian" accents then I'd be fine with it... but the fact that the dude who played Jango Fett, Temuera Morrison is a New Zealander makes the accent problem even worse since it should at least be a bad New Zealand accent.

How does the kiwi accent differ?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ adamqd: Pretty much.

Australian accent then New Zealand accent right after it from 1:11 to 1:25.

Sometimes the Clones can pull off a bad kiwi accent, but other times it's clearly Australian. Though this is mostly due to the fact that they're trying to give each clone their own personality in the series... but I still find it annoying since for me it's very noticeable.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes well I'm aware of that, I wanted to know the specifics.

American: What are you talkin about?

Canadian: What are you talkin aboot, eh?

Sorry lol, had to. But joking aside, I'm not a Linguist, But I know Canadians get arsy about being called Americans by Foreigners the same way Australians sometimes get called English...

Both Canada & the USA have regional accents and usages, Someone from Newfoundland certainly doesn't sound like someone from Calgary or Northern Ontario.

Someone from Brooklyn sounds very different from Texas or California or Georgia.

• 2 weeks later...

According to a lady who was lucky enough to win a lunch with him at Comic-Con, Timothy Zahn has expressed his interest in writing an episode or two of The Clone Wars - nothing confirmed yet, but it would be awesome if he did.

We promised to carry more than a couple of topics to our graves, but a few things were left open. I'm jazzed about this one: Mr. Zahn expressed an interest in writing an episode or a three story arc for The Clone Wars.

Archived