Home

The XWA.net One-Year Thread VIII: Heir to the Forum

Wildstar

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so, just moved into the house I bought. culture shock for me and my wife going from a 1 bedroom condo to a 3 bedroom house. in a good way, a very good way. though if I have to pick up and move another box I am going to puke.

Finally got out my Dads 1975 Honda CB125S motorcycle he gave me before he went to Florida in an RV. Kickstarter started it on the second try. Did some practice start/stops as I am not familiar with a clutch on my left handlebar, and gear shifting by my left foot. (instead of left foot peddle and right hand in a car). my wife bought me a helmet to use.

Now if it stopped raining I would go out and ride the damn thing. One of the wettest springs in history. Rains for 4 days, then I have to mow

some chick hit me up on pof. getting girls lined up when i get home..so far i have 3. lol more than i can say for last year..

got forced to go to sick call today just waiting for the place to reopen after lunch so i can go get checked out. lame. its just a fever i can take care of myself....

Everything is damn wrong this year. We were in field almost 700 km north from my hometown, helping landscape service to provide mapping from drone. It's engine malfunctioned because of unknown reason, so operator aimed it right on us to recover the drone after it's landing. Damn, he aimed it exactly right on us, so this 100 kg chunk crashed right into our vehicle, breaking shoulder and two ribs of my assistant. Hell if i know why, but he attempted to catch this thing flying down on 60 km/h speed. But real madness started a little later when one local from village, who was there with us to support with navigation, took his ax and started to hit the drone. I was aside of there at the moment, establishing optical mark, so i couldn't to interrupt immediately. When i asked those always drunken guy why did he hits the drone, then he said that he thought "that it was enemy drone". My assistant, who had hard pain, laughs as crazy.

Sometimes i think that i live in damn large crazy house. Such of things possible only in Russia.

Rogue15, thanks. You know, we have nice anecdote about local Siberian "rednecks" from villages:

Once a Siberian was asked: "Which bird is strongest?"

Siberian said: "Hang-glider, of cause! I done four shots before it released the man!"

It maybe sounds funny, but if just perfectly shows aura of my place.

Anyway, my friend is in hospital now. Still laughs.

Remind me of the "Morale Check" joke

Army Morale check: It sucks over there!

Navy Morale check: It sucks on shore!

Air Force Morale check: It sucks down there!

Marine Morale check: i like it here

Navy Vs Army check: Oh hey, we got more ppl than you guys :p

Navy vs Air Force check: Oh hey, we got more planes then you guys :p

Navy vs Marine check: Oh hey, you're in the same department as us, so we own you guys :p

[edi2] (I forgot about these guys)

Navy vs Coast guard check: Brown water navy? Meh, in a declaration of War, you get absorbed into us anyway. :p

[/edit2]

=D

[edit]

oh yeah guys, I'm working. late nights, etc etc.

ask r15 how it feels to work at wally-land D:

[edit3]

yeah, i'm working lawn and garden, actually with a bunch of good guys too, they're fun

I dont think I've mentioned this, a bunch of the other guys from the temp service that I was working with got hired too.

one of em got hired as a cashier, another a cart pusher, and the last one that shares my first name is working assembly

speaking of which, that guy (who's assembler now) introduced me to his wife about a month and a half ago

I took the chance to be 'naughty' and said "SO, I hear you call out my name at night" :giggle1:

yeah, they both took a moment, but then got it (same first name deal joke :p )

it ended well :)

at anyrate, me and my assembly buddy have been talking about hanging out outside of work, and came up with a couple of ideas

one of em was to catch a Roch redwings game, and I've been thinking about seeing if that could happen, if I could invite SXW, Crackles, RFH and our bud 'The Biggis' A.K.A. 'G'low' (don't think I've introduced him to crackles yet)

either or, I'd definitely would like an outing with 'da boys', even if Jango's out in Iowa :/

I seriously have friends that I can count on one hand that I'll stop what I'm doing that day to help out if they ask me. Jango, SXW, Crackles, RFH and G'low

*sigh* we don't hang out as much anymore :/

Looks like a Samsung Galaxy s4 is in my future, end of june. Wife wants an android phone to run apps on for fitness and dieting. Which means i get one to. $400 for both phones and activation and $40/month more for unlimited data plan.

It's time to upgrade my now elderly iPhone 3Gs.

As soon as my car is back and is paid off. :rolleyes:

Got a check for $2,800... and 5 cents. Hopefully that's more than enough. I'd like some money back... or at least not have to pay out of pocket.

Unproductive day. Some laundry. Some napping.

Went for a long walk in the park yesterday. Over 2 hours worth.

By the number of welts on my legs, looks like another generation of Weymouth mosquitoes has been well fed!

I doubt I'll be walking there again until fall...

Man, this humidity! I felt like I was running through liquid this morning. At least I'm starting to build up this year's resistance it, along with the heat.

Been playing Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. Pretty good, but the problem with all these open world games is that it's hard for the designers to control the difficulty. When they let you play any way you want, it isn't hard to find ways to make everything a piece of cake.

Ugh. Cold and damp. Been coughing all day.

For those of you with XBox Gold accounts: Fable 3 is currently a free download. I wasn't very interested in it... but it's free, so I'll give it a shot.

Still not wowed by the next gen console news out of E3 yet. I DO want to get my hands on Forza 5 though... so I guess I'm destined to get an XBox One.

Archived