Home

folding@teamLFN

ChAiNz.2da

185.20 Beta seem to be working as per norm. I dont think there were that many fixes in affecting my ole 8800GTS, mainly adding 295/285 support. Conclusion: no huge need for anyone else to update atm > just stick with latest WHQLs.

*tk - cool av - I saw a toucan in mexico a couple of years back! :p

Progress update:

*Congrats to Sam Dravis >> 500 WUs!

*Magical top 800 in less than a week! (at present rate) Why magical? Unsure :xp:

*Special congrats to A_Dead_Jedi already at 70+ WUs. Gotta love the CUDA :p

keep up the great work team!

mtfbwya

PS- A credible source tells me chainz has been tasked with the important job of installing a tetris and pac man clone on President Obama's contriversial blackberry ;) This likely explains his absence.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Between extended sessions of Fallout 3 goodness :emodanc: and my continuing issues with network connectivity :( I haven't been able to get much folding done lately.

You might look to see if you have the latest firmware update for your router.
A sensible recommendation. Unfortunately the impairment of my Linksys WRT55AG version 1 router's DHCP server functionality occurred right after I did just that. DHCP was working fine before I decided to update my firmware back in the day so in hindsight that turned out to be a bad decision. :firemad: It's an old router that Cisco/Linksys doesn't really support anymore, seeing as how the latest firmware update is from 2003, so maybe it's time for me to get a new DLink or a Netgear router. ;) Thing is I want to stay out of the congested 2.4 GHz wireless network protocols so I want a router with 802.11a support.

PS- A credible source tells me chainz has been tasked with the important job of installing a tetris and pac man clone on President Obama's contriversial blackberry This likely explains his absence.
:lol: Where do you come up with this stuff? We sure do miss ChAiNz though :cry6: and not just for his GTX 280's folding prowess though that is a really nice bonus. :D

Where do you come up with this stuff?

Astro is full of the tangential segue-funneh :D If you liked that, you should come join the fun at the forum games section (also dramatically improves your post count)

It has been in the mid to high 30Cs continuously here - Ive achieved a minimal amount of folding, and have earned that 'fallen a spot' arrow in my sig ;) No biggie. We're still chugging along ok.

802.11a ?!!

Now theres's a name (of a wireless protocol) I havent heard in a long time......long time

poor wireless A never had the chance to get off the ground...... with everyone falling for the wireless N hype.

Nothing beats a good ole gigabit lan. Punch a hole in your wall if you have to :p

@Miltiades Thank you for the explanation. I was wondering how that worked ;)

So the magic of top 800 has dissipated.... onwards to the top 500, a much more traditional milestone number ;)

mtfbwya

Some updates are in order! :

*Super congrats to Char on passing 1100 WUs ;)

*Lexxy is almost upon 100WUs :), PastramiX and A_Dead_Jedi nearly there as well ;) great stuff!

On a sadder note, it looks like chainz GTX280 has evolved into SKYNET and has stopped folding, and instead plotting subjugation of the human race... we need Sarah Connor,, Hopefully chainz is just giving his rig a rest and will be back with us in near future..

I myself have been folding minimally... and will continue to do so.... its nearly 1.30am here still 32C....got to 45 yesterday :(

weatherz.jpg

mtfbwya

On a sadder note, it looks like chainz GTX280 has evolved into SKYNET and has stopped folding, and instead plotting subjugation of the human race... we need Sarah Connor
O noez! Fear SKYNET, nay quake in utter horror, if ChAiNz' GTX 280 has joined...

45C eh? Yikes! That sounds like Phoenix, Arizona in the summer time where night time temps often don't drop below 32C either. I feel for you Astro only I won't feel the same as you do right now for another 5-6 months, hopefully. I've gotta figure out how to move to a cooler clime. :nod:

lolz... I went in and out of that several times the day after the change... the add avatar bit wasnt there yet, I swears it :)

Up now... Now if only I could get aussie sun to stop burning a hole in my folding awesomess :p

and who put us in the recreation category. Fighting cancer in the same category as running around and throwing a frisbee?! :xp: >>Ive changed it to ''community'' as it is a wonderful group endeavour we are on

mtfbwya

congrats to all of you powering on, including Char whom has now passed 1200WUs :)

Today was the hottest day in our city(Melbourne) in its recorded history It was just over 46C(~115F for you yanks) and the records have been kept since the 1850s ;)

yay for record breaking. nay for folding!

but it will be calmer for the next couple of days, so I hope to get a bit of foldin done ;)

astro

I have a quick question regarding folding. I've been doing it on and off, but I've noticed an interesting problem that happens every now and then. The GPU client will complete around 6000 of 15000 steps, then my display drivers will crash. Vista automatically reloads the drivers, but the client terminates its work and submits the stuff early. Even though only some of the work is done, it still counts as a full WU, and I get some points, but only a small amount for completing it. Is there a reason for this? I prefer to submit full completed WUs, such as when I use the CPU client.

- Star Admiral

@Star Admiral, I dont think youd be getting credit for the WUs if they were incomplete, it may moreso be the case that they arent being logged properly.

In any event. What drivers are you running. I recommend you stick with the latest WHQL(official) drivers for your card.

Also, it might be worth doing a cleanout. Uninstall your GPU client, cleanout that folder, and reinstall the (newest) client 6.23. Even if you already had 6.23, If the driver reinstall doesnt work, I still recommend the client re-do if things are still acting up

Ive been doing a bit more today.......temps are down for the moment.

mtfbwya

I stopped folding for a little while. As Astro can tell you, I have been having some really freaky problems with my computer. I might start it back up soon, but everything I have tried in the last 3 days to fix my computer has failed, so I'll keep you posted.

I would like to invite members from the LucasArts forums to participate on our folding team. However I feel it would be better if our team name actually had the word "LucasArts" in it. Astro, you're the team founder and so you're the one that has ultimate control over this but I thought I'd throw this idea out there for feedback. Maybe we could change the team name to LucasArts Fan Network or folding@LucasArts FN or something like that?

I'm also wondering if we should submit a request for badge recognition. My ideas were to have a badges for:

Active team member - defined as someone who has contributed a WU to the team in the past 50 days and a minimum of 10 WU's maybe? If someone has stopped contributing then we could request the badge be removed from their profile.

Then perhaps we could get badges for certain milestones, maybe based on work units completed (so as to help minimize the points disadvantage CPU folders have when compared to GPU folders)

1,000 WU

5,000 WU (replaces 1,000 WU badge)

10,000 WU (replaces 5,000 WU badge)

I think it important I point out that I have no idea if the forum staff will support badges for a social group but I figure it's worth making the request to see what happens. It just seems our team is in a bit of a funk of late and maybe this will help inject some new life.

Those are my ideas. What are everybody's thoughts?

Archived