Home

Hey Holowan!

Dak Drexl

Hey everyone, it's been a long time! It's great to see the community still up and running with lots of familiar faces and also a few new ones!

As everyone knows, it's sometimes tough to balance modding and other hobbies with thinks like school and work (real things!), and I had to give it up for a while and I think I forgot to tell people (sorry!)!

Anyway, here's where I am with the community now: I have no PC and no money, so I don't have access to KotOR and have no way to get it for Mac right now so that I can even play. Also, that means no modding and what's even worse is that all of my old mods and all of my old work was lost :(

I can make models though. And I need practice! I recently landed a solid internship at a great animation studio; I'm hoping to break into CG animation in the near future and I honestly have the great guys (and gals) of Holowan to thank; if it weren't for modding these great games, I would never have gotten into CG and honestly I'd have no clue where I'd be.

SOOOO if anyone wants any crazy models, feel absolutely free to ask on this thread. I'll be able to send .obj's that anyone will be able to import into Max and rig for the games. I'll be around on the forums again, so feel free to drop me a message!

Thanks everyone,

Dak

Edit:

I also wanted to take a minute and say that no matter what the ReadMe files in my mods say, you can use/modify them in any way you want - don't even worry about asking for my permission.

Thanks everybody, fun to be back!

Hey Dak, I'm sorta in the same waters... back from a myriad of distractions. (yep, real life can suck; and then you die :p). But now I'll mostly be doing models and graphic enhancements. I just hate hiatuses... gives me the feeling people get disappointed in me for not being active.

Haha I know what you mean. I feel even worse about the people I had do work for my mods that was lost, though.

Have you considering branching out and doing spaceships?

Hmm not really but why not? There is a great free resource for spaceships, Star Wars and non, here, but what did you have in mind?

Ok so here's where I am with the rifle, pretty much finished the stock:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
picture.php?albumid=802&pictureid=9337

Stuff like the trigger guard obviously need work though. This one is mid to high poly but really should be fine in-game.

Also thought it'd be fun to share some of my other work, here is a high-poly sword I just finished up:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
picture.php?albumid=802&pictureid=9336

Most likely too dense for the game (I think it's like ~6000 polys) but if anyone really likes it I can set up a lower-poly version that would run ok in the game (someone else would have to rig it though).

Thanks and more to come! :)

Archived