Home

Knights of the Old Republic III : The Jedi Masters 2.0 (beta)

Trex

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So my problem is like this...

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
I'm at the aid station, and I can't find Vima anywhere. I got all the stuff from her room. (Checked her storage container, got Rimi lightsaber and toy, got everything.) I don't even know where this "command center" is.

The thing is that I had already recruited Vimack/Rimi as my apprentice before even getting to the aid station. I've tried talking to her about her past, but it's just the same old dialogue with no new options.

Do I have to restart the game, or is there another option I'm missing.

Yeah, that bit is weird and bugged. I can't remember exactly what I did, but you can find some stuff in a room and then talk to Rimi on the ship. Then Vima shows up and says she'll help. Or something along those lines.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Encouted a Bug. Cannot get to main street on coruscant. crashes everytime?

01. In a attempt to delete the mod I activated steam to update my game and verified my files.....it updated one file. I then load the game back up, the mod was still active and decided to try again. this time it worked! maybe the file or maybe luck? lol

02. Having made it to main street i ran to find the memorial......the game seems stuck after Mandalores speech to his ppl :(

....Alas, it seems that the main street bug is still there, occured on leaving my apartment and the senate

• 3 weeks later...

Just started playing, but I found two bugs so far. The big one is that the game crashed after I left Onderon and I was shot down. The second bug is that the leader of The Company's lines kept cutting out before he finished talking. Game seems good so far besides those two things though.

Just started playing, but I found two bugs so far. The big one is that the game crashed after I left Onderon and I was shot down. The second bug is that the leader of The Company's lines kept cutting out before he finished talking. Game seems good so far besides those two things though.

The latter is something that I noticed a lot, not just then.

There is a huge bug on Etti IV. I was trying to defeat the guard droids in the apartments for the Czerka subquest, but none of them would die. They would go to 1% life and then they would become invincible. Is there a fix for this?

Edit 1: I was able to complete the quest by using a stealth field generator. Hope that this helps someone!

Hmm... It seems that I now have two game-breaking bugs. First off is that I now have two Kannos' and no Shadow. Second is that it appears everytime I try to recruit a second Apprentice it replaces the first one (I recruited Lolma first and then I tried to recruit Boran and he just replaced her. Tried using the other two but the same thing happened.) If there is a fix for either of these things I would love to know!

Hmm... It seems that I now have two game-breaking bugs. First off is that I now have two Kannos' and no Shadow. Second is that it appears everytime I try to recruit a second Apprentice it replaces the first one (I recruited Lolma first and then I tried to recruit Boran and he just replaced her. Tried using the other two but the same thing happened.) If there is a fix for either of these things I would love to know!

First one happens occasionally to me, doesn't always happen. It sorted itself actually, Second one is a new one on me.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, just thought Id share my bugs

-Vima not showing up at aid station, preventing you to take vimack as a DS apprentice

-After recruiting Lolma, she will show up on the Eagle but she does not appear at party selection

-Invincible droids in ettiIV

-When you sacrifice a certain person for a certain sith, you cannot exit the tomb

-Canderous sppech crash

Got a few more but those were the major ones

• 4 weeks later...

In the tomb where HK-47 and Canderous spawn you can't switch to Canderous at the beginning. Doing so will get you stuck in a room without doors. Stick to HK-47 and Canderous will spawn next to you in a few seconds.

I read somewhere that the Mandalorian quest and Shadow's quest are bugged. They said it would make you unable to complete the game if you completed their quests.

Gamebreaking bug:

At the endgame after you've been in the tomb with HK-47 and Canderous you have to search for escape pods with the doc. I opened the door to the engine deck with my lightsaber. When I go in the screen just goes black. I can open the menu, hear my lightsaber activate, but I can't see anything.

EDIT: Just noticed I can take another door to the right. That's it. Maybe it's better to lock the door that causes the bug.

• 2 months later...

I registered just to be able to write in this topic, and then I mess up my display settings and can't find anything... urgh.

Anyway, to business:

I've found a bug when I try to leave Freedon Nadd's tomb. The door is just a black spot, and I can't leave.

If I'm not perfectly wrong, that happens when you load a savegame that has been made after Freedon Nadd tells you to run away if you can, but before you actually get out of the tomb (...obviously, otherwise you wouldn't try to leave the tomb). Happened to me, anyway. Loading a savegame that has been made BEFORE you talk to Nadd seems to work all right.

A sort-of-a buglist I have found:

Show spoiler
  • Coruscant: Mical says he will be on the ship, but he doesn't show up there (or maybe I'm just blind, hmm).
  • M4-78-B: I also seem to be unable to mess up the reactor on M4-78-B... or at least was before I tweaked the console's .dlg file (though I'm really green at modding, so I might just have messed things even more...) You might want to check the condition for "Press random buttons". It looks... weird. I mean, if there is an item called "m4thefs", where it is... and why there is a global called "mettheffs", if it's not used anywhere?
  • Rhen Var: The lightsaber you build in Rhen Var, if you follow the path of the Jedi, doesn't have a colour crystal (or whatever it is called, the piece that gives the colour of the blade, anyway). If it's intended to be that way, it would be nice to have a mention of it in that lightsaber's description. I mean, it's not a big deal, just a bit confusing.
  • Etti IV: Canderous doesn't give his "enemy worthier than Revan" line when you talk with the mandalorian merchant on Etti IV asking him to come to Coruscant.
  • The Eagle: Every time you check that security record, which has Revan saying "Yes, Canderous?", a new lightsaber-carrying Canderous wearing only underwear appears next to Revan.
  • The Eagle: And every time you talk to Rimi after she's out of the cage, a new instance of her appears around that cage. I haven't checked if it is a particular line of the conversation that causes this, or is it only talking to her, though.
  • Miscellaneous: VO/ST mismatches here and there, at least the mandalorian on Coruscant landing area and one of the mercenaries on Jannacks (can't remember which one, and I'm not able to check right now) say perfectly different thing than their text line says. Also, for some really weird reason, the subtitle of Revan's "you have approached me" (the first thing he says when you talk to him when he is in your party) doesn't show up.

I have a feeling I forgot something... well, I'll re-report, if I remember what it was and/or if I find something new.

//Edit. Ah yes, of course. Let me continue...

Show spoiler
  • Janacks: So, it was Janacks with single n, not Jannacks with double n, and they are iridonian soldiers, not iridonian mercenaries. My bad. Anyway, the one who talks rubbish is their commander, the first time you talk to him. Something about heading down to the main street or something that sounds much like the greeter on Coruscant.
  • The Eagle: Looks like my first assumption of "Rimi cloning herself" -case was wrong. It's not talking to her. Or at least, it's not only talking to her. I got three instances of her standing around the force cage without talking to her at all after getting Master Vima on board. So, at this point I'm totally confused here.
  • The Eagle: When you use Star Map to get to the Aperture station (or whatever its name is, the GenoHoradan station anyway) the map tells you that you have arrived Telos.
  • Coruscant under attack: There is a Republic soldier standing on the landing area. Talking to him triggers the same conversation that should actually be when you have fought your way through the slums, and then ends up as a black screen with only cursor in it.
  • End scene (epilogue): The epilogue after "persuade Kannos to sacrifice himself" doesn't have player's responses, causing Bastila to have a monologue where she answers to questions no-one is asking.
  • Miscellaneous: Ootataa's shapeshifting force powers are called "Bad StrRef". Missing string, I guess...
  • Miscellaneous: "Force Scream" appears twice in level up screen.
  • Miscellaneous: Map problems, though you probably know that already, but as they cause me running around in circles trying to remember which direction I was going, I guess it's worth mentioning here. Some maps miss totally, some are quotation marks, and some (Coruscant landing area & main street) are simply misplaced... I mean, most of the time I'm walking on area that seems to be outside the map, or at least the walkable area of the map.

I guess I should tell that I did a manual installation, not with the .exe installer.

• 1 month later...

Archived