Home

XWA One Year Thread Part VII: Shadows of the Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
moral quandary? do tell.

Kind of a long story, but basically, she has a boyfriend. She met him when he was here visiting a friend about six months ago, and I guess they kept in touch and started dating. But she lives here in Maryland, and he's from Georgia. So they really weren't able to see each other much. And he joined the army shortly before they met, and now he's leaving for Germany, where he is being stationed. So obviously I don't want to interfere with that, but I do want to position myself in case it turns out the distance or whatever is hard for them to deal with. So I want to get to know her better, but without crossing that line. Or getting myself friend zone'd.

If he was a jerk it might be different, but he seems like a really nice guy. She was telling me about how all the guys had treated her horribly in high school and college, and this was the first guy who was ever nice to her and stuff.

I was trying to ask her out before they even met, but the guy's friend who lives here kept getting the way :dozey:

well at least you're respectful. :) me on the other hand, potentially going to go show this girl that thinks she's katie perry (wants to join marines) how to improve on her run before she goes to boot camp. however, she has a boyfriend. gonna make things easier on her at basic/boot camp and possibly break them up. :joy:

I went to a friend's wedding this weekend. It was a good time... but it can put a bit of uncomfortable focus on your own relationship when you attend with your significant other.

Birthday tomorrow. Ugh. :(

But at least I can finally use all the Hitchhiker's Guide "42" quotes this time around.

I went to a friend's wedding this weekend. It was a good time... but it can put a bit of uncomfortable focus on your own relationship when you attend with your significant other.

Birthday tomorrow. Ugh. :(

But at least I can finally use all the Hitchhiker's Guide "42" quotes this time around.

I think I saw a couple of photos of you from it on FB...who knew you looked good in a suit? :)

I clean up nice.

But I hate wearing suits and dress clothes... Or pretty much anything with a collar and long sleeves with cuffs.

And pants that are made from a material flimsier than denim. And shoes you can't comfortably run or climb in. Or anything that has to be dry cleaned and pressed or ironed to get wrinkles out of it.

So... In other words: everybody always tells me how good I look dressed up... But I almost always hate every second of it.

@Keyan. Don't bother. If she is pinning for a guy that was nice to her and is now thousands of miles away you wont have much luck. right now he is perfect in every way to her, even if reality says otherwise. she can start pointing out all your flaws and how you cannot compare to her fantasy boyfriend.

gonna go take my apft. hopefully i pass it this time!!!

passed it!!! scored a 211, highest for me yet. lol

58 pushups, 48 situps, 16 minute 9 second 2 mile run.

gotta work on my situps, I'm happy that i improved since osut.

@Keyan. Don't bother. If she is pinning for a guy that was nice to her and is now thousands of miles away you wont have much luck. right now he is perfect in every way to her, even if reality says otherwise. she can start pointing out all your flaws and how you cannot compare to her fantasy boyfriend.

I've been the guy who was nice to a girl and was then thousands of miles away. Didn't stop the girl from getting interested in someone closer.

I like to imagine he was wearing his signature vest over the suit.
I, of all people, really should have a 3-piece suit, and just lose the jacket. And the tie. Just walk around like Han F-in' Solo...

I haven't owned one for years, however...

563961_385554008170488_2107374563_n.jpg

481207_384292508296638_1723043772_n.jpg

So far the birthday is OK. I am at work, however... and will be until late tonight... and that kinda sucks...

went on mini-road trip after my pt test with my one friend, to...Silent Hill. aka Centralia. it was awesome. it's more worth it to go in the winter though to see the steam coming out of the road. it was a fun trip, and i got a bad sunburn too. :)

Did 5 stops on the Tour De Pearl. At each stop I have to ride my Bicycle, and then order a Pearl Street Brewery beer. My wife ended up only drinking about half her beers, and i the rest. We did it over 4 hours.

Those that compete and complete the Tour get into a drawing for a $3000 custom made bike

Archived