Home

XWA One Year Thread Part VII: Shadows of the Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was at the AIA convention in D.C. today. Man, everything's on the cloud now. But no one can tell me what the cloud even is, or why I should care. They only know that I NEED IT NOW NOW NOW GO GO GO.

its just clusters of servers acting as one

I was at a MS event last thursday (17th) on the new cloud stuff, especially the 'private cloud' and Azure, basically an internal cloud cluster than hits MS's public cloud when you reach capactiy, its pretty neat stuff

its just clusters of servers acting as one

I was at a MS event last thursday (17th) on the new cloud stuff, especially the 'private cloud' and Azure, basically an internal cloud cluster than hits MS's public cloud when you reach capactiy, its pretty neat stuff

I was mainly amazed that the people trying to sell me on it could not give me a simple explanation of what it is. Back in my day, "cloud computing" meant "distributed computing". It seems marketing people have taken over the term and used it as a snazzier word for "network resources" now.

epically failed at donating plasma. bad reaction to it...it was like having my first blood test...flashing images of people around me, me screaming 'OMG IM GOING TO DIE HELP ME GOD!!! HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111' I'd have won an award on youtube. seriously.

Got a wheel bearing replaced on my car. Now they are telling me I should replace the drive shaft for $950 because of a noise they are hearing that I brought it in for twice (while it was under warranty) that they were unable to fix both times. F. That.
Yeah... I asked the guy at my shop to check my tire 6 months ago, and he told me they were fine. "Another couple of years, easy..."

Last month after I had that spring replaced, the same guy told me I should get all 4 replaced ASAP!!! PRIORITY ONE!!! OMG!!!!!!

Uhhh... yeah. :dozey:

It's not really high on my list of things at the moment.

So: Either he never looked at them 6 months ago and lied to me... or he's just looking for more business.

Either way, if they do get replaced anytime soon, it won't be at that shop.

I have a mechanic that I trust with my life. and has never let me down or tried to scam me. in fact, I had trouble with my car dying while driving, and even being hard to start. my mechanic found out it was faulty crank shaft sensor that cost $50.

I used to use a guy like that with my Audi.

The only problem with him was that he also owned and ran a semi-pro race team... So of his season was going well, it might be days before he would look at my car.

He had it locked up in his garage for well over a week one time while he was out west somewhere, and I couldn't get ahold of him.

But he did great work for cheap when he was around. But just not reliable enough to trust with a car I now need every day.

start letting others barrow it Nute

nah.... i would probably waste it playing Diablo 3

Had great time this morning in a game with Cracken. Tho he was rushing through while I was doing demo with my bouncing fireballs trying to unlock an achievement.

I have entirely too much spare time.

I'll take some!

Being in a relationship (with kids involved...) on top of my already crazy work hours, as well as being the sole provider/ caretaker of an elderly parent makes me long for the days when I could honestly bitch about not having enough to do to in my spare time keep my mind occupied.

The GF was busy with work all day yesterday, so I spent part of the day playing on the XBox, and got to level 26 in Skyrim. About halfway through the main storyline quest, I think.

Gonna try to get down to the Cape for the afternoon today. Maybe we'll stay over, and try to get back early tomorrow. I imagine the traffic coming back tonight will be BRUTAL.

got my time in on TOR yesterday, arrived at Tatooine. :) Going for a 2 mile morning run this morning. hoping the place i'm going isn't packed...forgot that today is the actual holiday...so idk. working 5-10 tonight. yay. :rolleyes: beats tomorrow's 12-9 shift.

didnt get the 2 miles in, stuff was going on at the park, went to the 3.5 mile track around the lake, started to run but my damn stop watch button didn't press and screwed me over, so i decided to do 60/120s (sprints) the whole way around. it was pretty good. i can feel a big difference from when i used to run, i feel alot lighter. lol.

lol it's very hot here too bro. wish it would be this temp year round!!!

Archived