Home

XWA One Year Thread Part VII: Shadows of the Forum

went camping with the wife last weekend. I biked 30 miles to the campsite along trails, while my wife took the car and started setting up. It was humid and hot when we got to our site friday. Saturday was better but we got rain in the late morning and after supper. Both showers were brief.

Overall it was a pleasant experience.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Dad is closing on his house. Starting a new phase of his life after my Mom passed away. He is going to be going to Oshkosh then planning eventually on moving to florida. Maybe living in a small RV. As he said "In case he gets tired of where he is"

Getting my EAA membership then pre-ordering my tickets for the worlds LARGEST airshow, AirVenture in Oshkosh Wisconsin

Airventure lasts a whole week. The airport busier then O'hare and only operates from sunup to sundown. It has Airshow performances every late afternoon, including a night airshow saturday. Dayton airshow lasts only two days

Airventure > Dayton, OH

found out i can go to gym in the armory anytime before 4pm. hell yes.

playing TOR alot now, semi-forced server transfer worked out for me, since the server that the LF guild Meatbags, was on Vornskr and semi-forced to transfer to 'The Harbinger' as well. :) Level 42. Loving the storyline, love playing my Sniper, love that i can now easily get into groups, and there are more than 5 people on a planet now...more like 50-70. Very happy.

Going for the recruitment & retention ribbon for the National Guard, my one buddy is taking the asvab sometime next week. Hopefully he can get in. I got better at my situps, pushups, and run, so probably going to take an APFT before my next drill.

Really looking forward to my deployment, got plans to successfully live like a king when I get back. meaning, i won't have to stress about working or having a street-legal vehicle. If it all works out, I will be able to pay my rent up to the next 2-3 years (though i will probably make separate account for that and just have it directly deposited into landlord's account each month in case i decide to move somewhere else)

Still working at walmart, I may have a meeting about my hours tomorrow, hours that i called off on. =\ not like i don't make it up with customer satisfaction and doing like 5 different departments jobs when i'm there. There's never meetings on how good i do, it's more like 'oh you did such a good job, we want to just call you in the office to thank you for taking such good care of our customers, however, this is the devil's business and we can't have none of that!' lmfao

It's not the heat... it's the... no, wait... it IS the heat! Ugh!

Barely slept last night. My room was hot and humid enough to bake bread in... so I tried to sleep in one of the recliners in the cellar... where it's about 20 degrees cooler than the rest of the house. I managed to get some sleep... but not much... and now I feel like I was rolling in a gravel and bolder field.

I guess I really should have installed and fired up the AC units yesterday...

I dreamed that I was in Hawaii, and that Michael J. Fox was trying to steal my car and shoot me.

neener neener neener. My house has central air.

Death is far too kind a fate for the likes of you...

But it will have to do for now.

:dozey:

Actually, mom doesn't want the AC units... The heat isn't bothering her this year for some reason.

And since I almost never spend time there anymore, she kinda gets the say in the matter.

The GF and kids were visiting family all week... Which is really the only reason I was there for the last couple of days.

Helped me Dad today move some junk out of the house. 1 Trip to the dump, 2 Trips to the storage unit, and loaded up the trailer with another load of trash. He let me take some power tools and most of the spare parts for the 1976 Honda CB125S motorcycle his is going to give me. It's so old it doesn't have turn signals

Bowled today, this time w/ the BFF and a classmate I've only gotten to know since the run-up to my 25th reunion. Didn't get my 6, but I did have a clean 217 second game, which the classmate, who hadn't seen me bowl until today, was impressed with. :)

Archived