Home

The XWA.net One-Year Thread VIII: Heir to the Forum

Wildstar

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@K_Kinnison: maybe I'm just bad at the game? LOL

I'm using the Demo version, and used the default booster rocket and was easily able to achieve a 200k equatorial stable orbit and I even had plenty of Fuel to land back near the space port.

Then I built a rocket with 3 stages, 6 booster, with a 3 engine first stage that got me into Mun orbit and back. Basically did an Apollo 8 mission with one crewman.

The big trick is to use the navigation aid after your initial boost and your apoapsis is above 70k, then near apoapsis you can do a prograde burn to increase and normalize your obit. Just click on your orbit and and add a maneuver, a wheel will pop up and you just pull the prograde handle until your orbit is close to where you want it. Maneuver your craft until you face the blue cross on your nav ball and start your burn about 10 seconds before the maneuver point (I normally need a 20-25sec orbital insertion burn)

I hate you for mentioning this game, I am so hooked on it. Now I want to build bases on all the planets and a big space station.

went from 210 to 203 in a week...chicken breast fillet diet ftw. hopefully i can continue at this rate and be down to 150 by the time i start college. not just dieting alone though, been keeping up with the PT to burn the fat off. made decision to stay away from carbs and sugary foods, really wanting to see the results, patience and persistence will pay off i'm sure.

Man, it's getting to be hot out there. I always hate running in the heat. Fortunately, I bought some shorts and a shirt made to keep you cool while running. I tried them this morning, and it made a huge difference.

You still in College Park?

sweat-wicking? :)

i ran 1.5 miles this morning in 90 degrees. 90 aint ****, 100 feels like 90 and 110 is hot. lol its funny when you walk to the dfac and can feel the sun baking your skin. :p

Assuming he's still in College Park, its more like...80 feels like 110.

The heat and humidity have arrived here! Just yesterday morning, the heat came on. Now we are looking down the barrel of a 90+ degree (f) heat wave with awful sticky humidity.

Time to pack the space heaters and humidifiers away, and break out the AC units, all the floor and window fans, and de-humidifiers.

Sounds like a good time for my back. :dozey:

I feel like I'm almost back to normal with that too... just a touch of stiffness and a slight ache when I first get out of bed every morning. I think it's time for a new mattress/ box spring anyway... mine's old, and it was cheap when I got it.

That's not too bad.

It's a bit too warm for me now. I didn't mind the first 2 days of the heat... but it's kinda worn out it's welcome with me.

Still, I'm going to try to get out and get some stuff done this afternoon... if I don't melt in the process.

sandstorm's vicious. ****ing navy butt pirates (no offense scar) stole my dust mask, BOTH OF THEM...i guess i will watch my laundry like a hawk next time...or sabotage theirs and see how they like it. unless i just misplaced it but i doubt that was the case cause i usually leave them in my cargo pockets when not in use. and to top it off the px ran out. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

My car got rear ended on the way to work this afternoon. The bumper, passenger side light cluster, and trunk are pretty smashed up, but the car still drives, and I'm OK.

Never actually made it to work. Been dealing with insurance crap ever since.

I'm heading out to drop it off at the shop right now. Looks like I'll be driving mom's car for a couple of days.

Oh well...

Archived