Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

Just got through mixing a 2-hour-long electronic music concert.

It sounded like an orgy of R2 units on stage. Or maybe R2 units having an orgy... Beep Boop Bonk Skweeeeeeeee! :rolleyes:

Good times... if you ARE an R2 unit :dozey:

Were there any actual ARP 2600s there? It might have been worth it if so.

Also, did you hear that Korg is going to release a recreation of the ARP Odyssey!? Must...not...buy...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were 2 modular synths up there... but modern ones, not ARPs. The college did have a couple of 2600s when I was a student... I assume they're still around somewhere.

A 20+ minute solo from this guy on this system:

Mostly interfaces into laptops into interfaces, though. A couple of Moogs...

Lots of beeps and boops and whooshing oscillators. And bass. I had to turn the subs down quieter than I normally run them... everything was rattling.

All the computers were indeed Macs... as is every single computer where I work. Now, even when we need a PC for running a specific software package, we always get Apple hardware and Windows on Bootcamp. :dozey:

Gawd, I feel lousy today. Curse you, microscopic pollen, for making my body behave as if you were a super virulent flu germ or something. Ugh...

I found Bootcamp worked very well, but for pro audio stuff in particular there were a few problems, particularly with drivers. Sometimes certain sample rates just wouldn't be selectable, and stuff like that.

I notice you didn't deny killing any hipsters, which I will take to mean you killed all of them. Well done, sir. Very well done indeed.

random newbie is random

New game store opened up near me, bought out by another game store about 40 minutes away that bought the one that closed. About 70% of the first floor is dedicated to comic and trade paper backs. The other bit has a decent tho plain board game collection (just the top sellers) and ony RPG they are carrying is D&D pathfinder.

person working there said that three others asked aobut the new star wars RPG, so I am hoping to find some more players

is the best buy.gif.......

You there! :max: What is your twelfth general order?

I must admit that I just don't understand things on the internet at all anymore.

Kylilin is moving to Ubuntu, and Keyan has been to boot camp? At least I think I know what a 'mac' is, having dined at McDonald's myself recently...

Hey, if anyone wants to see my sword collection, go here:

Zoom's cutlery stash :D

It's not the same wild and wooly phe-historic interwebz that we were born into. It's scary out there... with all the selfies and the sexting and youtoobz and instagrammies...

It makes me want to retreat to the warm comfort and safety of my Ayyy-Ohhh-Ell and Compuserves.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

It's not the same wild and wooly phe-historic interwebz that we were born into. It's scary out there... with all the selfies and the sexting and youtoobz and instagrammies...

I want to start a breast-messaging service called titter.

Eager young ladies sign up, take a daily selfie that they post on the website, and we all get to follow them anonymously through a random server. Eh?

Eh? :max:

I want to start a breast-messaging service called titter.

Eager young ladies sign up, take a daily selfie that they post on the website, and we all get to follow them anonymously through a random server. Eh?

Eh? :max:

I'd be very, VERY surprised if this does not already exist... by some other name perhaps... but I'm pretty sure it has to.

You probably have to pay the ladies in question for their participation through your membership subscription fees.

But free alternatives probably already exist as well.

It is the world wide web after all... and if there's one thing exhibitionists love, it a wide audience.

I'd be very, VERY surprised if this does not already exist... by some other name perhaps... but I'm pretty sure it has to.

You probably have to pay the ladies in question for their participation through your membership subscription fees.

But free alternatives probably already exist as well.

It is the world wide web after all... and if there's one thing exhibitionists love, it a wide audience.

That's what I'm saying. There are young women who take boobie shots all the time and are just twisted enough to share for FREE with the online nerd community. All we have to do is set up the free accounts and rake in the advertising dollars.

I googled 'Titter breast messaging' and got nothing, The great sky-bot thought I was talking about breast massage. It's a wide-open frontier, I tell ya...

Glad you like the collection, Kylilin. :D It is a passion of mine. BTW, I'm still posting more stuff. It will take a few days, as I have an ex-ten-sive collection.

my thoughts on life are somewhat improving. even though no girl is interested in me, i'm still content with the way things are going in my life. the gym helped me with the depression...either that or the preworkout. looking forward to this summer. about 3 weeks left here at college for this semester than i'm going to finish up my private investigation diploma course, then this summer going to go to the armory and work on correspondence courses in my spare time (after the gym most likely).

having my dad look at AC units for me, i got old ass windows so i need to get the one that has the hose to go through the window. meh. it's all good.

probably going to get back to Star Wars The Old Republic. :) and today i think i'll start working on that paper for Applied Ethics. it's going to be tough but i think i'll get a c on it.

That's what I'm saying. There are young women who take boobie shots all the time and are just twisted enough to share for FREE with the online nerd community. All we have to do is set up the free accounts and rake in the advertising dollars.

I googled 'Titter breast messaging' and got nothing, The great sky-bot thought I was talking about breast massage. It's a wide-open frontier, I tell ya...

A web portal called "Yaboob" and a search engine called "Booble." Or "MSN"... the "Mammary Service Network." Social Networking: "Faceboobs."

And there's always ways to expand the market: "Bumblr." :dozey:

Of course, with a slight letter change to the name, this now-defunct site already seemed to be headed in that direction: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DailyBooth "DailyBoobs", anyone?

:joy:

had a fit of rage with my door a bit ago...came back home cause i forgot my backpack on way to bus stop, well **** happened when i opened my door i had a box in the way so i was like hm lets use door to crunch the box well the door frame got all ****ed and it's like 1 million degrees in my room and lots of f bombs were dropped and my dog is in his cage bitching to get out and im yelling at him then i calm down and fix the door. WITH A KNIFE.

just hope i can get in and out easily. i can see today getting better once i get to school.

Archived