Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

zoom, yeah i think ill just take her up on her offer to **** cause she sent me a pic of her in the tub and omfg. lol at least i'll have some good story to tell at drill this month, idgaf...its worth it, im drunk as **** right now but in my mind it is so worth it...

im drunk as **** right now but in my mind it is so worth it...
That is, of course, when ALL the best life decisions are made. :dozey:

But sounds like she wants you for the ol' bow-chicka-wow-wow... so... easy pickins'. Could be fun.

Annnd... Let's all hope she's not bat**** crazy.

lol you're right ed...and im not sure about bat**** crazy, i do like the fact that she is younger than me by a couple years (shes 25, im 30), so more fun to be had. we'll see how it goes we're going out tonight once i finish my reflection papers for tomorrow's class..

I'm calling it now. Based on 15's past relationships, she's bat**** crazy. ;)

But seriously, hope it works out.

Car is in the shop, won't have it back until Monday. Needs a wheel replacement. Tires fine, the wheel was ****ed to hell and back. 150$ into the car.....

I'd figure another 2 years and I'll just replace her at that point.

So I guess there really were Atari E.T. cartridges buried in the desert:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/26/the-dig-uncovering-the-atari-et-games-buried-in-new-mexico-desert

Cool... And now what? Clean them up and try to find a working Atari 2600 to play them on?

There's probably a ROM port somewhere on the net already...

They'll be disappointed... the game wasn't worth the effort and expense of digging it up. I played it once, at a neighbor's. There's a real reason thousands of them are buried out there... they were never gonna sell them.

But I guess they HAD to know for sure...

This is an example of how alcohol can help us all to live a better quality of life.

;)

Well, I got another job, just three days before running out of my two week notice at Shari's. Make that two jobs found in a depressed market based on the strength of my resume (most cooks can't write well) and ball credit to me for not flinching and taking back my notice when the first job folded...

It's a successful fifties style diner, with quality scratch cooking going on in back. I didn't realize until after I was hired that the owner is a dude I used to work for 26 years ago! His business went under and I quit when he lowered my hourly wage, but we stayed on good terms and it was he who advised me to get a culinary background by going to work at the local Red Lion hotel. That very experience was instrumental in getting me hired, so he'll be able to benefit from his own advice. I just wonder if he recognized my name on the resume, because nothing was said in the interview...

This will be a challenge for me. The kitchen is fully open to public view, and the cooks even interact with customers. I'm used to being able to swear, throw pans against the wall and generally express unhappiness when it happens...but now I will have to act on stage while cooking, no stress. I will be facing my greatest enemy: kitchen rage. Wish me luck.

Not sure when I start there, yet. Still have a couple more days to finish up at Shari's. These last two weeks have seemed like two months.

wow that's awesome, zoom!

right now im watching The Clone Wars on netflix, got some dominos delivery ordered. **** yeah, america!

lol yesterday was ****ing great like i told that girl when i walked her home 'damn good times' hehehe she still wants to screw around with me tho..

lol yesterday was ****ing great like i told that girl when i walked her home 'damn good times' hehehe she still wants to screw around with me tho..
Now the only question you have to ask yourself is exactly how much crazy are you willing to deal with for the tradeoff of semi-regularly occurring sex? And how long that can go on without the cost going up. If you find yourself shopping for curtains together in a couple of weeks, you'll know that you are starting to fall down that rabbit hole, and it's not fun-and-games for her anymore.

Keep in mind that someone much wiser than myself once chronicled couplehood in this way:

"Women fake orgasms to have relationships. Men fake relationships to have orgasms." ;)

I put up with a lot of crazy in my last relationship. In hindsight, probably way too much. There was a lot of drama and baggage and chaos and whatnot to put up with... and in the end, I paid dearly for dealing with it for that long.

I had a pretty depressing thought the other day: I've now been single again almost as long as I was "coupled." We were together a couple of months short of 2 years... and that's just about how long it's been since she fled the country, give or take a couple of weeks. And while pretty much every minute of our time together was deeply memorable... it was often so for all the wrong reasons. My life since hasn't been particularly epic or worthy of recording in the annals of history... but it's been far more stable and... boring, but in a good way.

While there's no way I would ever willingly agree to go back to the chaos that was my life during the darkest days of that time, it seems to me that there has to be some middle ground between getting out of bed every morning and thinking to yourself "Well, maybe today is the day I can catch some kind of glimpse of the rest of the world from the bottom of my deep, deep rut I've carved out for myself..." and "Oh Dear Lord... What fresh new Hell is this?!??"

But good luck. Hope it all works out for you this time.

But don't pay me no mind... I'm just grumpy and cranky from being almost flat out for the last couple of months at work with very little time off, a couple of weeks of feeling awful from a sinus infection that won't let up, and of the only social contact I have on a daily basis is my equally-stressed co-workers, or my elderly mother.

Another though I had: God help us all if the various women (or future women...) in all of our lives stumble upon these threads. I'm not sure any of us paint ourselves in the best possible manner... Hmmm...

Most of them will roll their eyes and ignore what is said her, except to use some things as blackmail.

and I was only able to get about 3 hours of sleep yesturday. Started getting some sharp pain in my knee's while working. Going to make today at work a living hell.

WOuld have called in If I could

call in. from the bar. like a boss. ;)

yeah i honestly don't see how this is going to work unless i just play the 'i dont give a ****' card and see if she still wants me. the thing is, i don't see how i could literally care for her or love her, i just want the sex. now if my family finds out what im doing i'll catch all kinds of hell and worries from them. :rolleyes: and that is how the drama snowball forms. idk, maybe i'm on the route to becoming a total *******/jerk that all the beautiful girls seem to be attracted to around here. the only thing im attracted to on this girl is her eyes. i'm finding that the more i think about it, the more that i dont really want to have a meaningful relationship after the **** i've been through in the past ones..'

however, she is giving me my space with my friends and such...so that is a nice positive change.

God help us all if the various women (or future women...) in all of our lives stumble upon these threads.

:dozey: Date illiterate women.

'Get away from my electric looky box! Where's dinner?'

Cracken, yes cook rage is quite real...but Gordon Ramsey takes it all the way for the cameras. The drama you see on his shows is what professional cooking is like at it's very worst, not business as usual. I once saw a waitress wind up wearing cole slaw (and she had it coming; god was she mean.) It isn't easy to make people who don't cook for a living understand how we can go batsh*t crazy, but I will try.

It's a busy Sunday, and you've been working as hard as you can putting out plate after plate, table after table for hours. About half of the orders are straightforward, right off the menu and easy to cook. If you order a normal breakfast, we can cook it within four to six minutes. Unfortunately, there are special requests and peculiarities to the other half that can range from simple stuff like 'no mayo' to complicated fairywinkle bullstein like this:

Denver omelette, no peppers sub cheddar

Make with egg whites, cook OMW

Stuffed hashbrowns, sub pepperjack with cottage cheese, ham for bacon

Sub hamburger patty for toast (for dog)

Now...something like this won't throw a cook if it's the only thing he's doing...but if he's cooking for twenty other people at the same time, stopping to read the love letter you've just sent is something he doesn't really have time for. He starts firing food right away, tries to get back to reading the ticket, winds up getting it wrong...says f*ck, starts over and meanwhile burns three other breakfasts because every second of what he does is important and the complicated fairy ticket has completely messed him up. And now table six wants to know where their food is.

Does that help? ;) I've always said that if you put Ghandi on the line, he would say f*ck within the first hour. You shouldn't be self-conscious about your girlfriend's needs, though; as grumpy as we are, we are professionals and handle an important manner like that without issue. It should also be noted that in 28 years of cooking, I have never seen anyone spit in the food like in that movie Waiting.

'Dry means no spit, right?' :D

I get rage at my job as well (today would be great example)... but I NEVER outwardly express it. I just funnel it into a seething loathing of all life, which eventually makes it out to my posts here and on Facebook. :dozey:

And 15... I hear rumors, legends perhaps... that tell of a world where sometime people meet, find they are somewhat attracted to each other in that moment, hook up, have sex... and it's 'no big deal.' It's just something that happens sometimes.

I've never personally seen this mystical land myself. I have spent far too much time in the Kingdoms of 'Lonely' and 'Celibate' (though not by choice) with the occasional adventure into the Empire of 'Now You've Seen Me Naked So That Must Mean We're Getting Married Soon.'

Casual sex is apparently something that only happens to other people in the universe I inhabit.

:rolleyes:

Thanks Zoomie. I let my GF know, she's also kinda shy about it, especially since we both work in Customer Service and know how hard working with the public can be.

That's very interesting insight to how a kitchen actually works. I've personally always felt bad about being pickey with the orders in restaurants. I figure, most of them I go to are chains, so everything either comes in freeze dried bags that you can't change or tailored specifically a certain way to make it fast.

Even in diners, I really shy away from getting something that I will have to make a bunch of changes to just to eat it... because why? What's the ****in' point then? If I have to give the chef a bajillion directions on how to make and dress my omlette, I ordered the wrong omlette!

Also, in regards to Celiac's Disease, I know a bunch of hipster health fad idiots are going "Gluten Free", not because they have to due to a potentially death inducing genetic disease, but because it's "all the range and so healthy!!!111!!!!!1!!o.oomgi'maloser!!!!!". More and more people now legitimatly have the disease, so how is your world changing to accomidate these folks?

Sorry for the questions, just curious really.

In real life news.

Car is fixed, and the tire stays inflated! Whoo! New wheel works wonders..... cost only $150.00. -_-

Archived