Home

Endless Play and Grind mod

j12r34

My goal is to make a comprehensive mod for KotOR 1 that allows players to continuously grind and earn money and rewards. I also intend to do a lot of rebalancing to various aspects of the gameplay. I want to make the mod myself, but I don't know how to do everything that I want done. I'm currently trying to learn how to script, and how to add and modify items, but it would save hours of time if I could get help from experience modders. I don't know how much detail I should post here, so I am working on some detailed lists and charts of everything I want to do. I will post these once I have completed and organized them. For now I'll just give a generalized list of some of the things I need.

-NPC's that spawn in random locations, move around in random paths, and respawn after being killed.(like the wraids on Tatooine)

-New characters and creatures that use pre-existing resources.

(no modeling required)

-New items added, some existing items to be modded.

-Modifications to character progression.

-Modification to the Galaxy Map, including animation.

-Modification of modules.

-Various other modifications that are difficult to generalize.

That's all I can think of for now, but I'll keep working on my lists and charts, and share what I've got with anyone who wants to help. (I don't have any of the modding done yet, but I have a very detailed list of NPC's and inventories that only needs a little more work. If any one wants to see it, I'll share it so they can look over it while I finish it up.)

Thank you for your time.

P.S. Does anyone know if the Populate Function works in K1?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I will start to break this down and I might just link you to a tutorial because as I found out reinventing the wheel dosent make too many people happy. I'm also going to number your request to make it easier. And lastly I am assuming you understand some basic kotor modding if not check out DDD's tutorial here. (It's how I started)

1) for the spawning in random locations you can use TimBobs populate function. To get them to move in random directions change thier "OnHeartBeat" script to this script:

void main()
{
AssignCommand(OBJECT_SELF,ActionRandomWalk())
}

As for the random spawning check out this post the second post to be exact. Theirs not a better person then Soffe to explain it.

2) Again this is where I would suggest DDD'S tutorial it will cover all of this plus a little extra in detail.

3) New items added: well here's a list of tutorials it's the third category on the list.

4) Ehhh not sure how to help you? You can't modify the level cap but you can make it so it takes more experience to level up. I know Canderis made one for Kotor but I can't seem to find a link :(.

5) Back to Stoffe... Here's a full tutorial.

6) Back to DDD's tutorial, if your referring to hex edit look here

7) Well without specifics I can't even suggest help there.

My extra little tips: I saw you said you have a "very detailed list" of NPC's I would stay away from the human VO's too much many of them are not high quality and plus its not always easy to find people (especially females)

I use this tutorial called "making a storyline mod for kotor 2" by Doc Valentine I can promise that at least one of the sections in thier will be useful to you.

Hope this helps- Supreme Kotor

Thank you for your attention.

First of all I have to say that my knowledge and expertise in modding are hardly worth mentioning. I am just now trying to start learning how. I'm researching how to do these things myself, but it's a long, slow process, and I thought I could speed up the process with the help of experienced modders, who already know what can and can't be done, as well as how to do it.

*4. I don't want to modifiy the level cap itself, just the rate at which the player gains levels. I would also like modifications to the amount of attributes, feats, and powers gained per level, as well as the level restrictions on each.

*5. Thanks for the link. I looked over it, but haven't read it through yet. Does it explain how to make the map animated?

*6. Not hex editing. I want Taris, and Dantooine to be selectable destinations throughout the entire game. This would probably require the modules for those planets to be duplicated(if that's not against the rules), and story-related scripts to be removed to avoid repeating dialogues and events. It would also require some means of entering and exiting Taris. I have a few possible solutions to this in my list of ideas.

*7 I didn't want to bore or confuse readers with too much detail, so I only listed the basic things that need to be done, in case anyone with the appropriate experience and/or knowledge is interested in doing part of the mod. I will give all the details to anyone who wants to help. I've spent the past five days just making the lists and charts of everything I want, so it seemed like it would be discourteous to post everything at once.

As far as VO's are concerned, I don't need any dialogue or voices. My mod doesn't have anything story-related. It's only directed at expanding on the gameplay itself.

Once again, Thank you for your attention, and for the info you gave me. I appreciate it.

I've decided to go ahead and post my main list as it is. It is unfinished and there are a few spelling errors I hope can be forgiven. It needs better organization and formatting, and is a little repetitive of my initial post, but feel free to read over it as much as you like. I will continue improving it and then re-post it once I've finished.

Things I need:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. Units that respawn in certain areas at intervals.(like the wraid groups in Dune Sea)

-all new NPC's will drop items

NOTE: See 'Locations and NPC Placement', 'NPC Item Drops'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. *Character progression overhaul.

-Since max level can't be increased, each level needs to be much harder to gain, and XP rewards from enemies scaled to appropriate amounts.

-18 spendable Attribute points at start of game.

-3 Attribute points per level

-6 Feats at level 5 and 10, 7 Feats at level 15, 8 Feats at level 20, and

3 Feats at every level in-between

-Force Powers gain alternates per level: 1,2,1,2, and then 3 at level 20

-Feats and Force powers will need to be modified and level restricted(working on a chart with more details)

-In combat, I would like for the player's stats to have very little influence on a weapon or item's power output(Damage, effects), but more influence on its efficiency(accuracy, critical hits).

*I also want all party members and new NPC's to be affected, meaning that they get the same amount of points, feats, and force powers, as well as the same level restrictions that the player would at the same level. Some special NPC's, however, will have extra feats and force powers without level limitations.

3. Each planet scaled to different level ranges:

Taris: Level 1-5

Dantooine: Level 3-8

Manaan: Level 5-10

Tatooine: Level 8-13

Kashyyyk: Level 10-15

Korriban: Level 13-18

Unknown Planet: Level 15-20

4. New enemies divided into 5 difficulty ranges, to be appropriately challenging for players of equal level: WEAK, NORMAL, STRONG, ELITE, and MYTHICAL.(attribute, feat, and power allocation chart is being made for reference)

-Each difficulty scaled to the planets' level ranges:

--Taris: WEAK=level 1, NORMAL=level 2, STRONG=level 3, ELITE=level 4, MYTHICAL=level 5

--Dantooine: W=3-4, N=5-6, S=7-8, E=10, M=15

--Manaan: W=5-6, N=7-8, S=9-10, E=13, M=18

--Tatooine: W=8-9, N=10-11, S=12-13, E=15, M=20

--Kashyyyk: W=10-11, N=12-13, S=14-15, E=18 M=20+*

--Korriban: W=13-14, N=15-16, S=17-18, E=20, M=20++

--Unknown Planet: W=15-16, N=17-18, S=19-20, E=N/A

*Each + next to 20 represents 5 levels worth of stats the enemy needs to have.

5. *Weapon, Armor, and Item, overhaul.

-Weapons and Armor divided into 3 classes:

--Light: weak, no penalties

--Medium: average, small penalties

--Heavy: strong, significant penalties).

-Grenades and mines divided into 2 classes

--Tactical: Strong effects, very low damage

--Lethal(Great damage, accompanied by light effects).

-Healing Items divided into 3 classes:

--Weak: very effective for players 1-5

--Normal: for 5-10

--Strong: for 10-*15

*After that point, players should rely more on wisdom in picking their battles.

-Buff items need to last for about 20 minutes, be very expensive and very effective.(Normal ones give a level one player attributes of level 5, Hyper ones give attributes of level 10, and Echani Battle Stimulants give attributes of level 15).

-All Weapons, Armor, and Items divided into 5 tiers with their effects and trade value modded to be appropriate for each planet's level:

--Common: found on merchants and enemies on Taris and Dantooine.

--Uncommon: found on merchants and enemies on Manaan and Tatooine.

--Unique: found on merchants and enemies on Kashyyyk and Korriban.

--Rare: only sold buy Suvam Tan on the Yavin 4 station, and at very high prices.

--Special: only obtainable from special NPC's.

6. Merchants divided into classes, selling only their respective wares:

(pricing chart is being made)

-Weapons and/or Armor: Weapons, Grenades, Mines; Armor, Shields

-Weapons and/or Armor Upgrades: Scope, Durasteel Bonding Alloy

-Clothing and/or Acessories: Clothing(any thing that goes in the body slot that is not literal armor), armbands(not shields, such as Brejik's Armband), Headbands,

Gloves, Belts

-Medical: Healing items(Weak, Normal, and Strong), Antidote kit, Antibiotic kit, Implants

-*Droid: plating, sensors, shields, utility, parts, repair items(Weak, Normal, and Strong)

-**Jedi: jedi robes, color crystals(no red), lightsabers

-**Sith: dark jedi robes, red crystals, lightsabers

-Black Market: computer spikes, security spikes, stims,

pazaak cards(+6 to -6), Beam Splitter, Hair Trigger,

Improved Power Cell, Vibration Cell, Energy Projector

-***Suvam Tan: ALL Rare items, upgrade items(no crystals), spikes, parts,

Pazaak cards(+/-1 to +/-6), Echani Battle Stimulant

*If possible, I would like a new item added to Droid merchants. Droids and auto turrets of various models and levels that, when purchased, go into the inventory and can be deployed like a mine, then modified or repaired using parts and repair skill like the normal droids found throughout the game, or placed back into the inventory to be used again later.

-Security Droids: Unarmed droids that seek out and open locked doors and (Probe Model) containers if their skill is high enough

-Demolition Droid: Droids armed with grenades, that set mines, as well as (T3 Model) seeking out and disarming or recovering enemy mines based on their skill level

-Assault Droid: Droids armed with weapons and lethal utility items (Bipedal Model)appropriate to their level, that seek out and attack any enemies they find

-Support Droid: Droids armed with tactical utility items appropriate to (Crawler Model)their level, that follow the player and attack only when the player attacks

-Auto Turret: Stationary turret, used to protect a certain area

The droids and turrets should be in classes from Common to Unique, just like other items, with one of each model in every class, and should be at the lowest level in the NORMAL difficulty range on whatever planet they are sold on.

**I want a Jedi Master merchant on Dantooine and a Dark Jedi Master merchant on Korriban that each sell their corrosponding items. I would also like for each one to have a function that allows the player to exchange Rough Cut Upari Amulets for jedi and dark jedi guards respectively.(Goes into inventory and can be placed like a mine, then retrieved later.)

-Rough Cut Upari Amulets

---Jedi Guardian(Has all light and neutral force powers at level 1):

Level 5 Attributes

---Dark Jedi Guardian(Has all dark and neutral force powers at

level 1): Level 5 Attributes

---Jedi Sentinel(Has all light force powers at level 2, and all neutral force powers at level 1): Level 10 Attributes

---Dark Jedi Sentinel(Has all dark force powers at level 2, and all neutral

force powers at level 1): Level 10 Attributes

---Jedi Consular(Has all light force powers at level 3, and all neutral

force powers at level 2): Level 15 Attributes

---Dark Jedi Consular(Has all dark force powers at level 3, and all

neutral powers at level 2): Level 15 Attributes

---Jedi Ghost(Has all light and neutral force powers at level 3):

Level 20 Attributes

---Sith Ghost(Has all dark and neutral force powers at level 3):

Level 20 Attributes

***I also want Suvam Tan to have a new feature that allows him to clone the harvested DNA of creatures the player has killed, by exchanging a trophy or different amounts of trophies for a pet that goes into the inventory, and can be placed like a mine and retrieved later the same way:

-Gizka Poison X 5

--Gizka(Hops around, attacking enemies with poison. When it dies, it spawns

2 more gizka that each do the same, up to 16 gizka at a time.):

Level 1 Attributes.

-Tach Gland X 8

--Tach(Has access to grenades in inventory to throw at enemies. When grenades run out, it attacks normally): Level 3 Attributes

-Kath Hound Horn(new item) X 10

--Kath Hound(Follows and guards the player): Level 8 Attributes

-Kinrath Corpse(modded item) X 15

--Kinrath(Has long-lasting poison and stun attacks): Level 8 Attributes

-Wraid Plate X 20

--Wraid(Roams and attacks enemies): Level 10 Attributes

-Dewback Tooth(new item) X 25

--Dewback(Roams around attacking enemies): Level 12 Attributes

-Bantha Poodoo(modded item) X 30

--Bantha(Makes anything that bites it sick, and greatly weakens Krayt Dragons): Level 12 Attributes

-Ronto Hide(new item) X 35

--Ronto(roams and attacks enemies): Level 14 Attributes

-Bull Katarn Fang(new item) X 40

--Katarn(Follows and guards the player): Level 16 Attributes

-Tarantatek Heart(new item) X 45

--Tarantatek(Follows and guards the player, resistant to force attacks, drains force points from enemies to heal itself): Level 20 Attributes

-Rancor Claw(new item) X 50

--Young Rancor(Roams and attacks enemies): Level 20++ Attributes

-Krayt Dragon Pearl X 50

--Krayt Dragon(Roams and attacks enemies): Level 20++++ Attributes

NOTE: If the proposed sytem of trading items for pets cannot be accomplished, they can just have a price equal to the value of the listed number of items.

NOTE: The classes and tiers for enemies, items, and merchants won't really appear in the game. They are imaginary and only for the purpose of explaining how I want them scaled and balanced.

---More details below---

---Locations and NPC placement---------------------------------------------

Taris:

-Upper City Streets

--Thugs(normal unarmed civilian type NPC's that will attack the player): WEAK

-Upper City Apartments

--Sith patrols(groups of 2-3 sith troopers): NORMAL

-Sith Base

--Sith patrols(groups of 1-3): STRONG

--Sith assault droids(1-2 accompanying the sith patrols): STRONG

Lower City Streets

--Black Vulkars(groups of 3-6): WEAK

--Hidden Beks(2 guards near the door to their base, friendly): NORMAL

-Lower City Apartments

--Black Vulkars(groups of 4-5): NORMAL

-Undercity(outside the village)

--Rakgouls(groups of 3-6): STRONG

--Sith Patrols(groups of 4): NORMAL

--Black Vulkars(groups of 4): NORMAL

--Two outcast guards at the gate(friendly): WEAK

--Rogue Droids(solo): NORMAL

-Sewers

--Gamoreans(groups of 1-4): STRONG

-Vulkar Base

--Black Vulkars(groups of 1-4): STRONG

*I would also like for Taris to be revisitable. If possible, place the Ebon Hawk on the platform between the elevator and the sith base. If that can't be done, place a custom merchant on the area between the elevator and the sith base, that the player can talk to in order to leave the planet, and a spawn point at the same location for entering the planet. I want the apartment to still be where the player returns when on Taris, if possible.

Dantooine

-Fields

--Kath hounds(besides the ones already there, groups of 3-4, always at least one horned kath hound): WEAK

--Mandalorians(groups of 3-6): NORMAL

--Jedi Knights(solo, friendly): STRONG

-*Cave(in and around)

--Kinrath(groups of 1-3): STRONG

*I would like the harvestable crystals in the cave to respawn over time, and if this works, I would also like regenerating harvestable crystal to be placed in all the other caves in the game.

-Ruins and Grove

--Dark Jedi(solo): STRONG

-Estates

(Sandral)

--*Matale assault droids(groups of 4-8): NORMAL

--Sandral assault droids(two guarding the door, friendly): NORMAL

(Matale)

--*Sandral assault droids(groups of 4-8): NORMAL

--Matale assault droids(two guarding the door, friendly): NORMAL

*I would like the attacking droids to appear at the entrance of each respective zone and move toward the door of the defending estate.(As though they are trying to raid the building)

NOTE: I would also like for Dantooine to remain visitable through the entire game.

Manaan

-Ahto City

--Thugs(same as Taris): WEAK

--Selkath Police(single, armed, accompanied by an assault droid): NORMAL

-Sith Base

--Sith patrols(groups of 2-4): NORMAL

--Sith assault droids(groups of 1-2): NORMAL

-Underwater Facility

--Mad Selkath(groups of 1-4): STRONG

--Republic Soldiers(groups of 2-3, friendly): NORMAL

--Republic assault droids(1-2 accompanying the republic soldiers): NORMAL

Tatooine

-Anchorhead

--Thugs(again, groups of 1-2): WEAK

--Czerka Police(solo,friendly): NORMAL

--Gizka(solo, poisons targets, spawns 2 more gizka on death that also poison targets and multiply, up to 16 at a time): WEAK

-Dune Sea

--Sand People(groups of 3-5): NORMAL

--Hunters(normal civilian NPC's appropriately armed for hunting game, different races, some friendly, some enemy, groups of 1-3): WEAK

--Hunting Droid(assault droid outfitted for hunting, varying models, accompanying the hunters): WEAK

--Gamoreans(groups of 3-5): NORMAL

--Banthas(groups of 1-3): NORMAL

--Dewbacks(groups of 1-3): NORMAL

--Czerka Guards(5 at the crawler, friendly): STRONG

--Sand People(2 guards added at the entrance to West Dune Sea): STRONG

-West Dune Sea

--Sand People(groups of 3-6): STRONG

--Hunters(groups of 1-3, friendly): NORMAL

-Sand People Enclave

--Sand People(groups of 1-3): ELITE

-East Dune Sea

--Banthas(groups of 2-4): STRONG

--Dewbacks(groups of 1-2): STRONG

--Rhontos(solo): ELITE

--Hunters(groups of 1-3, friendly): STRONG

--*Krayt Dragon(This needs a lot of explaining.): 20++++++

*I want the Krayt Dragon to appear in random locations, so it's not predictable, but I want it to go to the cave and vanish after a short period of being undisturbed, so that if it gets in the way during the story, players can just wait for it to leave. It needs to have a long respawn wait so that players won't have to worry about more than one showing up at any given time should they choose to fight it. I also want the value of pearls to be extremely high, to fit the challenge of getting them, except the one you get for free. Since the Krayt Dragon is far out of the league of normal enemies, it won't fall within the normal difficulty scale. It needs to be challenging for the highest level of player, so that it will take a long time and a lot of mines and grenades to take down.(We don't want it to be easy by any means.)

Kashyyyk

-*Treetops

--Kinrath(groups of 1-3): NORMAL

--Mykals(groups of 1-4): WEAK

--Tach(enemies): WEAK

--Wookie Hunters(solo, friendly): NORMAL

*I want no new enemies added to the "civilized" zones, while the walkways get more and more populated as you get closer to the elevator.

-*Shadowlands

--Katarns(groups of 3-5, always at least one bull katarn): STRONG

--Mandalorians(groups of 1-4): ELITE

--Wookie Hunters(solo, friendly): ELITE

--Ritual Beast(solo): MYTHICAL

*Like the Treetops, I want no enemies right at the elevator, but I want them to become more and more populated as one moves deeper into the wild, the Ritual Beast only appearing in the deepest parts.

Korriban

-Dreshdae

--Thugs(once more): WEAK

--Dark Jedi(groups of 1-3, some friendly, some enemy, to represent rivalries and alliances): WEAK

Gizka(same as before): WEAK

-Academy

--Dark Jedi(same as before): NORMAL

--Dark Jedi Knights(solo, some friendly, some enemy): STRONG

-Caves

--Shyracks(groups of 1-3): NORMAL

--Rancor(solo, only in the deepest room): 20++++

--Sith students(groups of 1-3, some friendly, some enemy): WEAK to NORMAL

-Excavation Site

--Dark Jedi(same as above): NORMAL

--Dark Jedi Knights(same as above): STRONG

--Dark Jedi Masters(solo, some friendly, some enemy): ELITE

--Sith Troopers(groups of 2-6, friendly): NORMAL

--Sith Assault Droids(1-2, accompanying the sith troopers): STRONG

--*Krayt Dragon: 20+++++++

*I want this one to appear only near the big drop-off, and move towards the tomb of Ragnos, where it will vanish after a short period of being undisturbed. The other NPC's in and around its path will need long respawn delays, so they don't constantly keep it on a rampage. I also want this one to be a greyish color(sort of the way the player looks when far on the dark side), and to have some darkside force powers and poisonous breath.

-Tombs(all)

--Sith students(same as above): NORMAL

--Wraids(groups of 4): STRONG

--Tarantatek(solo): ELITE

--Sith ghosts(solo): ELITE

*Unknown Planet

-(whole planet, except inside the temple)

--Rakatan warriors(groups of 2-6): NORMAL

--Mandalorian Raiders(Groups of 3-5): STRONG

--Young Rancors(solo): ELITE

--Stranded survivors(civilian type NPC's of various species, some friendly, some enemy, some armed, some not): WEAK

-(Inside Temple)

*I would like for the game to be playable after the credits, but since that may not be possible, I could settle instead for a mod that allows the player to re-recruit Bastila here, as well as travel to any planet, instead of going straight to the Star Forge to finish the game. This also means that the Star Forge needs to be added to the Galaxy Map as a selectable destination, so the player can go and finish the game at any time after finishing the story on the Unknown Planet.

*Mythical Characters

-Dantooine

--*Next to Star Map: Revan(wearing Star Forge Robes and a mask, wielding a blue lightsaber)--MYTHICAL

-Manaan

--Cantina: Calrissian--MYTHICAL

--Swoop Office: Teta--MYTHICAL

-Tatooine

--Hunting Lodge: Jamoh Hogra--MYTHICAL

--Czerka Office: Yusanis--MYTHICAL

--Cantina: Cassus Fett-MYTHICAL

--Swoop Office: Jurgan Kalta--MYTHICAL

--**Next to Star Map:

---Revan(Star Forge Robes, wielding a blue lightsaber, Friendly)--MYTHICAL

---Darth Revan(wearing Darth Revan's Robes, wielding the

Mantle of the Force, enemy)--MYTHICAL

-Kashyyyk

--***Next to Star Map: Darth Revan(Darth Revan's Robes, wielding the Heart of the Guardian)--MYTHICAL

-Korriban

--Cantina: Sanasiki--MYTHICAL

--****Next to Star Map: Darth Malak(Wielding the ceremonial lightsaber the player is supposed to retrieve.)--MYTHICAL

*I would like for Revan to appear just as the player approaches the Star Map, before activating it, and only respawn when the player leaves and re-enters.

**I would like for Revan and Darth Revan to appear just as the player approaches the Star Map, before activating it. I would like for the two to fight, Darth Revan defeats Revan, and then attacks the player. Same as before with the respawn.

***I would like for Darth Revan to appear one final time to challenge the player, just as in the previous instances.

****This one is a big request. I want Darth Malak to appear just as Revan did, only I want the fight to happen a different way. This may not be possible, but I would like the damage to be reversed in this battle. (Attacking Malak heals him and hurts the player, and attacking the player heals him/her and hurts Malak). This is meant to represent the principle that the only way to defeat the Dark Side is to let go of aggression. If it's not possible, I can settle for a normal fight.

---Item Classifications----------------------------------------------------

Common

-Light

--Weapons: Stun Baton, Short Sword, Blaster Pistol, Hold Out Blaster,

Ion Blaster, Sonic Pistol, Blaster Rifle,

--Armor: Stealth Field Generator, Sound Dampening Stealth Unit,

Strength Gauntlets, Stabilizer Gauntlets, Interface Band,

Aural Amplifier, Neural Band, Breath Mask, Stabilizer Mask,

Demolitions Sensor, Combat Sensor, Pistol Targeting Optics,

Light Scan Visor, Stealth Field Enhancer, Cardio-Regulator,

Adrenaline Amplifier, Nerve Amplifier Belt, Cardio Package,

Response Package, Memory Package, Combat Suit, Heavy Combat Suit,

Reinforced Fiber Armor, Jedi Robe, Dark Jedi Robe

-Medium

--Weapons: Quarterstaff, Long Sword, Heavy Blaster, Ion Rifle,

Blaster Carbine, Sonic Rifle,

--Armor: Military Suit, Light Battle Armor, Bronzium Light Battle Armor,

Light Exoskeleton,

-Heavy

--Weapons: Double-Bladed Sword, Light Repeating Blaster,

--Armor: Battle Armor, Heavy Battle Armor, Durasteel Heavy Armor,

Heavy Exoskeleton,

Shields: Energy Shield, Sith Energy Shield,

Droid: Energy Shield Level 1, Environment Shield Level 1, Stun Ray,

Shield Disruptor, Computer Probe, Security Interface Tool,

Droid Light Plating Type 1, Droid Medium Plating Type 1,

Droid Heavy Plating Type 1, Basic Targeting Computer, Sensor Probe,

Uncommon

-Light

--Weapons: Bothan Stun Stick, Arkanian Pistol, Bothan Quick Draw,

Verpine Prototype Ion Blaster, Disruptor Pistol,

Bothan Shrieker,

--Armor: Advanced Stealth Unit, Eriadu Stealth Unit,

Eriadu Strength Amplifier, Advanced Stabilizer Gauntlets,

Infiltrator Gloves, Bothan "Machinist" Gloves,

Medical Interface Band, Motion Detection Goggles,

Bothan Perception Visor, Bothan Sensory Visor, Vacuum Mask,

Sonic Nullifiers, Vacuum Mask, Advanced Aural Amplifier,

Stealth Field Reinforcement, Heavy Targeting Optics,

Advanced Adrenaline Amplifier, Biotech Package,

Nerve Enhancement Package, Zabrak Combat Suit, Verpine Fiber Mesh,

Jedi Knight Robe, Dark Jedi Knight Robe,

-Medium

--Weapons: Vibroblade, Echani Vibroblade, Krath War Blade,

Arkanian Heavy Pistol, Bothan Droid Disruptor,

Cinnagaran Carbine, Disruptor Rifle, Bothan Discord Gun,

--Armor: Bonadan Alloy Heavy Suit, Echani Light Armor, Zabrak Field Armor, Republic Mod Armor, Arkanian Bond Armor,

-Heavy

--Weapons: Echani Ritual Brand, Vibro Double-Blade, Zabrak Battle Cannon,

Medium Repeating Blaster,

--Armor: Zabrak Battle Armor,

Shields: Echani Shield, Echani Dueling Shield,

Droid: Energy Shield Level 2, Environment Shield Level 2,

Advanced Stun Ray, Advanced Shield Disruptor,Flame Thrower, Carbonite Projector, Gravity Generator, Advanced Computer Tool,

Security Decryption Interface, Droid Light Plating Type 2,

Droid Medium Plating Type 2, Droid Heavy Plating Type 2,

Advanced Targeting Computer, Bothan Demolitions Probe,

Unique

-Light

--Weapons: Bothan Chucka, Massassi Brand, Zabrak Blaster Pistol,

Mandolorian Blaster, GenoHaradan Blaster, Sith Assassin Pistol,

Bothan Needler, Mandolorian Ripper,

--Armor: GenoHaradan Stealth Unit, GenoHaradan Visor,

GenoHaradan Power Gloves, Sith Power Gauntlets,

Dominator Gauntlets, Karakan Gauntlets, Verpine Bond Gauntlets, Verpine Headband, Sith Mask, Verpine Ocular Enhancer,

Advanced Agent Interface, Verpine Cardio-Regulator,

Adrenaline Stimulator, Advanced Sensory Implant,

Advanced Bio-Stabilizer Implant, Advanced Alacrity Implant,

Advanced Combat Implant, Sith Regenerator, Cardio Power System,

Gordulan Reaction System, Cinnagar Weave Armor,

Echani Fiber Armor, Mandolorian Armor, Verpine Zal Alloy Mesh,

Jedi Master Robe, Dark Jedi Master Robe

-Medium

--Weapons: Krath Blood Blade, Vibrosword, Krath Dire Sword, Sith Tremor Sword, Echani Foil, GenoHaradan Poison Blade,

Zabrak Tystel Mark III, Mandolorian Heavy Pistol,

Verpine Droid Disruptor, Bowcaster, Sith Assault Gun,

Zabrak Disruptor Cannon, Arkanian Sonic Rifle, Sith Sniper Rifle,

Mandolorian Assault Rifle,

--Armor: Massassi Ceremonial Armor, Eriadu Prototype Armor,

Cinnagar War Suit, Krath Holy Battle Suit,

Mandolorian Battle Armor

-Heavy

--Weapons: Massassi Battle Staff, Krath Double Sword, Echani Double-Brand, Sith War Sword, Blaster Cannon, Heavy Repeating Blaster,

Mandolorian Heavy Repeater,

--Armor: Echani Battle Armor, Krath Heavy Armor, Cinnagar Plate Armor, Mandolorian Heavy Armor, Mandolorian Assault Armor,

Shield: Arkanian Energy Shield, Mandolorian Power Shield,

Mandolorian Melee Shield,

Droid: Energy Shield Level 3, Environment Shield Level 3,

Advanced Flame Thrower, Carbonite Projector Mark II,

Adv. Gravity Generator, Advanced Droid Interface,

Security Domination Interface, Droid Light Plating Type 3,

Droid Medium Plating Type 3, Droid Heavy Plating Type 3,

Superior Targeting Computer, Verpine Demolitions Probe,

Rare

-Light

--Weapons:

--Armor: Baragwin Stealth Unit, CNS Strength Enhancer,

Thermal Shield Generator, Electrical Capacitance Shield,

Bavakar Cardio Package, Bavakar Reflex Package,

Bavakar Memory Chip, Bio-Antidote Package, Navardan Regenerator,

Beemon Package, Cyber Reaction System, Baragwin Shadow Armor,

Qel Droma Robes, Exar Kun's Light Battle Suit,

-Medium

--Weapons: Baragwin Assault Blade, Baragwin Disruptor-X Weapon,

--Armor: Environmental Bastion Armor, Powered Light Battle Armor,

-Heavy

--Weapons: Baragwin Assault Weapon, Baragwin Assault Gun,

Baragwin Heavy Repeating Blaster,

--Armor: Powered Battle Armor,

Shield: Verpine Prototype Shield,

Droid: Baragwin Flame Thrower, Baragwin Stun Ray,

Baragwin Shield Disruptor, Baragwin Droid Shield,

Universal Computer Interface,

Special

-Light

--Weapons: Teta's Blade, Bendak's Blaster, Carth's Blaster,

Short Lightsaber

--Armor: Teta's Royal Band, Darth Revan's Robes, Star Forge Robes,

Darth Bandon's Fiber Armor, Ulic Qel Droma's Mesh Suit,

Calrissian's Utility Belt,

-Medium

--Weapons: Sanasiki's Blade, Mission's Vibroblade, Prototype Vibroblade, Naga Sadow's Poison Blade, Bacca's Ceremonial Blade,

Cassus Fett's Heavy Pistol, Chuundar's Bowcaster,

Zaalbar's Bowcaster, Jurgan Kalta's Carbine,

Jamoh Hogra's Carbine, Jurgan Kalta's Assault Rifle, Lightsaber,

--Armor: Davik's War Suit, Jurgan Kalta's Power Suit

-Heavy

--Weapons: Ajunta Pall's Blade, Yusanis' Brand, Ordo's Repeating Blaster,

Double Bladed Lightsaber,

--Armor: Jamoh Hogra's Battle Armor, Calo Nord's Battle Armor,

Cassus Fett's Battle Armor,

Shield: Yusanis' Dueling Shield,

Items: Power Crystals, Mantle of the Force, Heart of the Guardian,

Krayt Dragon Pearl,

Explosives

-Tactical

--Grenades: Concussion, Poison, Adhesive, Cryoban,

--Mines: Flash, Gas,

-Lethal

--Grenades: Frag, Sonic, Plasma, Ion, Thermal Detonator,

--Mines: Frag, Plasma,

Healing

-Weak: Medpac, Antidote Kit, Repair Kit,

-Normal: Advanced Medpac, Antibiotic Kit, Advanced Repair Kit,

-Strong: Life Support Pack, Construction Kit,

Misc. Items(these will be sold at their respective merchants on all planets, unless otherwise specified)

Common: Parts, Scope, Vibration Cell

Uncommon: Computer Spikes, Security Spikes, Color Crystals, Hair Trigger,

Durasteel Bonding Alloy

Unique: Security Spike Tunnelers, Lesser Power Crystals, Beam Splitter,

Improved Power Cell, Energy Projector

Rare: Greater Power Crystals, *Echani Battle Stimulant

*Only sold by Suvam Tan

---NPC Item Drops----------------------------------------------------------

Every new sentient NPC needs to have the following things in its inventory:

(using the Item Classification above as a guide)

-At least one weapon appropriate to the planet it is on(equipped)

-Armor appropriate to the planet it is on(equipped)

-Some type of money or sellable item

The following NPC's need specific items in addition to those listed above:

-Sith Troopers: Any sith weapon or combination of weapons with no level restrictions, Sith Armor(disquise), Credits(10, 20, or 40, on Taris, Manaan, or Korriban respectively), 1 Healing item(medpac, adv. medpac, or life support pack on Taris, Manaan, or Korriban respectively)

-Sand People: Sand People disquise, gaffi stick

-Gamoreans: Gamorean Battle Axe

-Thugs: 1 pazaak card(ranging from -6 to +6)

-Hunters: Antidote kit, wraid plates(1-3) or gaffi sticks(1-4)

-Wookies: bowcaster, antibiotic kit

-Republic soldiers: Republic Mod Armor, 1 adv. medpac, 20 credits

-Jedi: lightsaber or combination of lightsabers(any color except red), jedi robe of appropriate rank

-Dark Jedi: same as jedi, except all lightsabers are red

-Mandalorians: any Mandalorian weapon or combination of weapons without level restrictions, a Mandalorian armor appropriate for the planet they're on, 1 lethal grenade, 1 tactical grenade, Mandalorian head(modified to be sellable)

-Czerka police: Bothan stun stick, Bothan Discord Gun, concussion grenade

-Czerka guard: Disruptor Rifle, Disruptor Pistol, Plasma Grenade

-Sith Ghosts: Red lightsaber(varying types and combinations),

rough-cut upari amulet

-Teta: Teta's Blade, Teta's Royal Headband, Vibration Cell

-Calrissian: Calrissian's Utility Belt

-Yusanis: Yusanis' Brand, Yusanis's Dueling Shield(infinite uses),

Energy Projector, 30 Gaffi Sticks

-Jamoh Hogra: Jamoh Hogra's Carbine, Jamoh Hogra's Battle Armor, Scope,

Armor Reinforcement, 20 Wraid Plates

-Cassus Fett: Cassus Fett's Heavy Pistol X 2, Cassus Fett's Battle Armor,

Hair Trigger X 2, Armor Reinforcement

-Jurgan Kalta: Jurgan Kalta's Carbine, Jurgan Kalta's Assault Rifle,

Jurgan Kalta's Power Suit, Improved Energy Cell,

Beam Splitter, Mesh Underlay, 20 Racing Bonds

-Sanasiki: Sanasiki's Blade, Durasteel Bonding Alloy

-Revan(both instances): Star Forge Robes, blue lightsaber,

Rough Cut Upari Amulet

-Darth Revan(Tatooine): Lightsaber with the Mantle of the Force, Sigil, Rough-cut Upari Amulet, Darth Revan's Robes(no drop)

-Darth Revan(Kashyyyk): Lightsaber with the Heart of the Guardian,

Rough Cut Upari Amulet, Krayt Dragon Pearl,

Darth Revans Robes(drop)

-Darth Malak: Ceremonial Lightsaber, Rough Cut Upari Amulet

Creature Item Drops

*Every new creature(non-sentient organic NPC's) needs to drop the following items:

-1 trophy, valued according to the creatures difficulty(like the wraid plates. This will require items added to the game, or moddified to be sellable, such as kinrath corpses.)

The following creatures need to drop specific items, in addition to those listed above:

-Horned Kath Hound: Kath Hound Horn(new item)

-Kinrath: lightsaber color crystals(varying colors),

Kinrath Corpse(modded to be sellable)

-Gizka: Gizka Poison(modded to be sellable)

-Dewback: Dewback Tooth(new item)

-Bantha: Bantha Poodoo(bantha fodder renamed and modded to be sellable)

-Ronto: Rhonto Hide(new item)

-Tach: Tach Gland(modded to be sellable)

-Bull Katarn: Bull Katarn Fang(new item)

-Tarantatek: Tarantatek Heart(new item), lesser power crystals(like those found on Dantooine)

-Ritual Beast: Tarantatek Heart, greater power crystals(like those found on Korriban)

-Krayt Dragon: Krayt Dragon Pearl

-Dark Krayt Dragon: Krayt Dragon Pearl X 2, Rough Cut Upari Amulet X 5

Droid Item Drops

All new droid NPC's need to have the following items in their inventory:

-Repair item(Weak, Normal, or Strong, on Taris/Dantooine, Manaan/Tatooine, or Kashyyyk/Korriban respectively)

-Droid Plating appropriate to the planet it's on

-Droid Utility item appropriate to the planet it's on

-Parts

This is an interesting request.

From reading it- I take it that you want to make kotor1 more like an MMO gear base game or a JRPG which also have a good deal of grind.

First issue-

The ratio of combat zones and non combat zones.

If you take the ratio in most MMOs, Kotor1 actually has the opposite ratio then a MMO. Kotor has more non combat only zones while MMOs have many to allow the player to grind.

Solution-

You can place a trigger in large sections of the module where if the NPC1 is checked if alive or dead. If the NPC is dead then have the script wait X minutes then spawn. This will give you a MMO type of respawn mechanic.

Also take a combat focus module and then make a duplicate which you can then place more enemy/creature NPCs to kill.

Take the original module and place a new transition trigger to warp you to the duplicate module. Best to personalize the duplicate with what ever layout you want.

Issue 2-

Zoning planets.

You can zone them but this will make the game completely linearal.

Solution-

Ask for community feedback on what they see as the natural path of the game quest if it had to be a strait line.

Issue 3-

NPC giving proper drops.

Solution-

You would need to give them a new on death script which will need some equation to create a percentage chance of getting a X positive drop. If the equation is True then it will drop one of the pool of helpful gear. If it's False then the script to drop a item from the junk list.

You could use a check on the Player's level to affect the chance of getting a

drop.

Issue 4-

Control leveling and other progression mechanics.

Solution-

You can alter the 2DA files to get mist of the changes you want.

I think even with experience levels- you can up the number needed to gain the next level.

Issue 5-

Item/gear progression

Solution-

You will need to make some duplicates of existing but give it a new name and indicate it's level in the gear tree. This will allow you to widen the gear stat possibility.

Final thoughts

It's an interesting concept but you should focus on the core mechanics before adding all new gear items. Just so you know you have the spawn and loot drop script working along with checking how big can you expand the grind/combat sections due to the limit number of these zones which you will need to to expand on.

Good luck with the project!

Logan

Christ, people still use that thing? I'll have to make a new updates version, I think. I was never too happy with that original one. :p

Off topic: That would be amazing! When I started modding it was the best tutorial I could find I still open it up sometimes just to get that attack script on it. (Hmmm maybe I should just save that script somewhere :p)

On topic: Are you planning on allowing the player to still play through the normal story and this is an add-on or are you completly ditching the main story?

-Supreme Kotor

First issue-

The ratio of combat zones and non combat zones.

If you take the ratio in most MMOs, Kotor1 actually has the opposite ratio then a MMO. Kotor has more non combat only zones while MMOs have many to allow the player to grind.

Logan

I've never modded this game before, so please forgive my ignorance.

Are you saying that I can't just place an NPC that will attack the player and friendly NPC's? They must be placed in zones? Or did I misunderstand?

Issue 2-

Zoning planets.

You can zone them but this will make the game completely linearal.

Solution-

Ask for community feedback on what they see as the natural path of the game quest if it had to be a strait line.

Logan

As far as this is concerned, it will make the game more linear, but this can be overcome via the proposed modifications to the buff items and the additional grinding that will be possible with the new NPC's. Also, I don't plan to rescale the existing enemies in the game(except possibly some of the bosses), only to add new ones. Basically I want to make the gameplay linear, while leaving the story mostly non-linear. I know this is daunting, but I believe that with some strategic placement of NPC's and items, and some extra discernment and skill on the part of the player, it can be done at least to an acceptable degree. As far as the order is concerned, I chose the order of the zoning based on which planets I thought should be more dangerous, not the order in which I think they should be visited.( I personally prefer Tatooine, Manaan, Kashyyyk, then Korriban.)

Issue 3-

NPC giving proper drops.

Logan

The item drops don't need to be random, just appropriate to the difficulty zone.(So the player isn't filthy rich on Dantooine, or dirt poor on Korriban)

With this in mind, can items be assigned to NPC's via KotOR Tool as an alternative to scripting?

Issue 4-

Control leveling and other progression mechanics.

Solution-

You can alter the 2DA files to get mist of the changes you want.

I think even with experience levels- you can up the number needed to gain the next level.

Logan

I had been wondering where to find the files relevant to progression. Thank you for the information.

Issue 5-

Item/gear progression

Logan

As far as weapons and armor, I think there are already enough in the game for the player to get an upgrade every 1-4 levels. I think the only items I need to add are the ones for creature trophies, and the special items I proposed for certain merchants.

By the way, does anyone think that the purchaseable jedi, pets, droids, and turrets, as well as the item exchange concept for the jedi and pets, could work?

Purchasable jedi turrets ect... Will work fine just attach a script to a mutual NPC that you can talk to before the fight and violla! But it would have to be in the same module you are about to fight in... (Unless you wanted to do HEAVY scripting work that would require global variables and in short I wouldn't recommend it)

-Supreme Kotor

In reply to Supreme Kotor's question: Strictly add-on. I don't plan to modify the story, except possibly rebalancing some of the bosses in order to accommodate the new potential power of the PC. Although some of the modifications to gameplay will conflict with the story(such as being able to revisit Taris and Dantooine after they are supposedly destroyed), I don't plan on modifying the story itself in any way to explain or justify the changes. My intention is only to expand the playability of the game. Most people who are even slightly interested in a mod of this scope have probably already seen the story, and I think in such cases the discrepency can easily be tolerated just for the sake of what it will accomplish. Besides, if it wasn't for TSL and Bastila's 'feeling'(Her feelings seemed to be pretty unstable and deceptive at that point in the game anyway.), the Sith could have lied about bombing Dantooine.

I've never modded this game before, so please forgive my ignorance.

Are you saying that I can't just place an NPC that will attack the player and friendly NPC's? They must be placed in zones? Or did I misunderstand?

What i mean are zones as- Dantoonie, you have the wild areas where you can fight animals which would be more combat focus zones. While the Jedi Academy and the settlement houses are non combat focus zones/modules. When you look over kotor 1, in order to make grinding enjoyable- you need sever zones to do this because if you have one or two on a planet it will be come very boring very fast. Grinding goes with exploring which means you need enough combat focus zones/modules to do this for this mod to work.

As far as this is concerned, it will make the game more linear, but this can be overcome via the proposed modifications to the buff items and the additional grinding that will be possible with the new NPC's. Also, I don't plan to rescale the existing enemies in the game(except possibly some of the bosses), only to add new ones. Basically I want to make the gameplay linear, while leaving the story mostly non-linear. I know this is daunting, but I believe that with some strategic placement of NPC's and items, and some extra discernment and skill on the part of the player, it can be done at least to an acceptable degree. As far as the order is concerned, I chose the order of the zoning based on which planets I thought should be more dangerous, not the order in which I think they should be visited.( I personally prefer Tatooine, Manaan, Kashyyyk, then Korriban.)

If you plan to have planets as level 4-8, then you will need to to rescale the enemies.

If planets are level X-Y determined then you are going to be forcing the player and story to go in one line/path. The purpose of the levels X-Y in MMOs is to block players from progression in the story by creating a gear check system/ level check system. You really can't have both. You could make Manaan and Tatooine both the same level X-Y set up to help resolve some of this but it will still be a challenge.

The item drops don't need to be random, just appropriate to the difficulty zone.(So the player isn't filthy rich on Dantooine, or dirt poor on Korriban)

With this in mind, can items be assigned to NPC's via KotOR Tool as an alternative to scripting?

Yes you can place certain loot drops with certain NPCs by the use of kotortools but there will be no random or checks. This means if you place Creature X with loot blaster, ion grenade then ever time you kill that animal it will give you those items. With the system you wanting which would need to compliment a MMO/jrpg game design- this means you need a script to gate off giving the player loot which won't make the player be able to break your level check system by them using their armor and weapons to bypass it.

You could go in and change every npc in the game to have what you want them to give but that involves a good deal of work/time.

I had been wondering where to find the files relevant to progression. Thank you for the information.

As far as weapons and armor, I think there are already enough in the game for the player to get an upgrade every 1-4 levels. I think the only items I need to add are the ones for creature trophies, and the special items I proposed for certain merchants.

By the way, does anyone think that the purchaseable jedi, pets, droids, and turrets, as well as the item exchange concept for the jedi and pets, could work?

I would first get the mechanics working before diving into those ideas.

Good luck with the mod.

Logan

Purchasable jedi turrets ect... Will work fine just attach a script to a mutual NPC that you can talk to before the fight and violla! But it would have to be in the same module you are about to fight in... (Unless you wanted to do HEAVY scripting work that would require global variables and in short I wouldn't recommend it)

-Supreme Kotor

Did you look at the first * under No. 6 on my long list of propositions?

It describes in detail the way I would like for them to function, if possible.

Buy it at a merchant, goes into inventory. Deploy it like a mine(unless there is another method of deploying that would look more natural), then upgrade it like the normal droids you can fix in the game, or pick it back up like a mine to re-deploy later.(I would like to be able to deploy/retrieve the droid or turret in order to make it more worth the time and cost of buying it, but if it's not possible to re-use, I can just adjust the price to make up for it.) I know this is a tall order, and I won't be surprised if it's impossible.

What i mean are zones as- Dantoonie, you have the wild areas where you can fight animals which would be more combat focus zones. While the Jedi Academy and the settlement houses are non combat focus zones/modules. When you look over kotor 1, in order to make grinding enjoyable- you need sever zones to do this because if you have one or two on a planet it will be come very boring very fast. Grinding goes with exploring which means you need enough combat focus zones/modules to do this for this mod to work.

Logan

It is true that I am trying to add MMO/JRPG elements to the game, but the mod is not restricted to the standard MMO/JRPG format. My list details what NPC's I want in each area, as well as thorough explanations(when neccessary) for why they are there, and why they are either friendly or enemy, and why they do what they do.

If you plan to have planets as level 4-8, then you will need to to rescale the enemies.

If planets are level X-Y determined then you are going to be forcing the player and story to go in one line/path. The purpose of the levels X-Y in MMOs is to block players from progression in the story by creating a gear check system/ level check system. You really can't have both. You could make Manaan and Tatooine both the same level X-Y set up to help resolve some of this but it will still be a challenge.

Logan

I do not plan on rebalancing the NPC's that are ALREADY PRESENT in the vanilla game. The zoning only applies to the NPC's that are to be ADDED by the mod. As I stated previously, the buffing items will give players enough of an edge so that they can compete with NPC's at much higher levels, deliberately giving the player the option to bypass the linearism and play the game as they please, just like it was intended by the developers.

To cite the list: -Buff items need to last for about 20 minutes, be very expensive and very effective.(Normal ones *give a level one player attributes of level 5, Hyper ones *give attributes of level 10, and Echani Battle Stimulants *give attributes of level 15).

*It may be more clear to say that they ADD(not give) the respective amount of attributes. That's why I am still in the process of improving the list.

Yes you can place certain loot drops with certain NPCs by the use of kotortools but there will be no random or checks. This means if you place Creature X with loot blaster, ion grenade then ever time you kill that animal it will give you those items. With the system you wanting which would need to compliment a MMO/jrpg game design- this means you need a script to gate off giving the player loot which won't make the player be able to break your level check system by them using their armor and weapons to bypass it.

You could go in and change every npc in the game to have what you want them to give but that involves a good deal of work/time.

Logan

I plan to have about 10 or more iterations of each NPC, each appearing randomly, solo or in mobs, with varying inventories. I want the item drops to be somewhat predictable, so a player can calculte with at least 95% accuracy how many enemies he needs to kill in order to earn a given amount of money or items. I want some items drops to be a guarantee for specific NPC's. I also plan to directly level restrict the weapons in-game, so there will be no bypassing the weapon progression even if the player buffs up and kills level 20 enemies. (Arkanian Pistol has a level prerequisite of 10, for example)

Somewhat off-topic: I'm only trying to make the game more playable in terms of how much you can play and earn, not overly restrictive or hardcore grinding. MMO's only do things like that to make players dedicate more and more time, because the more time the player dedicates to the game, the more money the share holders get. I want to increase the amount of time the player can get out of the game for their own enjoyment, not the amount of time they must put into it in order to get anything back. The difference between the two is completely dependant on how you look at it, so I understand if it causes confusion. I hope this will suffice to explain my stance, and the way I am approaching the mod.

With all due respect to your far superior level of modding experience, I know with a fair amount of certainty what I WANT my mod to be like, as I have meticulously outlined in my list. I have very carefully planned, checked, and balanced my ideas, and I am continuing to work out the rest of the flaws. While I am certainly open to suggestions from far more experienced modders than myself, instead of a back-and-forth argument about what I want or don't want, it would be more productive to discuss (1)what is or is not possible, (2)how difficult each idea will be to execute, (3)which ideas I am able to implement myself, and (4)which ideas I will need someone else to implement for me, as well as whether or not someone is willing to do so.(This is a mod request forum after all, and technically I am only half-way requesting it.)

After all, modding is an art, and art is about the artist expressing his or her own ideas.

Once again, all due respect, no hostility intended, and thanks for your time, attention, and feedback.

With all due respect to your far superior level of modding experience, I know with a fair amount of certainty what I WANT my mod to be like, as I have meticulously outlined in my list. I have very carefully planned, checked, and balanced my ideas, and I am continuing to work out the rest of the flaws. While I am certainly open to suggestions from far more experienced modders than myself, instead of a back-and-forth argument about what I want or don't want, it would be more productive to discuss (1)what is or is not possible, (2)how difficult each idea will be to execute, (3)which ideas I am able to implement myself, and (4)which ideas I will need someone else to implement for me, as well as whether or not someone is willing to do so.(This is a mod request forum after all, and technically I am only half-way requesting it.)

After all, modding is an art, and art is about the artist expressing his or her own ideas.

Once again, all due respect, no hostility intended, and thanks for your time, attention, and feedback.[/

[Rant]With all due respect neither Logan23 nor I are argueing with you. We are both just telling you how to do something, now we are not training to infringe on your "art" but we are trying to teach you. In saying that I will admit that there is NO set way on how to do things. If you have better ideas and would like to revolutionize kotor modding don't let me or Logan23 stop you. [/Rant]

Now I don't think you meant that mean it just seems mean so I would still like to help you. I will start by the loot thing. I am going to assume you have completed DDD's tutorial as I suggested, and I not I'm at least going to hope you know how to make a NPC using KotorTool. When making our NPC there is a button that says invintory, click this button and at the very bottem is says something like dropped items. Just put the items that you would like to be dropped by the NPC when killed there.

-Supreme Kotor

I feel like I owe somewhat of an apology. I was hasty and a little harsh in my previous statement. This is not a renouncement of said statement, only a caviat, as I feel it was not complete. In defending against what I perceived as criticism, I myself may have become overly critical. By the way, the only things I was referring to as arguments were the two points quoted in that post, as they seemed to simply be re-worded to circumvent the answers I had given previously. I just want to say that I would like very much for anyone to look for and point out gaps or discrepencies in my ideas, but I would also appreciate it if they read over the list first, and then point out anything they find, rather than trying to create and solve obstacles ahead of time. I have put a lot of effort into doing that already, and it just feels like I'm having to do the whole process over again. While going over something multiple times does help to refine ideas and explanations, I think it would be more constructive if it were done elsewhere, instead of cluttering up this thread with explanations re-worded over and over in everyway possible. The statement about art was a feeble attempt to end that post on a friendly note. I wasn't trying to be offensive or hostile. I was just a little too zealous in trying to point out in an emphatic, round-about way, that one should read ALL of the material provided, and then address any issues. I didn't think Logan23 was trying to be bossy, I just think he underestimated the amount of forethought that I had put into the idea. I hope that no feelings were hurt, and that I have now made my point the way I should have to begin with.

Now for a question : Is there a more appropriate place where conversations like these past few posts can be handled, to avoid too much clutter? If possible, I would like suggestions and criticisms to be posted elsewhere. I welcome both, but I feel that, when placed in the same thread, they interfere with the request itself to a certain degree. I may be wrong, but that's the way it seems.

• 3 months later...

Sorry I've neglected to post, but there hasn't been any progress to report, as I suspended all planning and work on the project over the summer. I plan on resuming now, but there are several hurdles to overcome, namely my lack of experience in advanced modding. All I've ever done with any games in the past is tweak settings and replace sounds, music, and textures, which are not very spectacular modding achievements. I also tend to be more creative than I am artistic, meaning that I can come up with good ideas, (at least they seem good to me), but I'm not so good at executing them. I haven't actually worked with the KotOR Tool yet, but I have read up on it and opened it up to experiment with the settings and options, and I don't think I'll have any extreme difficulty with any part of the mod that can be made using it. The things I AM intimidated by is the NPC scripting and module editing. While I am willing to learn how to do these things myself, I would greatly appreciate instead if someone who already knows what they are doing, and can do so in a way that is somewhat professional, would make the NPC's for me. I want to make as much of the mod as I can myself, so I would prefer if BLANK NPC's were placed in the desired locations in the game. (Sort of like making an empty slot or template for me to put in whatever I want.) I don't know if they work like that though, so I'm going to go over the list I previously posted, see if any revisions need to be made, and then re-post it with the NPC's sorted by priority. (Some of the NPC's and a lot of my other ideas aren't crucial to what I want to accomplish, but were just things I thought would make the mod more interesting.) My main goal is to radically extend the playability of the game, and the infinitely re-spawning NPC's are the most vital part of that goal. The re-balancing of weapons, character progression, and abilities will all mean nothing without the NPC's. I also want to be able to revisit Taris, Dantooine, The Unknown Planet, and Starforge, at any time after they have been unlocked. (I don't want to be able to go straight to the Starforge from Dantooine, but I would like to be able to leave and come back once I get to that point in the game.) I have more detailed ideas for accomplishing this in my big list posted above. (If you want to point out something that won't work, or just suggest a better way to do something, please do. but please also read the entire list first so that you can see my ideas before saying they won't work. Instead of arguing or being mean and defensive, in the future I will try and remember to simply direct people to the appropriate section of the list.) Also, I only plan on uploading the mod (if it is ever finished) after it has been tested and positively reviewed by a few people other than me, and anyone who contributes will be credited unless they request not to be. This includes those who supply information and helpful criticism throughout the process. As I said, I would prefer that someone else make the NPC's, or at least templates. So, after I re-post the list, I'll wait a few weeks to see if anyone will. If not, I'll start trying to learn how myself. I won't be working at all on any of the other parts of the mod until the NPC problem is solved though, as they would be pointless. As I said before, many of the things on the previously posted list are not vital, so I a plan on revising and prioritizing the whole list at a later time, if the mod ever picks up steam. I am thankful for any help provided.

This mod is currently in the planning phase. As of now, no actual work has been done, and everything is still theoretical. The plans are still being reviewed and refined, so anything on the previously posted list is subject to change pending new developments, and actual work on the mod will not commence until I know whether or not I will have any help.

I'm also not experienced in mods, but would like to offer a suggestion, a compliment, a few critiques (not because i want to change your vision or to be rude, but just to sort of tell you what a person from the outside of this thread and mod thinks on it), and a question.

Suggestion: Start on a single section as a sort of test area first to get your feet wet and to do what you want in that area (so like do a single module in dantooine when you start to get your bearings) with the npc groups,

Compliment: You have good ideas, I would love to see this hit the light as complete so i may play it sometime

Critique:

1) For this (as I understood it) you seem to have a huge idea, huge, not just are you going to modify leveling stuff (not the cap but what the leveling entails), but on top of that you're adding enemies, merchant people, spawn/respawning points for said enemies, you're going to make items from common to rare/special, as well as class the enemies, a critique would be to either list it out in the order you definitely want to do this in or to make a check list from simplest to most complex of all your objectives in this mod.

2) If you edited your list, fixing spelling errors, and updating it, it may draw more people to read it, or even rereading it so to give you better advice or suggestions for you list

Question: are all the groups going to be relevant to the areas? (Relevant is not the right word at all. . . Like on dantooine have Kath hounds and horned Kath hounds, or are you going to make it so there are just people around?)

That's all i had, now that i read my critiques they are more of suggestions, um have fun with your project it seems like it'll be a good ne when you're done

My goal is to make a comprehensive mod for KotOR 1 that allows players to continuously grind and earn money and rewards. I also intend to do a lot of rebalancing to various aspects of the gameplay. I want to make the mod myself, but I don't know how to do everything that I want done. I'm currently trying to learn how to script, and how to add and modify items, but it would save hours of time if I could get help from experience modders. I don't know how much detail I should post here, so I am working on some detailed lists and charts of everything I want to do. I will post these once I have completed and organized them. For now I'll just give a generalized list of some of the things I need.

-NPC's that spawn in random locations, move around in random paths, and respawn after being killed.(like the wraids on Tatooine)

-New characters and creatures that use pre-existing resources.

(no modeling required)

-New items added, some existing items to be modded.

-Modifications to character progression.

-Modification to the Galaxy Map, including animation.

-Modification of modules.

-Various other modifications that are difficult to generalize.

That's all I can think of for now, but I'll keep working on my lists and charts, and share what I've got with anyone who wants to help. (I don't have any of the modding done yet, but I have a very detailed list of NPC's and inventories that only needs a little more work. If any one wants to see it, I'll share it so they can look over it while I finish it up.)

Thank you for your time.

P.S. Does anyone know if the Populate Function works in K1?

I can help you on the scripting side of things, and yes the populate function does work in k1. I checked, and each of the functions it uses are in both games. I can also handle the NPC "templates" for you, though I'll need details.

As I understand you're interpretation of it, you want a .utc file that has no character name, tag, template resref, default conversation, feats, force powers, stats, portrait, or alignment, yes?

Dang, that npc would be so lonely. :)

To Duck:

I intend to do the project in small phases, as you suggested, but before I begin the actual work I want to make it all look good on paper first (or on Wordpad at least). I am also reviewing, refining, reformatting, and prioritizing the list. I'm also breaking the list up into smaller, categorized lists, so it will be more organized. I only posted it in its current form to get people thinking and hopefully give them the first foggy glimpse of the whole plan. As I stated though, I'm really hoping to get out of making the NPC's myself. If I can't find someone else to do it within a few weeks, I'll start trying to learn how myself. I may even read up on it and experiment some before then, if I get a sudden burst of motivation to do so. The NPC's are the heart of the whole project though, so until I get that problem solved, the only work I'll be doing on the project is to continue fixing the lists.

To answer your question, Yes. I plan to make most enemies and groups in their natural habitats, and a few that may seem out of place, but not so far fetched as to ruin the overall realism, such as the feral gizka outbreak I have planned for Anchorhead. I don't plan to have Krayt Dragons in underwater Manaan or sharks in the Dune Sea. Everything will have a good reason to be where it is.

I also want to thank you for posting. It's encouraging first of all to know that someone is paying attention to your ideas, and much more so when they actually like them.

Nothing is certain yet, but once I get the NPC's down, I plan to begin the mod at the beginning of the game and work on individual planets and areas towards the end. (Start with Taris and then Dantooine, Manaan, Kashyyyk, Korriban, Rakata, Starforge, according to the level zoning I've proposed. I think with the revamped buffs and abilities I'm proposing, I should be able to make the SWG-like game play aspect more linear, but still allow players to complete the story in any order they prefer. It would require some money and XP grinding, but the mod is mainly aimed at people who (1)have already played the game, and (2)wish they could still play Star Wars Galaxies (not EMU). I'm sorry I'm so long-winded (or however 'long-winded' translates into typing), so I'll try and end this post. But just so you know, I am planning on breaking the big list into the following smaller ones:

NPC's---Will give details on which NPC's are in each area, what they will have, what they will drop, how they will react to the player, and how vital they are to the project.

Weapons and Armour---Will give details on specs for weapons and armours, show what imaginary classes and types will be assigned to each one, tell where they are to be found in the game, and what each one's monetary value will be.

Items---Basically the same thing the weapons list does, but for miscellaneous and usable items.

Character Progression---Will show the rate at which characters should level up, how many Attribute, Skill, Force, and Feat points available per level up, what the stat ranges of NPC's should be at any given level, character and NPC classifications.

Feats and Powers---will show the modifications I intend to make to the feats and force powers in the game.

Only problem right now is that all my documentation may be on another computer, so I'll be stopped until I can find them.

I can help you on the scripting side of things, and yes the populate function does work in k1. I checked, and each of the functions it uses are in both games. I can also handle the NPC "templates" for you, though I'll need details.

As I understand you're interpretation of it, you want a .utc file that has no character name, tag, template resref, default conversation, feats, force powers, stats, portrait, or alignment, yes?

I wasn't sure how to make it perfectly clear earlier, but to simplify it, I want to be able to edit the NPC's myself in KotOR Tool, but I need them to be placed. I need the templates to be filled with all the data required in order for them to function and be editable. As long as I can change their stats, inventories, and rewards in KotOR Tool or some other simple program, that's all I need. As for the details, I have to find my documents from when I worked on them in May, and if they turn out to be on my other laptop instead of this one, that could be a few days/weeks. I'm searching for them in-between posts. Also, is it possible to make a neutral NPC that will randomly attack characters and other NPC's of any alignment? For instance, a Krayt Dragon that has a random chance of completely ignoring the player and slaughtering everything else in sight regardless of alignment, or vice-versa. If so, that would save me from needing friendly/enemy duplicates of everything, and would feel more natural while playing.

Thank you.

P.S. The original list of NPC details is up near the top of the page (post #4), but it is very long and not very well formatted, and the NPC's themselves are somewhere inside all the other info I had at the time. I need to review and revise it, but I will try to find a way to keep any work based off of that list from going to waste.

***This is a copy/paste of the list from post #4, but with only the info needed for the NPC's. Have fun!***

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

1. Units that re-spawn in certain areas at intervals.(like the wraid groups in Dune Sea)

-all new NPC's will drop items

NOTE: See 'Locations and NPC Placement', 'NPC Item Drops'

2. *Character progression overhaul.

-Since max level can't be increased, each level needs to be much harder to gain, and XP rewards from enemies scaled to appropriate amounts.

-18 spendable Attribute points at start of game.

-3 Attribute points per level

-6 Feats at level 5 and 10, 7 Feats at level 15, 8 Feats at level 20, and

3 Feats at every level in-between

-Force Powers gain alternates per level: 1,2,1,2, and then 3 at level 20

-Feats and Force powers will need to be modified and level restricted(working on a chart with more details)

-In combat, I would like for the player's stats to have very little influence on a weapon or item's power output(Damage, effects), but more influence on its efficiency(accuracy, critical hits).

*I also want all party members and new NPC's to be affected, meaning that they get the same amount of points, feats, and force powers, as well as the same level restrictions that the player would at the same level. Some special NPC's, however, will have extra feats and force powers without level limitations.

3. Each planet scaled to different level ranges:

Taris: Level 1-5

Dantooine: Level 3-8

Manaan: Level 5-10

Tatooine: Level 8-13

Kashyyyk: Level 10-15

Korriban: Level 13-18

Unknown Planet: Level 15-20

4. New enemies divided into 5 difficulty ranges, to be appropriately challenging for players of equal level: WEAK, NORMAL, STRONG, ELITE, and MYTHICAL.(attribute, feat, and power allocation chart is being made for reference)

-Each difficulty scaled to the planets' level ranges:

--Taris: WEAK=level 1, NORMAL=level 2, STRONG=level 3, ELITE=level 4, MYTHICAL=level 5

--Dantooine: W=3-4, N=5-6, S=7-8, E=10, M=15

--Manaan: W=5-6, N=7-8, S=9-10, E=13, M=18

--Tatooine: W=8-9, N=10-11, S=12-13, E=15, M=20

--Kashyyyk: W=10-11, N=12-13, S=14-15, E=18 M=20+*

--Korriban: W=13-14, N=15-16, S=17-18, E=20, M=20++

--Unknown Planet: W=15-16, N=17-18, S=19-20, E=N/A

*Each + next to 20 represents 5 levels worth of stats the enemy needs to have.

NOTE: The classes and tiers for enemies, items, and merchants won't really appear in the game. They are imaginary and only for the purpose of explaining how I want them scaled and balanced.

---More details below---

__________________________________________________ _________________________

---Locations and NPC placement---------------------------------------------

Taris:

-Upper City Streets

--Thugs(normal unarmed civilian type NPC's that will attack the player): WEAK

-Upper City Apartments

--Sith patrols(groups of 2-3 sith troopers): NORMAL

-Sith Base

--Sith patrols(groups of 1-3): STRONG

--Sith assault droids(1-2 accompanying the sith patrols): STRONG

Lower City Streets

--Black Vulkars(groups of 3-6): WEAK

--Hidden Beks(2 guards near the door to their base, friendly): NORMAL

-Lower City Apartments

--Black Vulkars(groups of 4-5): NORMAL

-Undercity(outside the village)

--Sith Patrols(groups of 4): NORMAL

--Black Vulkars(groups of 4): NORMAL

--Two outcast guards at the gate(friendly): WEAK

--Rogue Droids(solo): NORMAL

-Sewers

--Gamoreans(groups of 1-4): STRONG

-Vulkar Base

--Black Vulkars(groups of 1-4): STRONG

*I would also like for Taris to be revisitable. If possible, place the Ebon Hawk on the platform between the elevator and the sith base. If that can't be done, place a custom merchant on the area between the elevator and the sith base, that the player can talk to in order to leave the planet, and a spawn point at the same location for entering the planet. I want the apartment to still be where the player returns when on Taris, if possible.

Dantooine

-Fields

--Kath hounds(besides the ones already there, groups of 3-4, always at least one horned kath hound): WEAK

--Mandalorians(groups of 3-6): NORMAL

--Jedi Knights(solo, friendly): STRONG

-*Cave(in and around)

*I would like the harvestable crystals in the cave to respawn over time, and if this works, I would also like regenerating harvestable crystal to be placed in all the other caves in the game.

-Ruins and Grove

-Estates

(Sandral)

--*Matale assault droids(groups of 4-8): NORMAL

--Sandral assault droids(two guarding the door, friendly): NORMAL

(Matale)

--*Sandral assault droids(groups of 4-8): NORMAL

--Matale assault droids(two guarding the door, friendly): NORMAL

*I would like the attacking droids to appear at the entrance of each respective zone and move toward the door of the defending estate.(As though they are trying to raid the building)

NOTE: I would also like for Dantooine to remain visitable through the entire game.

Manaan

-Ahto City

--Thugs(same as Taris): WEAK

--Selkath Police(single, armed, accompanied by an assault droid): NORMAL

-Sith Base

--Sith patrols(groups of 2-4): NORMAL

--Sith assault droids(groups of 1-2): NORMAL

-Underwater Facility

--Mad Selkath(groups of 1-4): STRONG

--Republic Soldiers(groups of 2-3, friendly): NORMAL

--Republic assault droids(1-2 accompanying the republic soldiers): NORMAL

Tatooine

-Anchorhead

--Thugs(again, groups of 1-2): WEAK

--Czerka Police(solo,friendly): NORMAL

--Gizka(solo, poisons targets, spawns 2 more gizka on death that also poison targets and multiply, up to 16 at a time): WEAK

-Dune Sea

--Sand People(groups of 3-5): NORMAL

--Hunters(normal civilian NPC's appropriately armed for hunting game, different races, some friendly, some enemy, groups of 1-3): WEAK

--Hunting Droid(assault droid outfitted for hunting, varying models, accompanying the hunters): WEAK

--Gamoreans(groups of 3-5): NORMAL

--Banthas(groups of 1-3): NORMAL

--Dewbacks(groups of 1-3): NORMAL

--Czerka Guards(5 at the crawler, friendly): STRONG

--Sand People(2 guards added at the entrance to West Dune Sea): STRONG

-West Dune Sea

--Sand People(groups of 3-6): STRONG

--Hunters(groups of 1-3, friendly): NORMAL

-Sand People Enclave

--Sand People(groups of 1-3): ELITE

-East Dune Sea

--Banthas(groups of 2-4): STRONG

--Dewbacks(groups of 1-2): STRONG

--Rhontos(solo): ELITE

--Hunters(groups of 1-3, friendly): STRONG

--*Krayt Dragon(This needs a lot of explaining.): 20++++++

*I want the Krayt Dragon to appear in random locations, so it's not predictable, but I want it to go to the cave and vanish after a short period of being undisturbed, so that if it gets in the way during the story, players can just wait for it to leave. It needs to have a long respawn wait so that players won't have to worry about more than one showing up at any given time should they choose to fight it. I also want the value of pearls to be extremely high, to fit the challenge of getting them, except the one you get for free. Since the Krayt Dragon is far out of the league of normal enemies, it won't fall within the normal difficulty scale. It needs to be challenging for the highest level of player, so that it will take a long time and a lot of mines and grenades to take down.(We don't want it to be easy by any means.)

Kashyyyk

-*Treetops

--Kinrath(groups of 1-3): NORMAL

--Mykals(groups of 1-4): WEAK

--Tach(enemies): WEAK

--Wookie Hunters(solo, friendly): NORMAL

*I want no new enemies added to the "civilized" zones, while the walkways get more and more populated as you get closer to the elevator.

-*Shadowlands

--Katarns(groups of 3-5, always at least one bull katarn): STRONG

--Mandalorians(groups of 1-4): ELITE

--Wookie Hunters(solo, friendly): ELITE

--Ritual Beast(solo): MYTHICAL

*Like the Treetops, I want no enemies right at the elevator, but I want them to become more and more populated as one moves deeper into the wild, the Ritual Beast only appearing in the deepest parts.

Korriban

-Dreshdae

--Thugs(once more): WEAK

--Dark Jedi(groups of 1-3, some friendly, some enemy, to represent rivalries and alliances): WEAK

Gizka(same as before): WEAK

-Academy

--Dark Jedi(same as before): NORMAL

--Dark Jedi Knights(solo, some friendly, some enemy): STRONG

-Caves

--Shyracks(groups of 1-3): NORMAL

--Rancor(solo, only in the deepest room): 20++++

--Sith students(groups of 1-3, some friendly, some enemy): WEAK to NORMAL

-Excavation Site

--Dark Jedi(same as above): NORMAL

--Dark Jedi Knights(same as above): STRONG

--Dark Jedi Masters(solo, some friendly, some enemy): ELITE

--Sith Troopers(groups of 2-6, friendly): NORMAL

--Sith Assault Droids(1-2, accompanying the sith troopers): STRONG

--*Krayt Dragon: 20+++++++

*I want this one to appear only near the big drop-off, and move towards the tomb of Ragnos, where it will vanish after a short period of being undisturbed. The other NPC's in and around its path will need long respawn delays, so they don't constantly keep it on a rampage. I also want this one to be a greyish color(sort of the way the player looks when far on the dark side), and to have some darkside force powers and poisonous breath.

-Tombs(all)

--Sith students(same as above): NORMAL

--Wraids(groups of 4): STRONG

--Tarantatek(solo): ELITE

--Sith ghosts(solo): ELITE

*Unknown Planet

-(whole planet, except inside the temple)

--Rakatan warriors(groups of 2-6): NORMAL

--Mandalorian Raiders(Groups of 3-5): STRONG

--Young Rancors(solo): ELITE

--Stranded survivors(civilian type NPC's of various species, some friendly, some enemy, some armed, some not): WEAK

-(Inside Temple)

*I would like for the game to be playable after the credits, but since that may not be possible, I could settle instead for a mod that allows the player to re-recruit Bastila here, as well as travel to any planet, instead of going straight to the Star Forge to finish the game. This also means that the Star Forge needs to be added to the Galaxy Map as a selectable destination, so the player can go and finish the game at any time after finishing the story on the Unknown Planet.

*Mythical Characters

-Dantooine

--*Next to Star Map: Revan(wearing Star Forge Robes and a mask, wielding a blue lightsaber)--MYTHICAL

-Manaan

--Cantina: Calrissian--MYTHICAL

--Swoop Office: Teta--MYTHICAL

-Tatooine

--Hunting Lodge: Jamoh Hogra--MYTHICAL

--Czerka Office: Yusanis--MYTHICAL

--Cantina: Cassus Fett-MYTHICAL

--Swoop Office: Jurgan Kalta--MYTHICAL

--**Next to Star Map:

---Revan(Star Forge Robes, wielding a blue lightsaber, Friendly)--MYTHICAL

---Darth Revan(wearing Darth Revan's Robes, wielding the

Mantle of the Force, enemy)--MYTHICAL

-Kashyyyk

--***Next to Star Map: Darth Revan(Darth Revan's Robes, wielding the Heart of the Guardian)--MYTHICAL

-Korriban

--Cantina: Sanasiki--MYTHICAL

--****Next to Star Map: Darth Malak(Wielding the ceremonial lightsaber the player is supposed to retrieve.)--MYTHICAL

*I would like for Revan to appear just as the player approaches the Star Map, before activating it, and only respawn when the player leaves and re-enters.

**I would like for Revan and Darth Revan to appear just as the player approaches the Star Map, before activating it. I would like for the two to fight, Darth Revan defeats Revan, and then attacks the player. Same as before with the respawn.

***I would like for Darth Revan to appear one final time to challenge the player, just as in the previous instances.

****This one is a big request. I want Darth Malak to appear just as Revan did, only I want the fight to happen a different way. This may not be possible, but I would like the damage to be reversed in this battle. (Attacking Malak heals him and hurts the player, and attacking the player heals him/her and hurts Malak). This is meant to represent the principle that the only way to defeat the Dark Side is to let go of aggression. If it's not possible, I can settle for a normal fight.

---NPC Item Drops----------------------------------------------------------

Every new sentient NPC needs to have the following things in its inventory:

(using the Item Classification above as a guide)

-At least one weapon appropriate to the planet it is on(equipped)

-Armor appropriate to the planet it is on(equipped)

-Some type of money or sellable item

The following NPC's need specific items in addition to those listed above:

-Sith Troopers: Any sith weapon or combination of weapons with no level restrictions, Sith Armor(disquise), Credits(10, 20, or 40, on Taris, Manaan, or Korriban respectively), 1 Healing item(medpac, adv. medpac, or life support pack on Taris, Manaan, or Korriban respectively)

-Sand People: Sand People disquise, gaffi stick

-Gamoreans: Gamorean Battle Axe

-Thugs: 1 pazaak card(ranging from -6 to +6)

-Hunters: Antidote kit, wraid plates(1-3) or gaffi sticks(1-4)

-Wookies: bowcaster, antibiotic kit

-Republic soldiers: Republic Mod Armor, 1 adv. medpac, 20 credits

-Jedi: lightsaber or combination of lightsabers(any color except red), jedi robe of appropriate rank

-Dark Jedi: same as jedi, except all lightsabers are red

-Mandalorians: any Mandalorian weapon or combination of weapons without level restrictions, a Mandalorian armor appropriate for the planet they're on, 1 lethal grenade, 1 tactical grenade, Mandalorian head(modified to be sellable)

-Czerka police: Bothan stun stick, Bothan Discord Gun, concussion grenade

-Czerka guard: Disruptor Rifle, Disruptor Pistol, Plasma Grenade

-Sith Ghosts: Red lightsaber(varying types and combinations),

rough-cut upari amulet

-Teta: Teta's Blade, Teta's Royal Headband, Vibration Cell

-Calrissian: Calrissian's Utility Belt

-Yusanis: Yusanis' Brand, Yusanis's Dueling Shield(infinite uses),

Energy Projector, 30 Gaffi Sticks

-Jamoh Hogra: Jamoh Hogra's Carbine, Jamoh Hogra's Battle Armor, Scope,

Armor Reinforcement, 20 Wraid Plates

-Cassus Fett: Cassus Fett's Heavy Pistol X 2, Cassus Fett's Battle Armor,

Hair Trigger X 2, Armor Reinforcement

-Jurgan Kalta: Jurgan Kalta's Carbine, Jurgan Kalta's Assault Rifle,

Jurgan Kalta's Power Suit, Improved Energy Cell,

Beam Splitter, Mesh Underlay, 20 Racing Bonds

-Sanasiki: Sanasiki's Blade, Durasteel Bonding Alloy

-Revan(both instances): Star Forge Robes, blue lightsaber,

Rough Cut Upari Amulet

-Darth Revan(Tatooine): Lightsaber with the Mantle of the Force, Sigil, Rough-cut Upari Amulet, Darth Revan's Robes(no drop)

-Darth Revan(Kashyyyk): Lightsaber with the Heart of the Guardian,

Rough Cut Upari Amulet, Krayt Dragon Pearl,

Darth Revans Robes(drop)

-Darth Malak: Ceremonial Lightsaber, Rough Cut Upari Amulet

Creature Item Drops

*Every new creature(non-sentient organic NPC's) needs to drop the following items:

-1 trophy, valued according to the creatures difficulty(like the wraid plates. This will require items added to the game, or moddified to be sellable, such as kinrath corpses.)

The following creatures need to drop specific items, in addition to those listed above:

-Horned Kath Hound: Kath Hound Horn(new item)

-Kinrath: lightsaber color crystals(varying colors),

Kinrath Corpse(modded to be sellable)

-Gizka: Gizka Poison(modded to be sellable)

-Dewback: Dewback Tooth(new item)

-Bantha: Bantha Poodoo(bantha fodder renamed and modded to be sellable)

-Ronto: Rhonto Hide(new item)

-Tach: Tach Gland(modded to be sellable)

-Bull Katarn: Bull Katarn Fang(new item)

-Tarantatek: Tarantatek Heart(new item), lesser power crystals(like those found on Dantooine)

-Ritual Beast: Tarantatek Heart, greater power crystals(like those found on Korriban)

-Krayt Dragon: Krayt Dragon Pearl

-Dark Krayt Dragon: Krayt Dragon Pearl X 2, Rough Cut Upari Amulet X 5

Droid Item Drops

All new droid NPC's need to have the following items in their inventory:

-Repair item(Weak, Normal, or Strong, on Taris/Dantooine, Manaan/Tatooine, or Kashyyyk/Korriban respectively)

-Droid Plating appropriate to the planet it's on

-Droid Utility item appropriate to the planet it's on

-Parts

Archived